Abductees: How is it that we can be who we are?

That's interesting, three entirely different perspectives on a single question?

How could that be?

Expectations maybe – we carry our expectations with us as we take in the world around us. Even having no expectations, takes into account that we have none.

Maybe I should rephrase; as abductees, what enables us to be who we are?

The underlying question here is, what ‘are’ abductees – what purpose do they serve? Nothing exists without purpose.

Abductee is simply a name derived from one apparent facet of the entire process.

Rather like calling children who are taken to school, ‘School Bus Riders’.

There is a lot more going on here than simply riding the school bus.

Likewise, abductees are more than simply abductees.

Last edited:
yeah yeah... more enlightened.... blah blah blah.

When are you going to stop claiming to be special and start demonstrating why you're so special?

Careful there, James... you're just askin' for the ol' anal probe! ;)

:m: Peace.

Originally posted by James R
yeah yeah... more enlightened.... blah blah blah.

When are you going to stop claiming to be special and start demonstrating why you're so special?

These are your words and not my own – how would you suggest that I prove your words? Isn’t it up to you to prove your own words?

lets see:
1. We live out in the country, so they can come down ad get us easily.
2. We become paralyzed by fear of small gray aliens with big black eyes, making it very easy for them to drag us away
3. We become easily traumatized so we forget the hours of anal rape, and think that nothing happened at all.
4. We are usually stupid and moronic so no one will believe are story even if we do remember.

Originally posted by goofyfish
Careful there, James... you're just askin' for the ol' anal probe! ;)

LMAO....Oh Goofy...you're comments are always welcomed being so witty they are.:D

As for the thread starter..is their some reason you believe you are a abductee..any memories or actual physical scars that remain from such "abduction".

Originally posted by Dearprudence
So, you're saying that abductees have, not a special, but perhaps a necessary profile required as a prerequisite, and that that's what you're exploring? But it's my understanding that abductees come in all shapes and colours... no distinctions as to class, status, education, etc. So perhaps the required profile of an abductee is something beyond the mundane.

That's an interesting point.

Apart from our abductions, who are abductees? What purpose do they serve?

Are they/we 'lab rats' or the first batch of genetically altered humans to populate the world?

If, for example, all abductees were genetically altered, and if abductees made up only *5% of the general populace, it wouldn't take long (i.e., many generations) for that genetic alteration to become prevalent throughout the general population.

Logic would indicate that there is a purpose at work with respect to abductions. What that purpose might be, is the question.

*(5% is simply a number mentioned by John Mack's group at one point in time - the actual number may be more or less than that - there are no figures other than that that I am aware of)

Originally posted by Jocariah
The underlying question here is, what ‘are’ abductees – what purpose do they serve? Nothing exists without purpose.

Abductees are any person who has been abducted. In this instance and on this forum we all assume, though that you are talking specifically about those people who claim to have at one time or another been abducted by Aliens.

As for purpose, it may be true that there is no effect without cause, but there is still cause without purpose. Alien abduction isn't some sort of philosophical thing, it's just a delusion.

Originally posted by Jocariah
These are your words and not my own – how would you suggest that I prove your words? Isn’t it up to you to prove your own words?

You have claimed on a number of occasions that abductees are somehow superior to other people, that is your claim, not that of James R.

He's just wondering when you are going to substantiate this claim, and frankly so am I.

It makes it difficult to have a conversation with anyone who continually misquotes me.

Don't be lazy Mystech, take the time, and make the effort to quote me verbatim, and I will be happy to respond.

I have never used the term 'superior' to describe abductees.

Your misinterpretation of what it is that I have said is your own concern, and not mine.

When wanting to engage someone conversationally, and not understanding what it is that they are saying – simply ask for clarification on whatever you wish to explore.

Being imprecise and sloppy with the terms that one chooses to use does not relegate me to the same.

Cheers

I assumed that you would view someone who is more "enlightened" (the specific term which you have been using) to be in some way superior (at least on an intellectual level) If this is not the case, then I'd have to ask again, what phenomenon you are trying to describe, but as you've already shown you won't answer that question.

Just don't act so confused when people don't understand what the hell you're trying to talk about. Just because it may seem clear in your head doesn't mean that you have communicated the idea in such a way that would allow others to understand you.

Originally posted by Dearprudence
...abductees describe a history of recurrent abduction scenarios, and always with the uncanny feeling that they are being monitored.
Exactly. Classic paranoid delusion.
...they discover that their parents and sometimes grandparents confess of odd and dark "adventures".
Evidence that genetic susceptibility could be a factor in these delusions.

The purpose of abductees could be anything, what do you want it to be?
It could be the obvious, that the aliens need genetic samples from a diverse set of humanity.
They could also alter your genetics, making you mutants. Alien-human hybrids.
They are just sadistic by nature.
But the deeper meaning of abductees as such is hard to find. Many small reasons come to mind, but no big one.
Maybe you are allowed a glimpse into an alien world so that you can spread the word that they are here, to prepare people for a more formal visit.
But the methods they use are so startling that it really makes one wonder if they have any braincells at all.
Maybe they are showing themselves to the abductees as a warning of what could become of humanity if we don't start taking a more empathic and loving approach towards existance as such, treating the Earth and eachother a little bit more compassionate. How about giving up war as a small starter?
The aliens are the future us, trying to communicate through abductions.
Or maybe just picking up fresh genes, since the ones they got are so damaged.

The urge to save humanity is almost
always a false face for the urge to rule it.
___ -- Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Goofy, the only way for humanity to be saved is to let me rule.
:D

Another thought, concerning the feeling of specialness that is so common among abductees. Thankfully, I haven't experienced the horrors of the anal probing myself, but I can imagine such an abusive action would force your mind to come up with a REALLY good explanation and deeper meaning for your suffering.

Back