A Spacetime Theory of Consciousness

gluon

Banned
Banned
I derived at a theory a while ago that consciousness (if it experiences the dimensions we inexorably observe), then perhaps this could be describable under vector calculus and used as a model to describe reality alongside the relativistic model of spacetime. It turned out a few months later that i was not the first to propose the idea, as Arthur Eddington was the one who initially created what was called ''a spacetime theory.''

Indeed, Arthur Eddington was not the only one to consider this, as you will soon see. This post is an overview of a complete work i have finished, but i wondered what the general audience thought of it.

(Here is a quick summery)

So what is my theory?
My theory has a mix of principles it abides, just like any good theory of physics; but the underlying hypothesis is that the ‘’world’’ we see has itself a description which is analogous to the freedom of a spacetime metric. I decided my theory independently two years before the writing of this book. I soon found on my investigation the idea of treating the mind with some kind of dimensional freedom as we treat space and time physically as vectors on a continuum:
“ The general theory of relativity brought with it a decisive change in this point of view [the 3D world]. Space-time and matter were found to be interdependent, and there was no longer any question which one of the two is more fundamental. Space-time was also found to have its own inherent degrees of freedom, associated with perturbations of the metric-gravitational waves.
Is it possible that consciousness, like space-time, has its own intrinsic degrees of freedom, and that neglecting these will lead to a description of the universe that is fundamentally incomplete? ”
—Andrei Linde

(And now here is to the work i want to show)

Sequential Monotonic Convergence and Interleaver Relations

In part one, I explained:

Another explanation why the human perception may seem so free from the chains of quantum supremacy is perhaps the idea of having its own degrees of freedom (or dimensions) are in fact unique yet analogous to those that exist outside the human mind. These include the idea’s that we certainly ‘’see’’ a three-dimensional world which may be uniquely different yet essential in the formation of a linear external world.

Brings me now to explain that whilst the space dimensions seem analogous to the external space dimensions, the time dimension seems to be the one vector dimension taking totally different forms: Time as a Minkowski Geometry shows in Relativity is but yet another dimension of space, and imaginary dimension. If we are to take this seriously, then one might find it interesting that the physical world seems quite intact, whilst some perception of time does not.

Time according to the observer is linear in nature; it does not engulf a wide spectrum that we call past and future; in fact, without the observer, the distinction of past and future would not even exist (4). So one could say, a consequence of having perception, is to have only a present time, and no knowledge of the boundary existing beyond the record of our memories.
It seems important to note though, that strangely enough, wishes seem to beyond the observer; the choice or mindless ponderings to act (5). So while choice remains as a probability in the future, the ability to have memory of the subject remains to us as being beyond us in time. This brings about another concept I will use in physics, and this is ‘’linear knowledge’’ which will be discussed in part 7.

Concerning the mind and the law of cause and effect (which are closely related and may even be equivalent), I set two postulates. The first refers to exactly the linear nature of observations and events. The second refer to the necessity of having observations to define linear actions in spacetime.

1) For a natural set of observed sequences, they need to unravel in a uniform distribution
2) For a natural set of external events, linearity is not conserved unless some linear representation has made a resolution along its path. This reduces events from being ‘’everywhere’’ to just ‘’one place’’.

The linear direction of consciousness was something I contemplated two years ago, but did not have enough insight into physics to develop a demanding theory relative to its origin. But mathematical formulation by idea always eludes me.

Mathematical descriptions of trivial form concerning this abstract theory requires abstract terms, and sometimes basic abstractive acceptance, where ignorance could be related. In the end, a true spacetime theory of everything cannot satisfy a single equation.

But, there is some math which can help us understand the theory even if it cannot understand it fully. In the following, $$A$$ is equivalent to the ‘’focal points’’ of Dr Wolfs theory, which ascend in time $$n+1$$.

So obviously, $$n$$ is the initial time or start of supposed observation.
$$\partial A^{n+1}$$ implies that there is some change in time $$n+1$$ from the past n. Now consider the system under a change in time, and this would be:

$$\partial A^{n+1}-A^n=\partial A^n$$

The next assumption supposes what we really want:

$$\frac{\partial A^n}{\partial t}=k$$

The $$k$$ here represents some variable related to the change in probability over some increasing time. If we use the dot product we could assume the first geometric model of this theory.Whilst the dimensional freedom we assume for the mind (which is nothing but the dimensions we come to observe) is imaginary in every sense, it can be represented as three dimensions to keep true the experience we come to know as the world everyday:

$$a=<a_1,a_2,a_3>$$

Where $$a$$ represents the $$R^3$$ dimensions of space. In the following equation by deduction of logic, then $$a*$$ must represent the space dimensions we observe, which may not be the same thing as $$R^3$$ dimensions, so we can represent them as being individual and unique:

$$a*=<a_1*,a_2*,a_3*>$$

So in my model of reference theory, they refer to each other’s existence, and merge into one real entity, or value mathematically-speaking;

Since taking the dot product with $$a$$ would yield the square of the vector $$\sqrt{a•a}=|a|$$ then the comprising of $$\sqrt{a• a*}$$ will yield some absolute third value:

$$\sqrt{a• a*}=|b|$$

The third value is the mathematical relationship i derive for explaining some abstract model of the observed and the observer in relationship with two vector representatives.

So the mere act of observation ‘’glues’’ the observer and the observed together. Geometrically-speaking, the collapse is attained from precise representations of reality created in the neurological network of the mind; this information is processed upon interaction of both fields $$a$$ and $$a*$$. One could even say that without $$a*$$, $$a$$ then remains undefined, and brings an importance to the observer, an idea in physics as old as physics is.

