Absurdities Of Religion

StrangerInAStrangeLand

SubQuantum Mechanic
Valued Senior Member
For listing of absurdities & questioning whether theists actually believe them & practice them.

I certainly don't intend to be mean. but it's nigh impossible to discuss these things without seeming to mock & nearly as difficult not to actually fall into a mocking mood. Plenty of theists mock atheists & religions other than theirs much nastier than I've seen from atheists. At least I have logic behind me rather than faith.
Try telling a mechanic autos actually don't run on gasoline. The gasoline disappears as divine spirits make the parts move. Because The Holy Babble says so.
If the sun stood still, as the Holy Babble says, primitive people wouldn't have noticed it a bit.
The Holy Babble says Earth has 4 corners, there was a day before the sun or Earth were created, in some cases a rape victim should be forced to marry her attacker, people should suffer horribly for eternity simply for believing the "wrong" thing, menstruation is a sickness, a man with defective genitals can't enter the temple, go ye therefore into the world & preach the gospel to every CREATURE, etc etc

How many theists preach to animals?

Further proof that many of the moral lessons taught in the Bible are utter shit, and also further proof that people use a moral compass beyond their religion; they would have to in order to filter this shit out!

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 KJV

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Way to make another retarded no content thread. We need more of those in religion forum!
M*W: Since your religious beliefs are etched in stone, and no one wants to take them away from you, why are you so offended by other religious and/or non-religious posts? I question why you even came to the Religion forum.

Witches, homosexuals & disobedient children should be stoned to death.
Slavery is OK.
Men shouldn't marry unless they just can't control their lust.
It was good for a bear to maul children who mocked a prophet.

1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day

1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day

WTF?

He had day and night and evening and morning on the first day but didn't make the sun or stars till day four???

What sort of loon wrote this shit? It makes no sense with or without some god thingy involved.

WTF?

He had day and night and evening and morning on the first day but didn't make the sun or stars till day four???

What sort of loon wrote this shit? It makes no sense with or without some god thingy involved.

Yeah, Genesis is full of inconsistency. Biblical scholars say it's due to the combination of two or more versions into one.

That's not what it says in Hebrew.
M*W: Then why was it changed so drastically?

I agree... all of us really need to know exactly what it says in Hebrew before we challenge it.

The christian babble has bastardized the Torah.

If god wanted us to read it in Hebrew, it would've made it grow on trees.
M*W: I agree. If there was a god, and the Jewish people were the chosen, then one would think that we'd all be speaking Hebrew. Wouldn't he/she/it?

The fact that I want to know as much as possible about religion, you'd think a god would have had me speaking Hebrew.

Fact is, I took Hebrew lessons for a time when I lived in Germany. I just want to be able to read the original and the truth. I have a question, though, even if I learned the Hebrew language, how could this prove it was actually the truth?

Back