A Quantum Hologram of Christ's Resurrection?

so the the question of proof for you is irrelevant.(?)

I don't understand?

Do you mean that the crucial factor in having belief in God is the quest, the inquiry (which involves many decisions and faith) - and not certainty?

That the important part about belief in God is how people will behave when they are not certain?

Do you mean that the crucial factor in having belief in God is the quest, the inquiry (which involves many decisions and faith) - and not certainty?

That the important part about belief in God is how people will behave when they are not certain?

yes.

< I wrote a response,then deleted it..did this three times before anything i wrote just didn't sound quite right..>

@MOM --

Well if they want me to accept their assertions, yes. That's kind of the way the world works.

For me, life isn't a game of "let's see what I and others will do."

that is too short a statement for me to reply properly to..i wanna argue that is what exists..but i think there is more to that statement than it reads..

the majority will not step forward and take the risk, they would rather let someone else lead and let them be under fire, rather than risk being under fire themselves..in this context the world is "let's see what I and others will do.", you seem to not buy into this concept, which is a good thing..means you are open to hearing God and not man..(God tells you to do one thing and your pastor(Man) tells you to do another..who are you going to listen to?)
you are more discretionary that most are, you will find God, because you are looking for God and not what man thinks of as God..(sorry..just got out of church..:eek:)

same thing with the struggle with God/No God..most ppl do not want to risk being under fire, they would rather 'do as they are told' that way they do not have to accept responsibility for their own beliefs.(because he said so)
(i seriously doubt 'because he said so' is a valid reason for admission into heaven)

that is too short a statement for me to reply properly to..i wanna argue that is what exists..but i think there is more to that statement than it reads..

the majority will not step forward and take the risk, they would rather let someone else lead and let them be under fire, rather than risk being under fire themselves..in this context the world is "let's see what I and others will do.", you seem to not buy into this concept, which is a good thing..means you are open to hearing God and not man..(God tells you to do one thing and your pastor(Man) tells you to do another..who are you going to listen to?)
you are more discretionary that most are, you will find God, because you are looking for God and not what man thinks of as God..(sorry..just got out of church..:eek:)

same thing with the struggle with God/No God..most ppl do not want to risk being under fire, they would rather 'do as they are told' that way they do not have to accept responsibility for their own beliefs.(because he said so)
(i seriously doubt 'because he said so' is a valid reason for admission into heaven)

I think you are projecting your own sheeple tendencies and concerns onto others.
I think you have taken individualism to extremes, where it turns practically into solipsism.

That one gets one's language and much of one's knowledge from other people, is simply a given, it's not proof that one is being a sheeple.

That one doesn't want to risk "being under fire" is normal, only an idiot would go and try things just for the sake of "not being like others."

I think you are projecting your own sheeple tendencies and concerns onto others.
I think you have taken individualism to extremes, where it turns practically into solipsism.
solipsism according to wiki..
" it is not uncommon for one philosopher to accuse another's arguments of entailing solipsism as an unwanted consequence, in a kind of reductio ad absurdum."

IOW be careful how you use that word..
i do not consider myself a sheeple..i have ideas that even my own pastor would not agree with. i have always questioned authority (most times,this is not a good thing..)

That one doesn't want to risk "being under fire" is normal, only an idiot would go and try things just for the sake of "not being like others."

um..idiot is not the proper term..history is filled with 'idiots' who would try things just because the majority would not..some even are justified for it.
the majority would not have explored the idea of the world being round..
hell science in general was started by ppl testing the ideas of others..

IOW be careful how you use that word..
i do not consider myself a sheeple..i have ideas that even my own pastor would not agree with. i have always questioned authority (most times,this is not a good thing..)

Oh, I think you are compensating: perhaps you have the fear that you are or could become a sheeple, so you compensate with extreme individualism.

Oh, I think you are compensating: perhaps you have the fear that you are or could become a sheeple, so you compensate with extreme individualism.

if you mean the struggle between the safety of 'doing as your told' and the responsibility of 'think for yourself'..
doesn't everyone?

my EGO is my compensating mechanism..to keep me from feeling worthless.

if becoming a sheeple would make me feel the opposite of worthless, i would be the head sheeple..but i understand too well the selfish nature of humanity, and can find no man to trust implicitly, not even myself.

if you mean the struggle between the safety of 'doing as your told' and the responsibility of 'think for yourself'..

I'm not so sure this is a valid dichotomy to begin with, and I am even less sure that it is a useful dichotomy.

I do not think there is safety in "doing as you're told."
Nor is "think for yourself" a guarantee for meaningful existence.

It is a dichotomy that is bound to bind a person into a constant struggle, and sooner or later lead them to endless questioning whether this or that intention is their own, or from other people.
Keeping with this dichotomy eventually undoes it.

I'm not so sure this is a valid dichotomy to begin with, and I am even less sure that it is a useful dichotomy.

I do not think there is safety in "doing as you're told."
Nor is "think for yourself" a guarantee for meaningful existence.

this lines up with what i believe is one of Gods basic lessons for my life;
"Moderation in all things."
IOW its not about either/or, but somewhere in the middle..

It is a dichotomy that is bound to bind a person into a constant struggle, and sooner or later lead them to endless questioning whether this or that intention is their own, or from other people.
this is not a bad thing..it prevents blind following.

Keeping with this dichotomy eventually undoes it.
how so?

Testimonies IS evidence when it comes to God.
Sample testimony.

Muslim sees Jesus in Toronto, Canada
by Geoff Waugh on Monday, September 5, 2011 at 11:34am
Left to Die

By age 34, Nasir Siddiki, a successful businessman, had made his first million, but money meant nothing to him on his deathbed. Diagnosed with the worst case of shingles ever admitted to Toronto General Hospital , his immune system shut down and doctors left him to die.

The next morning I woke in a sterile room on the eighth floor of the hospital, my skin burning as though someone had doused me in gasoline and lit a match. I felt on fire from the inside out.

My doctor arrived and looked at me in wonder. “The blisters are multiplying so fast I can literally watch them grow,” he said. ‘”Your body isn’t fighting back.”

The next morning, in addition to shingles, I had chicken pox from head to toe. I was put in strict isolation. That evening my temperature soared to 107.6 degrees — hot enough to leave my brain permanently scrambled.

For days I continued to deteriorate. My nerve endings became so inflamed that a hair drifting across my skin sent shock waves of fire rippling through my body. By week’s end, I was listed in critical condition.

My Last Hope

In life, I’d been bold, self confident, a risk taker. But facing death, I was terrified. I had no idea what might await me on the other side. I’d been raised as a Moslem in London , England , and I understood Allah was not a god who heals.

My only hope was in medicine.

Read More

Back