One might even now take the cross product and analyse one of the vectors as being the human mind; the cross product only works for (which is a three dimensional space). It can be argued that the mind is zero-dimensional – (but treating the observational three dimensions we experience – whether existing in the vacuum as a real thing or not, has its benefits for a geometric theory of consciousness.) Another problem, is the idea of treating distance in the vector mind-model as being a real physical entity, whilst can treat it as such. So typically we should know that a physical real distance given as:

$$D(P_1,P_2)= \sqrt{(x_2-x_1)^2+(y_2-y_1)^2+(z_2-z_1)^2}$$

Since the observer however measures distance being taken, then it can be said the real physical distance is only defined through a measuring observer; in fact, special relativity which deals with this is defined by most as being an observer-dependant theory of relativity.

Going back to the sequence mathematics, one can evaluate the sequence $$\partial A^{n+1}-A^n$$ as a linear flow, and I want to represent one sequence with the vector mind-model and the vector analysis of the three dimensions ‘’out there’’. Traditionally, to merge two sequences together, we use a interleave sequences. Interleave sequences are good theory for this model, because both the ‘’internal’’ and ‘’external’’ worlds are described as having the same limit in the sequence.

Defining a Directionality

Since $$a*$$ required $$a$$ and vice versa in the geometric vector analysis are represented as ‘’linear’’ together, then individually the sequences we describe them with could be represented mathematically as being increasing $$a_n<a^{n+1}$$ or decreasing $$a_n>a^{n+2}$$, which indicated that they could be monotonic, (whatever that means according to the fundamentals of the theory). It may mean nothing. After all, we are working with undefined concepts without $$a$$ acting on $$a*$$; for us to make such a directional distinction, we would require the proof;

$$a_n=\frac{n}{n+1}=f(n)<f(n+1)=\frac{n+1}{n+1+1}=a^{n+1}$$
So
$$a_n<a^{n+1}$$

Which is a neat proof for it ascending in the positive direction, which is essential for observer-observed synchronicity; so we can finally say the sequence is moving as thus,

$${a1,a2… … … … a_n,a_n+1}$$

For two representative realities (the one we experience and the one objectively ‘’out there’’ defined from the vector algebra I initiated for it, could then be used.

If the choice to evaluate $$\Delta t$$ in too large a steps, it would result in an answer that oscillates. This is analogous to the function of consciousness, which happens on frames very small when compared to time. So the choice of evaluating $$A$$ is very essential. Taking very small steps, we can create an ordered state of events in time.

We certainly don’t exhibit an oscillation in space coupled with time (10). An oscillation indicates varied coordinates over the dimensions, which sporadically change from one state to another. One that does couple in synchronism is the description of a linear directionality, where events occur under cause and effect create with it some order in a preferred direction.
Considering the two sequences under interleave-mathematics, you can take two real values and make them converge and create a third number, where $$(0,1)$$x$$(0,1)=(0,1)$$.

For some set S let us assume $${a_1}$$ and $${a_2}$$, the two sequences converge if:

$$b(i)=$$
$$a_k{i=2k}$$even
$$a*_k{i=2k+1}$$uneven

Which is the normal derived function of two real values on interleave mathematical analysis. You may have noticed I used $$a*$$ and $$a$$ to denote the two sequences, which are of course, the same notation I used to describe the two worlds of the internal and external vectors.
One may point out quite rightly enough, that $$a*$$ in the theory does not represent the real sequence of $$a$$, because one does not refer to a real physical reality, so one cannot normally use the interleave sequence above. Instead, we need to incorporate one (being $$a*$$) as an imaginary or complex sequence. So we would require one sequence moving in the opposite direction… So the end result is the same, for both the negative direction and positive directional sequences to converge. Whilst having one sequence moving in the opposite direction seems counterintuitive, it is simply one way to express one sequence as an imaginary sequence, where the two sequences will converge to produce a real positive answer.

In the end of the day, I certainly don’t not proclaim that the math shown in this chapter described reality, but only could represent it in an abstract form for us to deal with the complexities of the subjects we work with in physics. In other words, the human mind when interacting with the world at large cannot be simply due to some hidden function of converging sequences, but mathematically-speaking, it does work well with describing how it could all work, and even help conceptually.

The Mind has a set of dimensions it observes, whilst these dimensions may not be the real world, they are certainly somehow entangled into the evolution of the world and systems both macroscopic and microscopic. The quantum zeno-effect is proof alone that the linear evolution of systems are perturbed by the mere act of observation, so our mindless ponderings and mere observation can and do effect the world. Somehow our mind, whether real or not in the sense of existing in some point of space, does overlap the possibilities of the real world, and hence a working model of how this can be achieved is required: (Concerning the observer’s measurement) it’s like having two myriad sheets that once in a while merge upon some fundamental collapse, and the description of the collapse requires the observer and hence, both sheets. If we take one of the sheets away, we have an incomplete description of reality.

Last edited:
This seemed like a good passage to include in this, if anyone is wondering how one can come to the speculations i have:

The Mind Sees Three Dimensions

The human mind in respect to our observations certainly experiences what ‘’appears’’ to be three dimensions. If this is not the real world, as suggested in the overview, then we not only have the three dimensions of the physical world, then we also have three dimensions (in this holographic world of perception); they may even be fundamentally related.

It seems a reasonable theory to believe that information enters our bodies and transmutates into the three-dimensional phenomenon we call perception and awareness, and this information is directed from the single photon hitting the retina. These electrical signals are then interpreted to the closest thing it is meant to describe, and by the looks of things, it does it quite well.

But if the mind experiences its own dimensions, this means it has a freedom of some sort… so what is this freedom? It’s hard to say what freedom we are referring to, because simply stated, on the scale of reality, the mind must in zero-dimensions, so there seems to be a contradiction or two here.

