Affirmative action

ok. since you have effectively washed your hands of this matter, try not to deny the experience black folks have. if they assert something is the case, at least give them the benefit of the doubt instead of floating off in rhapsodies of denial

Tell me, Spookz, when did I say that black people are not targets of raceism?

Originally posted by Mystech
I say to hell with it, I've already coverd this, the government doesn't have obligation to take extra action, anything more would be a grose violation of civil and individual rights. I hate to have to say it, but a private organization has the right to decide how they are going to run, if that doesn't sound fair, try a poleice state enforcing ratial tolerance.

the biggest step the govt took was the civil war, a smaller one was enforcing desegregation. i am sure we could survive a few more steps of an even lesser size!

Originally posted by spacemanspiff
sounds like it here. maybe i'm misintepreting.

Does that say that I think raceism is dead, or that I think what it's right for the government to do has been done?

Originally posted by spookz
the biggest step the govt took was the civil war, a smaller one was enforcing desegregation. i am sure we could survive a few more steps of an even lesser size!

Not if those steps intentionally infringe on the rights and opportunities of others.

Back