A Baby Only a Mother Could Love

There's not much you can do about what others do. That growing up part of your life will make a life long negative impression on you and more often than not you will have a chip on your shoulder and hate yourself whenever you look in a mirror.

I saying it is fairly normal stuff that goes on. Sure it all depends on how you handle it most of the time.

As a matter of fact, it sounds like you already have some issues with the way others act. Think how much worse that could be?

No issues at all afa that. Can be worse or maybe not much worse because usually it is more than appearance. Being shy comes into it, being from a different place etc. really things you have no control of.

Note: You can't satisfy a sociopath, it's much better to not try and to keep as much distance as possible, no matter how good they may look.:D

It can be related to some sociopathic tendencies.

It was an hour documentary. He said quite a bit in that time.
I don't know him, but who are you to say his life wasn't and isn't worth living?

Besides, what do mean 'shouldn't have let him live'? You think a parent would have their kid killed just after birth when they find something wrong with them?

"this ones blind, he can live. This ones got 6 fingers, she can live. oh this ones got no cheekbones, he should die now."
:bugeye::rolleyes:

That would be the optimal model. If we were robotlike non empathic emotionless creatures.

It was an hour documentary. He said quite a bit in that time.
I don't know him, but who are you to say his life wasn't and isn't worth living?

Besides, what do mean 'shouldn't have let him live'? You think a parent would have their kid killed just after birth when they find something wrong with them?

"this ones blind, he can live. This ones got 6 fingers, she can live. oh this ones got no cheekbones, he should die now."
:bugeye::rolleyes:

I just can't imagine what parents must go through when they have a deformed child. The best I can do is make an educated guess about how I would feel if I was the deformed one. If it's not to bad or doesn't show to much, I might not hate my life enough to kill myself.

Here's a situation, someone I knew found themselves in. I owned rental property in Redondo Beach CA, and I rented to a couple, he worked for the phone Co. and she was pregnant. A few weeks after their little girl was born they went to the beach and he was out body surfing and a big wave dumped him head first into the sand and his neck broke. She noticed him floating face down in the water, and ran out and dragged him onto the beach before he drowned.

In the emergency room they determined he was going to be a paraplegic for the rest of his life. While there his heart stopped and the doctors gave her the choice of bringing him back or not. She told them to do their best to save him and they did. About 6 months later I had an opportunity to spend some time talking to him in his power chair. I asked him how he felt about his wife not letting him die and he said he was glad. The reason he gave was that he wanted to watch his child grow up. He did say if it wasn't for that, he would rather have died.

Fair enough.
But like I said, facial disfigurement isn't the same as being paraplegic. And look at Steven Hawking. He can only move one cheek.

Fair enough.
But like I said, facial disfigurement isn't the same as being paraplegic. And look at Steven Hawking. He can only move one cheek.

That is true, but it was another reason I wouldn't want to continue living with. I think if he didn't just have a baby girl, he wouldn't have wanted to continue living either.

Also who knows what Hawking really feels on the subject? I'm sure those closest to him wouldn't let the public know if he wanted to die. Also as smart as he is those around him have really milked his condition to make him the public figure he is now. I wonder if he would consider giving up his popularity if he could have a normal life instead?

Last edited:
Hmm...I've decided that if my sinusitis-induced chronic fatigue is really going to take over my life hardcore and permanently that it's not a life worth living...so I guess everyone has their thresholds.
(That's actually unlikely).

If I had a deformed child I'd love the kid immensely, I'm sure, hormones are like that.
Although...the main reason I'm not having a kid is because all my lovely conditions, save the sinus disease, are highly heritable...and I often feel like my life isn't worth it.

Even the best, most gold-plated sperm from the bank can't pump up the genes sufficiently.

But that has to do with functionality, not looks...to have dangerous and painful medical conditions from infancy is a hard way to grow up...if someone said to me: "If you take this pill, you will have a child who is healthy as a horse-and butt ugly," I'd take that pill.

Hmm...I've decided that if my sinusitis-induced chronic fatigue is really going to take over my life hardcore and permanently that it's not a life worth living...so I guess everyone has their thresholds.
(That's actually unlikely).

If I had a deformed child I'd love the kid immensely, I'm sure, hormones are like that.
Although...the main reason I'm not having a kid is because all my lovely conditions, save the sinus disease, are highly heritable...and I often feel like my life isn't worth it.

Even the best, most gold-plated sperm from the bank can't pump up the genes sufficiently.

But that has to do with functionality, not looks...to have dangerous and painful medical conditions from infancy is a hard way to grow up...if someone said to me: "If you take this pill, you will have a child who is healthy as a horse-and butt ugly," I'd take that pill.

Bad genes, I think that's an idea for a new topic and I think you have a very good attitude about passing them on.

Back