This is where one must conclude that the laws of physics may necessarily break down when concerning consciousness. In fact, as highlighted by Dr Fred Alan Wolf [1] on an Uncertainty scale of things, we know where we are going, and we know with great certainty our positions. The Laws of Quantum Mechanics therefore, must generally break down in understanding consciousness, which may seem terrible at first glance, but it may be suggesting that we need a whole new Mechanics based on the experience of the human being.

Another explanation why the human perception may seem so free from the chains of quantum supremacy is perhaps the idea of having its own degrees of freedom (or dimensions) are in fact unique yet analogous to those that exist outside the human mind. These include the idea’s that we certainly ‘’see’’ a three-dimensional world which may be uniquely different yet essential in the formation of a linear external world.

I am not a math genous at all!!! - but i know my sciences ;)

But i have spent a considerable amount of time formulating this theory.

For those who noticed ''reference theory,'' in the work, this is basically it;

Reference Theory

In my work, I come to the evidence that for a complete description of spacetime in a field theory would essentially require a role of an observer if the known laws of physics are to make full and complete sense. The reality we come to experience and the reality ‘’out there’’ are required to make a complete theory on an observed system; important concepts such as linear time come out of the theories deepest hidden meanings.

Our world (the world we sensitively understand as a projection of some imagination) must be referred to the external world in which we gain information from. The coherence of the mind (its ability to change a two dimensional imagine into a three dimensional phenom) with the external world of physical matter and energy and space is really unique. The information from this physical world is interpreted by this complex mind, and the observer coheres to understand the evolution of the universe.

The two worlds should therefore have a principle of reference: This world we see, and the world objectively ‘’out there’’ should refer to each other’s existence, but also unable to have a defined reference without each other, due to the probability wave function.
Perhaps on a philosophical note, it would certainly seems ludicrous to accept one side of the coin in an observer-observed model with only descriptions of the observed being noted. So the principle of reference in my theory, hints that one reality during observation cannot suffice a model, however, requires that both worlds refer to each others existences.

I derived at a theory a while ago
By which you mean you made up a bunch of equations, which were meaningless or deliberately done badly in Latex so you could say "Oh, it's just because I'm not familiar with Latex, the equations themselves are good" and then made a series of wilder and wilder unsupported claims about areas of physics you've never worked in, don't understand and wish to fool a few suckers into thinking you do understand. Said 'theory' had no coherent, justified derivation because it's postulates were non-existent and due to lacking a decent quantitative framework was completely unable to predict anything, be developed by anyone or stand up to even the smallest of reviews.

Now, as i have mentioned once or twice, the model that represents the observer has qualities the external spacetime cannot be described with, simply because we experience this strange formation of having a past and a future.

An Observer, Time and Two Sides of Space

The ‘’space’’ in the title is not the ordinary space I’m referring to. This is in fact referring to the idea that we can assign vector calculus to describe a model that appreciates the experience of the observer. One can speculate that perhaps you can find hidden symmetries in the human experience that may reflect how it exists on top of the three spatial dimensions of space (plus one temporal dimension that maybe linked closely to human experience). There maybe no difference between that time dimension and the human mind according to some physicists.

I attempted a very simple orchestration of the theory by analyzing how we reflect on uncertainty, certainty and expectation during the present time. So in other words, a model of how we reflect on these perceptions concerning the past and concerning the future, but only very generally. These principles of consciousness can help in how our understanding of the world unravels to us, and may explain why a certain directionality to time is evident to us.

Any naïve model like mine will demonstrate that the past and the future can be represented as having (internal mathematical qualities) that must define the present time. Defining such a model is admittedly, almost impossible. The mind does not work as they would probably seem defining something with so little uncertainty in it. In fact, it turns out from my model, that concerning human perception, we have always got uncertainty about in the present: We have the uncertainty about our past, and also uncertainty about our future, where I would imagine most uncertainty exists. The reason why we have the uncertainty *now* in our lives about the past, (even if we may remember one), is because not all of our observations and experience will ever satisfy an absolute past. The Feynman sum of history’s says that we had many different histories, and may even exist elsewhere in parallel universes. Even momentary observations may leave parts of our history undefined, or not applied with much detail because we never collapsed the model with efficient accuracy.

The future is completely undetermined from our frame of reference

Concerning the expectancy inherent in our psyche, it exists very little for our frame of reference concerning the past, but has roles in the present and future. We expect very little to come out of history concerning our point of view in the world, but we do expect things to happen in the present and we also have expectation for our futures as well.
And finally, the certainty. How certain are we about our past? Since we experienced it, we can be quite certain of it in the present of course; only sometimes dazy if for lack of information of matter chemistry. Hence, if this is a relative referral from the experience in present time about the past, then the future does not yield much certainty for us… In fact it fluctuates from being uncertain to certain (if and only if we are observing along a linear path with a chain of events that are greately predictable). Even though this is part of the human experience, for now in the model I will treat it as uncertain, because of the distinction we have not experienced it yet, unlike the past.

[1]

Certain = 1
Expectant = 2
Uncertainty = 3

The expectant is important with the other two, because it refers to our ability also to intuit about the now*. So I create some new mathematical notation to help me describe this. (A) represents the Row Reference Number which they describe in numerical terms the experience of an observer with both past and future relative to the observer in the present . The (A) inside the square brackets is the constituents of A, so (A) acts over all the functions given in the brackets.

