Affirming the Supernatural

duendy said:
you contradict...one mo you say you've defined it, then you claim you cant define it....?

You are misinterpreting. I said, SPECIFICALLY, and you will do well to read this: "Note, we have not said "define God" but rather describe God. " Read that part carefully.

i said that IF you define it as 'above' Nature implying it is transcendent and 'supeiror' to Nature, then that is a patriarchal idea. IF, like Goddess people, and many Indigenous peoples you see the transcendent as PAT of Nature then you HAVe...or i HAVE defined it haven't i

I am still waiting for you to quote me where I 'define' the supernatural as 'above nature'.

The blurb that says it CANT be defined is usually mystical blurb, and somes--as does the term'supernatrual' from Eastern metaphysicians,,,,and is meant to obfuscate a feeling that can be had by anyone, so as to create an elitist authgority who 'only knows' what it is

I have already discussed the attempts to put the supernatural on human terms. if some 'elitist authority' knows the transcendent, then it isnt' transcendent anymore, is it? And indeed, if the supernatural can be defined, then it isn't transcendent anymore is it? You will have to think carefully about these questions.

Back