Abduction Article For The Skeptics

I was thinking of something like an unreported auto accident. An intense head-on
collision could cause injuries to the bladder from a seatbelt and if his head also hit the
steering wheel, injuries to the upper nose and sinus area could occur. Perhaps the
head injury gave Dr. Mortellaro amnesia and he doesn't remember the accident. Just
speculation on my part, I haven't read anything new on the case.

phlogistician said:
Not very convincing at all. Firstly, the rambling, disjointed prose. Not a focussed individual, but rather one who like the sound of their own voice, an attention seeker.

How come nobody other than the abductee ever witnesses the event? It's a bit rosky, entering someone's home, but somehow, aliens can do this undetected, entering by dissolving walls with beams of blue light, and nobody sees a single thing.

Why do they keep coming for the same guy, over and over? If it's genetic research, as he proposes, they can learn everything they need from one blood sample, and clone him. They can then perform the experiments on the clone. his assertion doesn't really make sense.

He's not a well man. Suffers from IBS, and has had frequent nightmares since he was a child. It's well known that stomach disorderd in children allow proteins through the stomach wall ito th ebloodstream befire they can be metabolised. Once in the bloodstream, they get to teh brain, and can cause mood swings, hallucinations, in fact, everything this guy reports. Taken alongside the fact that he suffers from IBS as an adult, I think we have a more credible explanation awaiting us.

Regression 'therapy' is flawed and discredited. It's been thoroughly debunked as it is leading, and creates false memories. This accounts for the skeptics who had supposedly abducted, the act of regression places the memories there, the method is fundamentally flawed.

Many cases of 'abduction'' can also be explained by temporal lobe epilepsy. The symptoms match exeactly. Add regression hypnosis onto this, and a little predisposition, and you'll get your abduction.

I knew a girl who was a little unstable, who was religious. She was assualted nightly bu demons, not aliens, it turned out, after hypnosis. Odd folks see what they believe in under hypnosis, isn't it?

As for the 'medical report', well, to be taken with a pinch of salt, as just a transcript, with all the names and places that would aid it's verification removed. I would have expected a scan of the real thing at least. Of course, even if this guy had been admitted, thet wouln't lead us to the cause being aliens, necessarily.

The smelly rat in the whole report though, is the allusion to 'lost time' which is often claimed by abductees;

" but was about five hours off on the time. He thought the time was about 6 PM. It was close to midnight. "

But the opening line was;

"Mr. Mortellaro was unconscious"

No, once you've lost consciousness, or even just fallen asleep, you lose track of time. This is why we keep alarm clock by our beds, folks, and check them when we wke up, to see what time it is, as never have clue. So, the time thing, is expected, but adds nothing, apart from a whiff of lost time mystery.

My take? Just another loon looking for attention.

There isn't a single item in your post that mitigates or lessens any of the assertions to which you refer. I see just a bunch of facts thrown together in order to drown a thread at first blush with distraction, innuendo and overt unabashed bias. It is either your job to post material like you did, and/or you have a loathing for exposure to any concept of alien contact with our planet.

phlogistician said:
Many cases of 'abduction'' can also be explained by temporal lobe epilepsy. The symptoms match exeactly. Add regression hypnosis onto this, and a little predisposition, and you'll get your abduction.

What do you mean that [it] " . . . can also be expalined by . . ."? If I explain flight using principles of aerodynamics have I trashed the airplane industry? If I exlain love, does thagt mean it will go away? I would really like to know what critical value a statement like that has in determining the truth of a matter, but then maybe tha is the problem, he truth of the matter, I mean. How many temporal lobe epileptics suffer from the syndrome described here, that you know of, and how does that information negate what is asserted here? It appears to me that you areeremarkably familiar, not as someone I know pesonally, but of a class of people that argue along lines laid down as you did here. There is a smell that a substanitial number of people have been trained to trash any and all discussion of alien contact, among other restricted iems of discussion.

Do you have religious convictions that motiates you to respnd as you did?, political? social? What are you trying to trash here? What conceivable harrm should we fear for the unfettered discussion of alien contact? The author of the thread doesn't project hmself as unstable, pathological, antisocial and I am sure he isn't a Communist. Is it a lack o curiosity, committment to a reducitonist scientific manifesto, what? Why do you respond in a manner that can have only one logical and rational end: The termination of discussion of alien contacts.

Well said Geist.
The effort some of these skeptics put into a topic they hold no interest or personal meaning in is scary to tell you the truth.
However, the topic of abductions gives me some insight as to what some of the more cautious and rational skeptics may feel on the subject of ET's.
I have seen crafts with my own eyes witha freind.
I beleive in the existance of alien visitation.
Abduction however is a topic I choose more to deny more emotionally than intellectually.
Again, abduction in my opinion is very likely, but integrating this as a beleif puts me in a place of fear.
I choose not to accept this as a part of my daily reality because of the state of fear it instills.
Even talking about it now is not very nice, considering some of the abduction stories are not very nice.
I beleive in abduction, but I do not wish to pursue this beleif, as stated above.
If there was a God, abduction would have to be one of THE greatest crimes.
Sorry 2inquisitive, that I cannot and will not share this topic in general with you.
I sound like a wuss., but unfortunately I'm serious.
Peace Out.

Then there is that famous case of the abduction that took place some twenty four hundred years ago. But then Elijah was taken by the GoodET’s, not the BadET’s

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

moementum7 said:
The effort some of these skeptics put into a topic they hold no interest or personal meaning in is scary to tell you the truth.

What a weird thing to think... not only would the presence of aliens have a deep interest and personal meaning for me, but it's not within my interest to deny the existence of other intelligent beings in the universe.

My interest in contributing to these conversations (although I was gagging with this one i.e. not serious) usually has to do with the idea that a person's abduction experiences should be believed because (1) they fit some kind of Communion concept of what aliens should be like, and (2) they really really really believe that it happened.

If Mr. Mortellaro is (as is apparently so) a chronically ill person, and passed out and was found in a serious condition, then it shouldn't be immediately imputed to outside intervention. If he saw some things during the time that he was passed out, these sights should also not be accepted at face value.

Why not? Well... have you ever talked to someone who is recovering from a general anaesthetic? They say all kinds of peculiar things; their mind is not in a 100% rational state. Similar effects can be witnessed in someone who is suffering from any kind of blood toxicity, such as that caused by liver or kidney damage; often, when people die slowly as from old age, they will be irrational for a long period of time and talk as if they were in other places, like those they remember from their pasts.

Consequently, if Mr. Mortellaro saw things while he was unconscious, it would be premature in the extreme to assume that they actually happened, given his medical history.

Thus, my interest in this "abduction story" is minimal; the fact that Hypnotic Regression was trucked out in support of it removes any credibility it might have had. (Since evidence given while under hypnosis is not accepted in court... leading questions, like "tell me about the time you were abducted by aliens" can lead people to "remember" things that have never happened to them.)

The story of Mr. Mortellaro in no way advances our knowledge of ETs or their presence on Earth. He is just a guy who said a thing.

I have typed up medical reports for years. That report is bogus.

Profoundly..., LOL.

As for the guy having IBS, big deal. Half the population has it just about.

Back