The variables given in [1] are given then in such a fashion:

$$A=[A(1,3)]$$
$$N=[N(1,2,3]$$
$$B=[C(2,3)]$$

As you may have noticed (3) which represents the uncertainty plays an unwashed effect. Using these thoughts, we can see that psyche plays a particular dance in knowledge, especially when concerning the past, present and future. This pattern emerged ever since the very low entropy in the beginning of spacetime. In fact, one can see the invaluable nature of entropy, when considering knowledge; because, as far as we know, our gaining of information would not occur, unless it was in this very formation.

This means that:

$$\frac{\partial N}{\partial t} \rightarrow \int_{t_1(N)}^{t_2(B)} N dt=\partial A$$

An integral between two points when concerning our positions in present time $$N$$ increases our experience not only of the present with information from our available future, but it also means that there is an increase of experience which is now psychologically past. This means an increase in present time means an increase in past time, and thus an increase in our knowledge and memory; the way it does it, satisfies it conserves linearity in the time it experiences these things.

Last edited:
By which you mean you made up a bunch of equations, which were meaningless or deliberately done badly in Latex so you could say "Oh, it's just because I'm not familiar with Latex, the equations themselves are good" and then made a series of wilder and wilder unsupported claims about areas of physics you've never worked in, don't understand and wish to fool a few suckers into thinking you do understand. Said 'theory' had no coherent, justified derivation because it's postulates were non-existent and due to lacking a decent quantitative framework was completely unable to predict anything, be developed by anyone or stand up to even the smallest of reviews.
No, i gave up being serious on the matter when you continuously spammed my thread without any general consequence.

Secondly, i am very very happy with this work, because it attempts to explain something which is very very difficult. The day you can do better, is the day i will care if you have anything to say about.

No, i gave up being serious on the matter when you continuously spammed my thread without any general consequence.
This is in Pseudo and it's clear to anyone who has even a decent qualitative grip on physics, never mind knowledge of calculus, quantum mechanics and relativity, that you're just making stuff up randomly.

You suckered Albert into believing you're a whiz at maths and physics, but that's because he's bordering on demented anyway. Those are the only people you fool.

Clearly I (and it seems the moderators) consider your threads in Pseudo fair game. You post BS, don't expect to be pandered to. You are deliberately out to fool people who don't know any better into thinking you do know better. If you don't want to be exposed as a liar, a fraid and a failure, I suggest you stop posting these threads.
Secondly, i am very very happy with this work, because it attempts to explain something which is very very difficult.
And you, with your complete lack of knowledge of vector calculus, quantum mechanics, relativity and all that's inbetween are capable of explaining this because...... ?
The day you can do better, is the day i will care if you have anything to say about.
I have and I will. I don't see you submitting your work for peer review in journals. You detest review by physicists.

Are you being ignorant of the work alphanumeric?

I sware to everyone today, the work i have shown has a math behind it that works with the physical theory i present. This stuff CANNOT be by pure reasoning (stuff made up).

It doesn't take a monkey to read and understand what i am suggesting in the written work, but that math certainly does attempt to explain what i am explaining, and there isn't anything random about it.

And i never suckered Albert into believing anything. I told him afterwards i am not a math wizard, but so far, i haven't seen you mathematically disprove anything either, so you should learn to shut up or show up.

Either way, i terminate this between me and you. I lost the need to keep many threads over you, this one will not end the same way.

And seriously, everyone, i am really needing your imput. The main worry i have is that the theory is not presented in a way you can understand. So if you do understand it, it would be nice to know.

Last edited:
Are you being ignorant of the work alphanumeric?

I sware to everyone today, the work i have shown has a math behind it that works with the physical theory i present. This stuff CANNOT be by pure reasoning (stuff made up).
Then let's see the maths. And if you don't want to type it up in Latex buy a scanner (they are sub £20) and scan in your handwritten stuff.

Until I actually see any attempt at a coherent mathematical framework I have nothing to disprove. On PhysOrg Wanchung or whatever it is tried to make some mathematical claims about fibre bundles (not that he realised that's what he was talking about) and their differential geometry. I proved him wrong with some maths. Even he, a biology student, managed to show more mathematical understanding than you!

Then let's see the maths. And if you don't want to type it up in Latex buy a scanner (they are sub £20) and scan in your handwritten stuff.

Until I actually see any attempt at a coherent mathematical framework I have nothing to disprove. On PhysOrg Wanchung or whatever it is tried to make some mathematical claims about fibre bundles (not that he realised that's what he was talking about) and their differential geometry. I proved him wrong with some maths. Even he, a biology student, managed to show more mathematical understanding than you!

Do you think you can throw in difficult mathematics like fibre bundles and hope for the best? The math i choose alphanumeric is the math i personally find fit to describe the theory. I also mention however, that no concise mathematical formulation of the theory would be achievable under any easy task since most theories including this one concerning the consciousness takes many abstract forms which cannot be mathematically represented.

So yeh, Alphanumeric, blame me for throwing in things without very little care (not that you even managed that comment correctly), but forget yourself you can't just throw things into a theory, especially mine with fibre bundles. However, if you read my theory carefully, go through what it says, notice when i do bring in mathematics (as light as it may be on your hard eyes), and you might grasp where i am going with this.

Is imagination a speciality of yours alphanumeric? For physics, a wise one once said it is more important than knowledge.

And moving on, from where i left off. This work is copied and pasted directly from the initial work.

So this remains my explanation of why we sense a past, and why the future determines the present in a statistical way, whilst we remain psychologically aware of some linear passing moments; in short, the future becomes the present, and gives us information about the here and now, whilst the more time passes, the more information we have processed into memory, and hence, the memory remains a ‘’shadow of some past event.’’ These past events are real and happen now in a relativistic picture, however, the mind cannot see past this veil, and so, we have our linear knowledge and linear passing of existence whenever we observe the world.
Again, externally speaking, there may be no such thing as a pure linear event in spacetime. In fact, cause and effect can break down very easily at the subatomic level, according to theory.

