Alien invasion!

It is a common theme in SF novels that there are advanced alien civilizations out there, but they are all in a different stage of technological development. Once they reach a certain advanced level (the level of colonizing other star systems or somehting like that), a more advanced civilization is woken up. They show themselves. Annihilate the civilization that is about the emerge from their little corner and then go wake to a state of slumber.

it is used to explain why there aren't any aliens knocking on our door. There is just a very advanced one waiting out there to annihilate everything that sticks its head out. The bully of aliens.

maybe they are already on their way to annihilate us after receiving the TV images of the Third Reich. They will arrive on monday. 2PM GMT.

How do you know that some of the other life forms that are here already aren't aliens? We cannot "talk" to the animals to understand them as the same would hold true with aliens from another planet visiting us. Wouldn't it be a shame if we destroyed the real aliens without realizing what we had done?

That is a very interesting thought.

We might have already encountered them and destroyed them in our past. maybe they were tiny. Someone stepped on them. Maybe we killed them off out of curiosity (in a prehistoric age). People have always been rather good at eradicating species. Why not aliens?

Of course our biosphere could be quite aggressive towards any alien life form (also an old theme in the SF world).

My point would be this, When Christopher Columbus set out for a new route to India he didn't expect to find a new land, he did take men with him for protection against piracy and to pilot the vessels however he wasn't out to conquer a new land or raise a civilization to the ground.

My suggestion is the same is of space, admittedly currently we have no destination set anywhere in the universe so finding a route to it's a destination is a little difficult, however we know there are new worlds out there (They are being discovered every day). What we won't be going out there to do however is conquer as its:
1: Expensive
2: Ludicrous
3: A waste of manpower

Now I know most suggest we don't think like an alien but I don't think an Alien civilization is going to evolve to the point of space travel, just to start a conquest scenario based upon it's primitive history.

Still aliens could just send something that kill everything and ther mother, then comeback when everybody dead.

perhaps something that could kill and absorb anything organic and recreate it into to aliens enviremts. Would that be nice, 2 birds with on stone(envirement+oppersision)

Back