A physicist explains ghosts in our digital reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with you and anal probing?

Because this seems to be a running theme with you and you keep introducing it into these discussions.

For example, from previous UFO threads:

MR responds to that comment and ignores your anal probe comments:

What do you do?

Keep at it:

Again..

And again, despite others trying to discuss the subject while ignoring your continued reference to anal probing, you just kept right at it..

And it wasn't just one thread. Here too:

I click on a random page and there you are:

Not to mention in this thread, when you decided to make an offensive and very homophobic remark.

He isn't making any such about anal probing claims. You are. Repeatedly.

And not just in the Fringe sub-sections. You also tried to pull this offensive stunt in the science forums as well:

There are plenty more. Around 60 returns on google alone, for just this site and in each instance, you are the one that introduces it. So what's the deal?

Why do you think this is appropriate? What part of you believes this is appropriate?

Why does he keep at it?

Simple - because Anal Probing is the longest running gag joke in Alien mythos...

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/aliens-and-anal-probes.html
The alien anal probe has become such a cliché that it now stands as synecdoche for the entirety of the alien abduction experience. From the pilot episode of South Park to a second season episode of Supernatural, anal probing as also been the—ahem—butt of many jokes. Even the musical parodist Weird Al Yankovic sang in his 2014 song “Foil” about the need for tinfoil hats “in case an alien’s inclined / to probe your butt or read your mind.”

Why it is that aliens want to probe our butts; or, more specifically, when exactly did people start claiming that aliens gave them anal probes? This may seem to be a silly question, but silly questions often end up revealing hidden layers and secrets. In this case, asking the uncomfortable question of why aliens are so interested in anal orifices reveals a fascinating story about the dark side of the alien abduction media industry and its effects on those who participate in it.

Anal probes are now such an established part of the UFO phenomenon that you’d think there would be a clear answer to when the aliens started probing unwary humans. Many UFO books written after 1992 refer to it, and many of the most recent simply assume that it’s a standard extraterrestrial medical procedure during an abduction, but surprisingly no one has yet created a definitive catalog of anal probing events or a timeline of when they supposedly started. Even the otherwise exhaustive Wikipedia lacks an entry for alien anal probes. In a world where there are two competing online databases of movie defecation scenes, this seems like an unusual omission for so famous an abduction trope. There must be something more to the story.

http://wickedscholar.0catch.com/analprobe.html
A common thread runs through almost all accounts of abduction by aliens – the infamous anal probe. Abductees are often seen in tear filled interviews, recounting in halting speech how their bottoms were violated by that most diabolical of alien scientific instruments. The Wicked Scholars decided to do some probing of their own, to find out why the anal probe has become such a high profile fixture of abduction research. Our search took us first to Dr. Arne Hansen, renowned Mammalian Physiologist from Case Western Reserve University. We asked Dr. Hansen about the sort of information aliens would be able to get by sticking a scientific instrument up someone’s ass.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071117202502AAjq4AQ
http://www.kenrockwell.com/analprobe/dissent.htm
http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120698

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectal_examination#Popular_culture
Popular culture[edit]
Due to the taboos surrounding the anus, and the potential for discomfort and embarrassment, the rectal exam is a common comedic device, including in episodes of Saturday Night Live,[4] Futurama, Family Guy and South Park.

Similar activities are attributed to extraterrestrials in video games such as Saints Row IV, Gaia Online and Destroy All Humans!.[5]

Aliens are synonymous with Anal Probing... to the point that even Neil deGrasse Tyson weighed in on it!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...rasse-tyson-debunks-alien-rectal-probing.html
The beloved astrophysicist takes on common conspiracy theories.
Neil deGrasse Tyson gets a lot of love these days. It’s amazing where some charm and charisma will take you as an astrophysicist (namely, to frequent TV appearances and a couple of hosting gigs).

He popped up on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore last night to talk conspiracy theories, offering up his brand of calm rationalism as a counterweight to the conspiracy buffs on the other side.

He debunks the notions of a fake moon landing and abductions by aliens with probing fetishes, but not the idea that there are aliens somewhere.

“It would be inexcusably egocentric to suggest that we are alone in the cosmos,” he says, “But that is a separate statement from saying that we have been visited by aliens giving rectal exams.”

and yet, people insist it not only happens, but for good reason!

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1064275/pg1
The beloved astrophysicist takes on common conspiracy theories. Neil deGrasse Tyson gets a lot of love these days. It’s amazing where some charm and charisma will take you as an astrophysicist (namely, to frequent TV appearances and a couple of hosting gigs). He popped up on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore last night to talk conspiracy theories, offering up his brand of calm rationalism as a counterweight to the conspiracy buffs on the other side. He debunks the notions of a fake moon landing and abductions by aliens with probing fetishes, but not the idea that there are aliens somewhere.

Listen to Mr. Mainstream know it all.
Smug and so certain of his “science”
I hope when the aliens finally show up one of the first things they do is grab this guy and give him a good anal probe
“It would be inexcusably egocentric to suggest that we are alone in the cosmos,” he says, “But that is a separate statement from saying that we have been visited by aliens giving rectal exams.”
Isn't that great of him to confess the hypothetical alien reality being that there are more galaxies in the universe than all these smart boys from science can count.
He just doesn’t like the rectal part of the story
I wonder why that bothers him so much?
As for this "rectal probing fetish" as he puts it... I say it may be that the aliens are probing the root Chakra possibly to determine
Why so much fear
The root chakra is the seat of fear and it certainly is activated with some bug eyed grey alien is going in your anus with an iron rod on a space ship in the middle of God know where!
So my theory is the aliens are studying fear when they do this

So, to answer your question - why is this appropriate? Simple - because it has been the "butt" of alien abduction jokes and a mainstay of alien abduction stories for-fucking-ever.