Physical Theory of the Arrow of Time

The direction of time, is simply referred to by the ‘’Arrow of Time’’. My theory attempts a non-physical explanation to the arrow of time, incorporating an explanation to the psychological arrow.

The classical principle of entropy can be described as being ice cubes in a glass of water. To imagine this picture, you must consider that there was total order present, with the ice cubes and the water separately. However, as time progresses, entropy is increased, as the water dissolves the ice cubes, rather than the ice cubes remaining in their normal states. This shows that an object will slow down if it slides on a corruptive surface; this is analogous to the perception of time, since we can remember the past, instead of the future.

This directionality is forward - and entropy is ever-increasing. In fact, this arrow has deep connections with the second law of thermodynamics (1): which states that heat cannot spontaneously flow from one body to another. This boundary allows us to create memory as we progress into the future, rather then the past.

In the beginning, entropy was very low - one perhaps could call this the ground state of order. It was because entropy was so low a distinction between the past and the future could arise. And when time continued, entropy would increase; for this reason, entropy can never decrease... and even though disorder is ever increasing, it will do so with as much a little of disorder as possible. This is stated clearly in 'the principle of least action.' This principle highlights that the universe will be as efficient with its energy as possible.

However, the only real time we experience is the present time. This must mean that both the past and the future are a collection of statistical probable outcomes: making both the past and the future totally virtual. The talk here of the past and future being undetermined for us, it actually brings me to the point of discussion concerning the uncertainty principle, and how to violate it.

Yup, that’s right. This is next coming part is how to violate the uncertainty principle. It can be violated if the mind collects information about the future and the past and is simultaneously aware of it.

It’s a Complimentary Space After All

The laws of physics are very specific and can never be broken, but some laws can be bent, if you are willing to give up some everyday stuff. It is possible to know for certainty the position eigenstate and the trajectory eigenstate of a particle! The way to do this, is by making a measurement of the path of the particle in the future, and make a measurement of the position of the particle in the past. Then with complete certainty you can know both the path and position of the particle whilst remaining in the present time! I first read this amazing possibility in Fred’s amazing book ‘Parallel Universes, the search for other worlds.’’

The work was originally presented by David Albert, Yakir Aharonov and Susan D’Amato who showed there analysis in a series of papers who at the time was working together in South Carolina. Because the position of the particle and the path was being determined at different times, it did not violate the uncertainty principle in the present! So one can say (with all the linear time talks we have had) that Violating Uncertainty Principle only works one direction of time; this means one can evaluate the eigenstates either from future to past, or past to future, but never both future and past together! So one needs to make a measurement in the past, and then a measurement in the future.

Doctor Wolf goes on to speculate that he believes the ability to remember the past is somehow based on our ability to remember the future. He speculates, that our past and future must have previously existed as far as our memories are concerned. This way, one can say that somehow everything is recorded in spacetime (a view I share). He also says that the past is complimentary to the future, which certainly makes sense from the three physicists work at Carolina.
It’s strange thinking of events and time (and our lack of memory of the future) like this; but I stress this must be the truth behind the works at large.

I hypothesize that everything is predetermined, and even though we have experienced the future, we don’t remember it because we are forgetful, but because somehow the future and the past shatter our ability to see the present time past the here and now: Thus the presence of the past and future, is either the by-product or the reason why we cannot see the larger picture of time. Indeed, if we could, I would imagine it would be unbearable with all the incoming information at once without anything to filter it out.

Last edited:

And i surely don't stop with that subtle math. I do go on to attempt to describe other absract notion and concepts.

p.s. And don't tell me what to do with my money. You worry about your own finances and what to do with it.

Do you think you can throw in difficult mathematics like fibre bundles and hope for the best?
Reread what I said. I was talking about some poster on PhysOrg who made claims about what are know as fibre bundles. Unlike your random nonsense, he'd actually managed to grasp tensor calculus enough that I could debunk his claims. Your 'work' is, mathematically, so random and made up that there's no logical line of thought or derivation to follow and retort.
The math i choose alphanumeric is the math i personally find fit to describe the theory. I also mention however, that no concise mathematical formulation of the theory would be achievable under any easy task since most theories including this one concerning the consciousness takes many abstract forms which cannot be mathematically represented.
So you plan to come up with a coherent mathematical framework by being completely ignorant of all the maths known to the people who you claim have so far failed to come up with a coherent mathematical framework for the artea of 'physics' you're trying to work on?

Yes, because having less understanding of mathematics means you're able to do better work in it. :rolleyes:
So yeh, Alphanumeric, blame me for throwing in things without very little care (not that you even managed that comment correctly), but forget yourself you can't just throw things into a theory, especially mine with fibre bundles.
It'd be a better retort from you if you actually bothered to read and understand what I said. The nonsense you're coming out with I never claimed was related to fibre bundles nor would I imply could be described by fibre bundles. Your work is too incoherent to be viably described by a coherent mathematical concept.
However, if you read my theory carefully, go through what it says, notice when i do bring in mathematics (as light as it may be on your hard eyes), and you might grasp where i am going with this..
I believe it's nowhere, fast.

Speaking of which, didn't you, when you were still Reiku, post a thread here in October or so saying you had a paper accepted for publication and it would be published sometime around New Year. Whatever happened to that? ;)

How's the HND going?
Is imagination a speciality of yours alphanumeric? For physics, a wise one once said it is more important than knowledge.
Typical crank comments. You ignore that Einstein had a PhD in physics, took a job in a patent office so he'd have plenty of time to read up on maths and physics and he also said things like "Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater". He worked closely with Hilbert, the greatest mathematician of the last 150 years or so.

