after life

(Q) said:
One of the main reasons religion exists is that many cannot cope with the idea that death brings finality to us, so they 'imagine' an afterlife.

How then do you explain that I believe in an afterlife although I would WANT that everything would end after this life?

Define the 'impersonal self' and show us the evidence.

The impersonal self is the existence and the evidence is the existence.

dalahar said:
You only get one shot at securing life.

You can't remember anything for the first ? after you were conceived. Does that mean you weren't alive then. How do you know what or where (if anything, I concede) you were before this life. Are you willing to stake everything on, "I can't remember?" Not me, bub.

Like I have said before, I have been given life already, that is a lot of proof to me that there can be a lot more. This is a huge existence and there is no telling what is out there or what is possible.

You mean because I won't remember/be aware of the after life doesn't mean it doesn't exist or isn't happening?

Afterall, you have a point, I don't remember shooting out of someones penis, but then again when I die everything that made up my brain and my body still exists, so I will still be around but I just won't know it.

It is my personal belief that even IF the universe was created by a higher intelligence, that doesn't mean that all life in the universe he created is designed to go off somewhere else after they die.

How then do you explain that I believe in an afterlife although I would WANT that everything would end after this life?

No idea. Indoctrination, perhaps? You tell me.

The impersonal self is the existence and the evidence is the existence.

Huh?

(Q) said:
No idea. Indoctrination, perhaps? You tell me.

Nope. My parents never talked to me about religion, since they are not religious. I've had a completely free way to choose what to believe, so that's why I believe in everything, which means that I believe in nothing. What is the one who neither atheists or theists agree with? A mystic.

People will continue to live after your body has died. Life, the self, will still continue to exist. It is the same self within all things. Everybody is "I", the existence.

All bodies must have and end, because they had a beginning. But the self which all things feel within them had no beginning, so it has no end.

See, the "self" never dies. It is life itself. Yorda and Godless are just small branches of God's great Lifetree (self) Leaves have no independent life, they are dependent on the tree.

Nope. My parents never talked to me about religion, since they are not religious. I've had a completely free way to choose what to believe, so that's why I believe in everything, which means that I believe in nothing. What is the one who neither atheists or theists agree with? A mystic.

Yorda_7, no offense but that statement just marks you as having a mind that exhibits roughly the same behavior as a computer with several bad connections at critical junctions.

"I believe in everything, which means that I believe in nothing."

Hmm...

Well, that's very deep and philosophical. Wait...

I believe in everything, which means that I believe in nothing.

Pseudo-babble.

People will continue to live after your body has died.

Other people, yes.

Life, the self, will still continue to exist.

Unsubstantiated claptrap.

But the self which all things feel within them had no beginning, so it has no end.

Circular illogic.

See, the "self" never dies.

Wishful thinking.

superluminal said:
Yorda_7, no offense but that statement just marks you as having a mind that exhibits roughly the same behavior as a computer with several bad connections at critical junctions.

I'm happy to hear that :)

"I believe in everything, which means that I believe in nothing."

Hmm...

Well, that's very deep and philosophical. Wait...

Yeah. I convert it to another form for you: "if you have all personalities, you have no personality" Does it make more sense now?

Nothing and everything are the same thing. Like a blank paper. Nothing is drawn there. But everything could be drawn there. So the everything already is there, in nothing, but it's just invisible. Like if you're a man, a woman is in you also, but it is not visible, physically.

You can't talk and be silent at the same time. When you talk, you are "not-silent", when you are not silent, you are "not-talking". This is logic, but the point here is that the silence and non-silence must both exist in order to one of them exist. that's why if you're a man, a woman is in you, in "invisibility". and everything is in nothing.

Do you like cars more than dolls? Paint a car on a blank paper. What do you see? A car :) This car was already there before you made it visible with your pen :confused: It just couldn't be detected cuz the positive form of the car and the negative background of were in balance, united, similar :p

Like if you put black and white together: it becomes both black and white (=gray) but at the same time it means that it is neither black or white

Did you learn something from nothingness or did you get confused?

(Q) said:
People will continue to live after your body has died.

Other people, yes.

= The self :)

Life, the self, will still continue to exist.

Unsubstantiated claptrap.

you think all life stops existing just because you do.

But the self which all things feel within them had no beginning, so it has no end.

Circular illogic.

so if something has no beginning, how can it have an end? does a circle have an end? who's being illogic here :)

See, the "self" never dies.

Wishful thinking.

lol, your responses.... you sound like some kind of machine that is analyzing text. Though you also sound like snakelord. Humans are just biological machines.

Back