a thought occoured

phlogistician said:
I think what you're struggling to say, is that the thoughts, fears, and flights of fancy of humans is constant, it's just the explanations we give for them vary with time.

Uh, no. The objects that have been witnessed in this century have most definitely not been fantasy. Most everyone accepts that, both the witnesses and those who analyze/investigate reports. Even most skeptics accept it now, they are just more likely to propose common explanations.

phlogistician said:
Now it's all aliens.

Not at all. Skeptics always like to jump to that. They are currently unidentified. What they are or who controls them has not been established. It could be a terrestrial source, it might not be. We don't have sufficient information to say yet. All we have is some insight into the fact that the US government did not know what they were when they first appeared.

It seems to depend on what one accepts as acceptable evidence and sources as to what one truly accepts of ETI and UFO’s.

For sure there seems to be two main factions of thought on this issue.
1. Those that want to really know.
2. Those that don’t want you to know.

craterchains (Norval said:
ETI and UFO’s.

One of the problems is that these two are always put together.

The phenomenon of UFOs can no longer be denied that is for sure. But whether it represents ETI is very much still open to interpretation. It is often said that it is the most likely because it could explain the abilities of the objects observed. While that could certainly be the case, the fact remains that it is not the only possible explanation.

Until someone comes up with scientifically verifiable proof that ETI is the cause, it will still just be a theory.

As I'm sure I've mentioned before, In times of old navigation was done by the star's. And to remember Courses and routes didn't mean sitting down with a map generated by a cartographer because cartography wasn't widespread. So this lead to navigators inventing stories to help remember the course they plotted, and even tell when ported at home.

Such stories could then be interpretted into output in paintings, due to the nature of the story being one that was verbal the only thing that would be left now is the paintings and potentially an pictorial explaination of their destination.

Back