Imagination not tempered by knowledge or wisdom is useless.

Reread what I said. I was talking about some poster on PhysOrg who made claims about what are know as fibre bundles. Unlike your random nonsense, he'd actually managed to grasp tensor calculus enough that I could debunk his claims. Your 'work' is, mathematically, so random and made up that there's no logical line of thought or derivation to follow and retort.
So you plan to come up with a coherent mathematical framework by being completely ignorant of all the maths known to the people who you claim have so far failed to come up with a coherent mathematical framework for the artea of 'physics' you're trying to work on?

Yes, because having less understanding of mathematics means you're able to do better work in it. :rolleyes:
It'd be a better retort from you if you actually bothered to read and understand what I said. The nonsense you're coming out with I never claimed was related to fibre bundles nor would I imply could be described by fibre bundles. Your work is too incoherent to be viably described by a coherent mathematical concept.
I believe it's nowhere, fast.

Speaking of which, didn't you, when you were still Reiku, post a thread here in October or so saying you had a paper accepted for publication and it would be published sometime around New Year. Whatever happened to that? ;)

How's the HND going?
Typical crank comments. You ignore that Einstein had a PhD in physics, took a job in a patent office so he'd have plenty of time to read up on maths and physics and he also said things like "Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater". He worked closely with Hilbert, the greatest mathematician of the last 150 years or so.

Imagination not tempered by knowledge or wisdom is useless.

Yes, i do plan to have a mathematical framework. It will not be vast, but it will attempt to explain the linear momotonic observational theory. But as for Wanchung, at first i thought he was a student of physics. I kinda went off him when i found out he was a biology student.

Nevertheless, no one in the history of physics has made a mathematical model of the mind, so i am not worrying to much. If all i can do is use some math here and there to help describe some of it, i guess i am happy with that. Though, i still refute the ''random'' nature of the math presented. It's not quite random at all, and there was a specific meaning beind it, and a reason.

Yes, thank you, the HND is going fine. It's quite easy at the moment, we are learning about Circuitry (something i've never really studied before) - its a bit boring. But its all part of the parcel i guess. As for the publication, it has been cancelled for a few months yet, my agency Trafford Publishing will take care of all the details of the book. But it will be done eventually. Quite honestly, its not the main thing on my mind right now.

How do we come to know something?

Quantum physics wasn’t shy to try and answer this. Physicists Leon N. Cooper and Deborah Van Vechten of Brown University in 1969 showed that there was the problem of knowledge when an observation is made and knowing its attributes. It seemed that whenever the object was measured, the object would quantum leap into one of its possible states, given by the state vector.

They made a simple theory saying that we know something, after the measurement is made and evaluated. This compliments the notion, that for anything to exist, not only must it have a beginning, it must also have an end. If this theory is indeed true, which many scientists do think it is, then it turns out that there is an end to the universe after all.

And even though (ADD’s) interpretation of this works well with me, there are so many premises yet to discover and possibly use.

The Flow of Information – An Act of Knowing?

We tend to say that we gain information, just by analyzing a particular event, and by thus processing it in our neural networks. However, where does this information come from? Does it come from the outside? In fact, the last question is taken seriously by physicists that the very information we gain flows into our beings from the outside. But what if it doesn't?

I've always had a problem accepting the idea that information comes into our beings. I'm not exactly sure why. I have always thought of the human being, as being a gigantic memory unit, storing all information in a potential mixed state. Indeed, such an idea shouldn't be difficult to understand, based on two premises:

1. That entropy, causing the distinction of past and future, makes our perception of the future as something we move towards, and when we do, it seems as though the future is already apart of our memories. For this reason, one must suspect that somehow thought and wishes exists beyond the observer.

2. That information or knowledge about a system instantly becomes known to the observer upon measurement.

Now, if we take premise one seriously, thought and memory exists beyond the observer. As much as this might just be a psychological illusory of the mind, we might even consider taking such an idea seriously. For instance, the human observer exists in the present, and we can have memory about the past. However, whenever we come to remember the past, we do no such thing as jumping backwards in time and recollecting the memory being asked for. Instead, we reevaluate an experience we had, and recreate the past in the present as memory. Thus, the real question is, when we do come to experience the future (in the present), how is it that the future already exists as memory? Does thought and wishes exist beyond the observer?

I think so - but perhaps not in the way I’ve been making out. You see, one might think that the mind jumps into the future, and this is how thoughts can exist beyond the observer... memories of the future. However, as we have seen, the mind is bound to the present time. The only other way to explain this, is if we have a complete record of future events in our beings, just as we have a record of the past; but the record of the future must be seen as a record we can potentially remember, but cannot, because experience must activate these memories (just as the experience of the past activates our memories of a past event).

Thus, the record of the past can be now put in terms of ''real'', and we can say that the future is a record that is ''virtual''; this is only an idiosyncratic method I am going to use, to distinguish the differences. I would like to note, that the past and future have no existence... the past makes up the present time as a record. The only difference with my interpretation is that the future also makes up a record in the present - but this record differs quite a bit from any other type of record we might suspect through subjective knowledge.

It turns out, I believe, that both the past and the future is made up of conscious experience (1), which in turn, exists in the present time as a record of memory - one real and the other potentially real. We must be the perfect machines capable of storing these records, as one exists as memory, and the other is unfolded to us as memory.

If we take the second premise seriously, then we might ask how we come to process information [almost] as instant as we come to measure something. One example, is how we come to analyze written language, and know it almost just as quickly? In fact, how can blind people touch brail, and equally know it just as fast? How do we bind optical and other sensory perceptions into the phenomena of knowing about it almost just as quick?

