Alien God!!

God just isn't the God of our planet, he is the God of everything. And there are descriptions of HUMAN life on other planets, not 'aliens' in the sense of little green monsters running around with ray guns trying to destroy our lives.

As for God being an alien, my friend has been entertaining that thought for a long time, but since i believe God is the God of all things, if there is such a thing as an alien, then God created him/her...which since "God made man in his own image" they'd all look like Him...so they'd all look human...so depending upon ur description of alien...God could be an alien...OKAY i'm going around in circles at 1:30am in the morning...i'm gonna crash...

I never bothered to set my time zone, so that time isn't correct.

Originally posted by Davearchy
God just isn't the God of our planet, he is the God of everything. And there are descriptions of HUMAN life on other planets, not 'aliens' in the sense of little green monsters running around with ray guns trying to destroy our lives.

As for God being an alien, my friend has been entertaining that thought for a long time, but since i believe God is the God of all things, if there is such a thing as an alien, then God created him/her...which since "God made man in his own image" they'd all look like Him...so they'd all look human...so depending upon ur description of alien...God could be an alien...OKAY i'm going around in circles at 1:30am in the morning...i'm gonna crash...

ok but what if they DONT look like humans?

Originally posted by Zero
I suppose this has probably been discussed sometime but it's worth a shot, to get to know each other better through discussion.

Consider the possibility of ET's meeting us. What would be the religious consequences. What if they don't have a notion of a god and found it unreasonable? And what if the human race were wiped out by a single well placed planet nuke by them? Where would the notion of humanity being priveleged by godgiven right take us now?

Or what if they were religious and believed in a messiah? Then the originality of jesus would be nil. Not that it ever was original, but it would cause theological chaos that few religious authorities would be able to quell. The RCC's opinions would be worth zilch then.

Either way, I would suppose that christianity and islam's doctrines would turn out to be flawed in the face of such things.
Not so sure about eastern religions like buddhism or hinduism though.

Thoughts?

Zero, I have a question to pose to you, since debunking christianity is your well noted forte. What leads you to believe ET will arrive some day? Hollywood? The fictional character of ET is only about 10yrs old. It was created for mass public entertainment. Hello---- it's not real guy. That which is not real, has no credibilty on giving a view point on whether God or Jesus exist. This is why I cut the TV watching time to just the news. The rest of it seems to numb the brain; and you call me irrational. Geeeeeeeeez, give it a break.

Gino

Back