A Mathematical Model for The Mind

''OK, I'm certainly in the camp that says the mind is mathematical. Assuming the brain, and neural activity are where the mind, or consciousness "is".''

One see's light in this.

You'r quite smart too.

''As to an equation, or matrix, or even metric (math), side of it, we got the thermodynamics down, but how does it result in memory, what is memory?
Plasticity has something to do with lowering the energy requirements to store some kinds of memory, and it's more stable (entropically) as well. I can see a direct connection right there with information theory, or "something".

p.s. from the informational perspective, there are no forces, only connections, and messages (made up from the {1,0} alphabet, which is a duple, you may notice), and mass and energy are information. My pick for understanding, and eventually connecting, prosthetically, will be something like modified neurons in assemblies connected together with some more efficient biopolymer-nanocircuit arrangement, maybe photonics, some kind of implant that can run on glucose in the bloodstream, or something (or blood pressure, or Brownian motion).
I don't think any of this is all that far away, cause they're finding room-temp quantum entanglement and making new kinds of semiconductors all the time, something has to come out of it all, and like the transistor, we have no idea what it will end up like, but assuming civilisation survives, things are going to change a lot, in the nanotech age, I think.
Look how much media and image delivery to the masses, has changed in just a century.''

Back