Let us put forth another mystery concerning consciousness. How can written text seen by the eyes, contain [almost] the same information as when heard by the ears? How does this information vary and fluctuate? Indeed, this 'binding problem' holds also many questions; the most prominent being, how do we crystallize existence in a continuous flow of perception, rather than discontinuous flashes?

An Insight from Wolf

As I have mentioned before, Wolf and I share the physical theory that everything we ever come to do and say must be written into spacetime itself. In fact, everything is already existing side-by-side all over events, and some even think that these things we come to know is an illusion – to explain this more clearly, Wolf brings us to the idea of determinism in his book, Parallel Universes 1985.

The Future and Past Existed Before Memory

I said earlier:

''The laws of physics are very specific and can never be broken, but some laws can be bent, if you are willing to give up some everyday stuff. It is possible to know for certainty the position eigenstate and the trajectory eigenstate of a particle! The way to do this, is by making a measurement of the path of the particle in the future, and make a measurement of the position of the particle in the past. Then with complete certainty you can know both the path and position of the particle whilst remaining in the present time! I first read this amazing possibility in Fred’s amazing book ‘Parallel Universes, the search for other worlds.’’

The work was originally presented by David Albert, Yakir Aharonov and Susan D’Amato who showed there analysis in a series of papers who at the time was working together in South Carolina. Because the position of the particle and the path was being determined at different times, it did not violate the uncertainty principle in the present! So one can say (with all the linear time talks we have had) that Violating Uncertainty Principle only works one direction of time; this means one can evaluate the eigenstates either from future to past, or past to future, but never both future and past together! So one needs to make a measurement in the past, and then a measurement in the future.

Doctor Wolf goes on to speculate that he believes the ability to remember the past is somehow based on our ability to remember the future. He speculates, that our past and future must have previously existed as far as our memories are concerned. This way, one can say that somehow everything is recorded in spacetime (a view I share). He also says that the past is complimentary to the future, which certainly makes sense from the three physicists work at Carolina.''

It’s strange thinking of events and time (and our lack of memory of the future) like this; but I stress this must be the truth behind the works at large. I hypothesize that everything is predetermined, and even though we have experienced the future, we don’t remember it because we are forgetful, but because somehow the future and the past shatter our ability to see the present time past the here and now: Thus the presence of the past and future, is either the by-product or the reason why we cannot see the larger picture of time. Indeed, if we could, I would imagine it would be unbearable with all the incoming information at once without anything to filter it out.

So our memories of events are not actively the truth of how events unfold. In fact, as doctor Wolf sees it, all events previously exist before we have any memory of them. If everything is indeed recorded into spacetime, how does this shed light on how our memories work, indeed, what are memories?

As I have come to interpret all of this leads me to realize a few points for discussion. For starters, experience is a pre-requisite of memory. If our future and past have existed before memory, then it means that memory (the unfolding information of events) is a part of being aware of some sensical unfolding of events. In many senses, one might even conclude that memory and experience is synonymous.

These unfolding of events which make sense to us, I speak of, is naturally events unfolding in an ordered linear time-line which agrees well with some observer. It may even arise that a model of the conscious observer concerning this matter is to come to realize that memory and experience when working hand-in-hand allows a single thinking-system to analyze events as though they are for the first time.

If you had lots of experiences and lots of memory all jumbled up, no observer could process that information all at the one go, which would be analogous to the world where everything (such as past and future) have pre-existed any confirmed memory of the events. The following attempts to look at this conceptual idea of consciousness and the physics of time, from a new theory that may help construct a theory of memory.

Memory is a Sea of Information

Going back to the axioms i suggested:

1. That entropy, causing the distinction of past and future, makes our perception of the future as something we move towards, and when we do, it seems as though the future is already apart of our memories. For this reason, one must suspect that somehow thought and wishes exists beyond the observer.

2. That information or knowledge about a system instantly becomes known to the observer upon measurement.

Now, if we take premise one seriously, thought and memory exists beyond the observer. As much as this might just be a psychological illusory of the mind, we might even consider taking such an idea seriously. For instance, the human observer exists in the present, and we can have memory about the past. However, whenever we come to remember the past, we do no such thing as jumping backwards in time and recollecting the memory being asked for. Instead, we reevaluate an experience we had, and recreate the past in the present as memory. Thus, the real question is, when we do come to experience the future (in the present), how is it that the future already exists as memory? Do thoughts and wishes exist beyond the observer?

For axiom 1), it certainly seems to me a perfect metaphysical approach to providing an evidence to the model I have shown. If thoughts and wishes truly do exist beyond the observer, then this would explain how we feel memory is already apart of our existences as we inexorably move into the future, but strangely always remaining in the present time; after all, everything always exists in present time, unless you are a photon, which experiences no time, or a tachyon which experiences an oscillating time.

Memory could then be interpreted as a Sea of Information; this sea has two flows, one from the future and another from the past, where they clash in the present understanding of perception. In fact as far as Doctor Wolf is concerned, this must happen.

Last edited:
Wolfs Enigmatic Description

Dr Wolf has a very good way of explaining the notion of linear time. Consider the following abstraction,

__.__..__0__.__..__0__.__..__0__.__..

The schematic here, is what he calls the temporal order of consciousness, which is linear by definition, even though time really isn’t linear. From time to time, the mind/consciousness has a focal point, which is marked by the ‘’o’’.

(Just to point out very quickly, that these focal points is very similar to the focal points I relate the internal and external dimensions together in the spacetime theory of consciousness.)

Any sequence of three focal points are called a ‘’triplet’’, and in any order like this, the normal order is a larger blur prior to the focal point, and a smaller blur following it. It always follows this order. Why? Wolf explains it is because consciousness is preceded by an unfocused point of greater uncertainty, and is inexorably followed by a focal point that is nevertheless more certain than the previous unfocused point.

