AI and the singularity

ai , needs biological intelligence in order to exist .

ai can never become , exist , because of its self .

The physical Universe came before ai .

Last edited:
Only in the speed of calculation .

It is a matter knowledge.

It is , but only if the mathematics is based on three dimensional , physical objects . Not 1 and/or two dimensional mathematical theories .( Which can never exist , physically , ever ) .
Ever watched some of the new digital movies? 3D simulation as detailedas humans could wish.

Yet unreal .
For now. They already have a brisk market in "peronal companions", people are marrying their AI partners already, and it has just begun.
Google Assistant is an artificial intelligence-powered virtual assistant developed by Google that is primarily available on mobile and smart home devices. Unlike the company's previous virtual assistant, Google Assistant
now can engage in two-way conversations.
Imagine that technology in a lifesize personal assistant.
images
images

20,000 dollars could buy you a whole lot of companionship..:tongue: A little creepy, to be sure.

The technology exists, it is a matter of bringing it all together. It is the movement and coordination that is the current challenge. Nothing that cannot be achieved.

Last edited:
For now. They already have a brisk market in "peronal companions", people are marrying their AI partners already, and it has just begun.
20,000 dollars buys you a whole lot of companionship......:tongue:

Yet for free I can talk to other people .

Yet for free I can talk to other people .
Many people cannot. Personal interaction is not as prevalent as used to be. The Internet has removed the need for proximity and the new AI's are great non-judgmental physical substitutes.
Think how many people prefer pets over human companions. Many single people love their pets as they would love children.

The electronic age has just begun. https://www.robotcompanion.ai/

Last edited:
Many people cannot. Personal interaction is not as prevalent as used to be. The Internet has removed the need for proximity and the new AI's are great substitutes. Think how many people prefer pets over human companions.

Yes the internet , phones and all the apps .

Has got us less social .

Pets , have trust in you . Especially , dogs and cats .

True

My point is , is that for less money , I can talk to many more people .
Sure, if you are a gregarious person you crave companionship, but if you're shy or have a physical handicap, one "special" person whom you can confide all your secrets in may be enough.
Think of elderly persons who want a personal companion and assistant with household chores and with whom they can have conversations.

As much as I want .
No, that's not possible. You don't get unlimited memory in a human friend either.
What you want is unlimited learning capacity and that may be doable, especially with access to the internet as humans have.
Although we do not yet have a complete understanding of human brains and how they work, it is generally understood that there is no large, separate memory store. The long- and short-term memory function in human brains is thought to be embedded in the neuron/synapse structure. Even simple organisms such as the C.Elgan worm, with a neural structure made up of just over 300 neurons, has some basic memory functions of this sort.
https://www.graphcore.ai/posts/why-is-so-much-memory-needed-for-deep-neural-networks

And we enter the domain of the biochemical microtubule computer......:rolleyes:

Memory from my post # 211

As much as I want .

No, that's not possible. You don't get unlimited memory in a human friend either.
What you want is unlimited learning capacity and that may be doable, especially with access to the internet as humans have.

Yes it is .

ai , is based , for its existence , on physical objects .

ai is made from , and draws from , physical objects existence .

Thus the physical objects comes before the computer .

Back