But, do go on... continue to paint MR as the "innocent victim". I wash my hands of this farce - the Alternative Theories forum is officially yours, Bells.

Isn't that what aliens are most famous for, kidnapping rednecks and giving them anal probes? It's even in South Park.

I don't see how it's homophobic.

It's like telling bear trackers in Yellowstone to guard their picnic baskets.

LOL at Kittamaru enthusiastically supporting the anal probing references. So MUCH at stake here folks!
Here in fact is the real scoop on the alien abduction phenomena. Amazing what happens when you actually research something:

"The examination phase of the so-called "abduction narrative" is characterized by the performance of medical procedures and examinations by apparently alien beings against or irrespective of the will of the experiencer. Such procedures often focus on sex and reproductive biology. However, the literature holds reports of a wide variety of procedures allegedly performed by the beings. The entity that appears to be in charge of the operation is often taller than the others involved, and is sometimes described as appearing to be of a different species.[5][31]

Miller notes different areas of emphasis between human medicine and what is reported as being practiced by the abductors.[5] This could result from a difference in the purpose of the examination—routine diagnosis and/or treatment versus scientific examination of an unfamiliar species, or it could be due to a different level of technology that renders certain kinds of manual procedures unnecessary. The abductors' areas of interest appear to be the cranium (see below), nervous system, skin, reproductive system, and to a lesser degree, the joints.[5]Systems given less attention than a human doctor would, or omitted entirely include cardiovascular system, the respiratory system below the pharynx and the lymphatic system.[5] The abductors also appear to ignore the upper region of the abdomen in favor of the lower one.[5] The abductors do not appear to wear gloves during the "examination."[5] Other constants of terrestrial medicine like pills and tablets are missing from abduction narratives although sometimes abductees are asked to drink liquids.[5] Injections also seem to be rare and IVs are almost completely absent.[5] Dr. Miller says he's never heard an abductee claim to have a tongue depressor used on them.[5]"====https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_abduction

Last edited:
LOL at Kittamaru enthusiastically supporting the anal probing references. So MUCH at stake here folks!
Here in fact is the real scoop on the alien abduction phenomena. Amazing what happens when you actually research something:

"The examination phase of the so-called "abduction narrative" is characterized by the performance of medical procedures and examinations by apparently alien beings against or irrespective of the will of the experiencer. Such procedures often focus on sex and reproductive biology. However, the literature holds reports of a wide variety of procedures allegedly performed by the beings. The entity that appears to be in charge of the operation is often taller than the others involved, and is sometimes described as appearing to be of a different species.[5][31]

Miller notes different areas of emphasis between human medicine and what is reported as being practiced by the abductors.[5] This could result from a difference in the purpose of the examination—routine diagnosis and/or treatment versus scientific examination of an unfamiliar species, or it could be due to a different level of technology that renders certain kinds of manual procedures unnecessary. The abductors' areas of interest appear to be the cranium (see below), nervous system, skin, reproductive system, and to a lesser degree, the joints.[5]Systems given less attention than a human doctor would, or omitted entirely include cardiovascular system, the respiratory system below the pharynx and the lymphatic system.[5] The abductors also appear to ignore the upper region of the abdomen in favor of the lower one.[5] The abductors do not appear to wear gloves during the "examination."[5] Other constants of terrestrial medicine like pills and tablets are missing from abduction narratives although sometimes abductees are asked to drink liquids.[5] Injections also seem to be rare and IVs are almost completely absent.[5] Dr. Miller says he's never heard an abductee claim to have a tongue depressor used on them.[5]"====https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_abduction

Oooh, poor baby. I'm so sorry you don't like that your pet subject is permanently associated with anal probing due to crackpots claiming that's what the little grey men have done to them!

Entertaining though that your own post solidifies the point that anal-probing is a part of alien abduction culture.

There are plenty more. Around 60 returns on google alone, for just this site and in each instance, you are the one that introduces it. So what's the deal?

Why do you think this is appropriate? What part of you believes this is appropriate?

:shrug:
Just a well know fact that has arisen with many stories of UFO sightings and encounters of the first, second, and third kind.
I find it quite humouress, simple as that.
I find it as appropriate as any other aspect of Alien visitations and encounters, and just as inanely stupid to expect anyone to believe.
Now I must ask, what is it that offends you with this well known aspect that has developed from these mythical Alien encounters.

Bells...did you run across the sickening one where Kittamaru says an alien was playing hockey with my liver? I'm sure you did. Totally disgusting and vulgar. That's the level of people we are dealing with here.

Bells...did you run across the sickening one where Kittamaru says an alien was playing hockey with my liver? I'm sure you did. Totally disgusting and vulgar. That's the level of people we are dealing with here.

I would like... no, I would PAY to see where this quote came from :D

Mod Hat ― Enough

sel-alien-detail-bw.png

I think part of the problem is that if we start out with a useless topic post with no real intention of fostering a useful discussion, and then add in a bunch of pedantic egotism that has no real reason to give a damn except, hey, here's a guy in the fringe section saying really stupid things so let's go down and show how awesome our sciency egotism really is, yeah, we're eventually going to end up with anal rape jokes.

If I said, "Sit and spin; the ride stops at the elbow", just how many would believe I was referring to the carnival ride operator who uses his elbow to punch the start and stop buttons on the Teacups?

Sexual harassment is sexual harassment.

Dumb threads are dumb threads.

When we mix these two components, the results are generally predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back