His model, which is very smart I must admit, was intrinsic to my investigations. I interpreted observations moving through time. The time however according to the mathematical theory required that the time be taken in small steps, or there was a chance mathematically-speaking that the time could oscillate. But now and again, in very small steps (made in time), focal points would arise in the theory, and relationships between the mind and the observed could play their linear roles.

In fact, even though I had thought of my theory a while back, the reading of Doctor Wolfs work made me reformulate it in completely new ways, because of the understanding he has given me in his work. Though he does not believe the human mind is a dimension, something which he had told me in conversations I have had with him, I wanted to make my theory as compatible as possible with the general neurotic studies being made.
Going back to some of the possible methods of computating the events I describe,

$$\partial A^{n+1} – A^n=\partial A^n$$

I concluded that for some ‘’one-time observation’’ $$A$$ experiencing ‘’increased-time’’ $$A^{n+1}$$, then it was natural to assume:

$$\frac{\partial A^n}{\partial t}=k$$

Where $$k$$ is respectively a variable of observations made over some period of time.

Remember also, I had explained that the theory itself arose from my speculations concerning a model that described fully our experience of observing three dimensions and sensing a forth. Whilst these dimensions may not be of space itself, it may be linked through time. In fact, the only way to impose both identities of the internal experience of dimensions as a mathematical model with the external dimensions is to suppose some coupling I shall denote as $$J(t)$$. Therefore, for some increased-time observation, I state:

$$k=\frac{(t<t_0)-(t>t_1)}{\int_{t_0}^{t_1} dt J(t)$$

Recall also, that I had speculated the use of the vector algebra in such a fashion:

$$\sqrt{aa}=|a|$$

For the normal vectors of space, and then I speculated again from a mathematical assertion that the model we ascribe to the mind when multiplied with the vector of real space may yield some third value:
then the comprising of $$\sqrt{aa*}$$ will yield some absolute third value |b| or b²:

$$\sqrt{aa*}=|b|$$

Could we use this value to represent the coupling? The answer is I wouldn’t want to use it for the coupling. Problem is, is that it is generally my opinion that the coupling allows any interaction between $$a$$ and $$a*$$ at all. The coupling then must be taken as the true definition of Reference Theory.

The Reference Theory suggests that both the internal and external worlds refer to each others existences, as far as a collapse in the wave function is concerned. Therefore, the interleaver mathematics I was using to describe the two worlds certainly could refer to each others existences.

Remember, in the interleave theory of the model consciousness can suspend the probability evolution of a system because it carefully makes measurements made in an ascending linear time direction $$A^{n+1}$$. The two models can be made to ascend in sequences (this is the referring mentioned) upon some measurement, and then overlap and form a third value making the reference complete. The interaction of the transaction between both worlds is then the coupling referred to.

Last edited:
I'll obviously have more to post, but for now, here are some references;

Alexander, S. (1975), ‘Time and Space’, in The Human Experience of Time, ed. C.M. Shearer
(New York: New York University Press).

Linde, A. (1990), Particle Physics and Inflationary Cosmology (Chur, Switzerland: Harwood Academic
Publishers).

UNIVERSE, LIFE, CONSCIOUSNESS, Andrei Linde, Department of Physics, Stanford University, Stanford CA 94305-4060, USA, in which doctor Linde, a winner of the Dirac Medal says;

‘’ Is it not possible that consciousness, like space-time, has its own intrinsic degrees of freedom, and that neglecting these will lead to a description of the universe that is fundamentally incomplete? What if our perceptions are as real (or maybe, in a certain sense, are even more real) than material objects? What if my red, my blue, my pain, are really existing objects, not merely reflections of the really existing material world? Is it possible to introduce a “space of elements of consciousness,” and investigate a possibility that consciousness may exist by itself, even in the absence of matter, just like gravitational waves, excitations of space, may exist in the absence of protons and electrons? Will it not turn out, with the further development of science, that the study of the universe and the study of consciousness will be inseparably linked, and that ultimate progress in the one will be impossible without progress in the other? After the development of a unified geometrical description of the weak, strong, electromagnetic, and gravitational interactions, will the next important step not be the development of a unified approach to our entire world, including the world of consciousness?’’
Lloyd, G. (1978), ‘Time and existence’, Philosophy, 53, pp. 215–28.

Public Lecture: "The Conscious Universe: Where Buddhism and Physics Converge"
B. Alan Wallace, January 16, 2008,

‘’ Physicists have long assumed that the universe is fundamentally composed of matter and energy and that life and consciousness are accidental byproducts of configurations of matter. But a growing number of distinguished physicists are now suggesting that consciousness may play a much more fundamental role in nature than scientists previously believed. In this lecture Alan Wallace will review some of the most provocative theories presented by such leading physicists as John Wheeler, Stephen Hawking, and Andre Linde that challenge many of the materialist assumptions based on outdated19th-century physics. And he will discuss how these theories may relate to Buddhist theories and practices, including those of the Theravada, Mahayana, and Dzogchen traditions.’’
John Smythies, ‘’Space, Time and Consciousness’’ Journal of Consciousness Studies, 10, No. 3, 2003, pp. 47–56
Smythies, J.R. (1953), ‘The experience and description of the human body’, Brain, 76, pp. 132–45.

Smythies, J. (1994a), The Walls of Plato’s Cave (Aldershot: Avebury).

Weyl, H. (1922), Space-Time-Matter (London: Constable).

Yarrow, K., Haggard, P., Heal, R., Brown, P. and Rothwell, J.C. (2001), ‘Illusory perceptions of

space and time preserve cross-saccadic perceptual continuity’, Nature, 414, pp. 302–5.

Back