Abortion

"Before I formed you, I knew you".

The word "knew", "know" etc is quite often used as another word for having sex. You can see this is a lot of texts from this period of time and in the bible.

Therefore that line could have another interpretation.

Originally posted by ScrollMaker
According to the "rules" or "laws" of biology, something is only living if it has the following characteristics:

(man.. im away for 2 days and now its imposible to keep up with the thread! You guys really need to settle down :)

Hmm I feel like im getting sidetracked here so i jump to a new thread called "what is life"

See you there

I have stumbled upon reference regarding abortion ordered by God:

Numbers 5
25 The priest is to take from her hands the grain offering for jealousy, wave it before the LORD and bring it to the altar. 26 The priest is then to take a handful of the grain offering as a memorial offering and burn it on the altar; after that, he is to have the woman drink the water. 27 If she has defiled herself and been unfaithful to her husband, then when she is made to drink the water that brings a curse, it will go into her and cause bitter suffering; her abdomen will swell and her thigh waste away, [1] and she will become accursed among her people.

Footnote: 5:27 Or suffering; she will have barrenness and a miscarrying womb

Back