9/11 "WHY" from Who, How and Why's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headspin said:
"Al Qaeda" doesn't exist as an organization.

What existed before 911 was unorganised group of mujahadeen created by the CIA and trained by the US to fight the Afghan/Russia war, they were used by the CIA to fight in the balkans and other ex soviet spheres of influence.

terrorism existed way before the CIA came along.
you also neglect the fact that the soviets used terrorism on the very same people in the very same region BEFORE the US came along.

So what are you trying to say? Someone else did it first, therefore it's ok?

you also neglect the fact that the soviets used terrorism on the very same people in the very same region BEFORE the US came along.
oh? ...but you said terrorism was an ideology, they used an ideology?
...well, you have me confused.

either terrorism is a way of living, a set of political ideas,
...or it is a tactic to influence populations.

leopold99 said:

Personally, I like wikipedia's introduction to the term:
Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.[1] At present, there is no internationally agreed definition of terrorism.[2][3] Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants.

Under that definition, I definitely think that militaristic U.S. elements can apply, even without their covert operations, with their 'collateral damage'.

don't feel alone.
the UN has 12, count 'em, different definitions for terrorism .

it seems to be all three doesn't it?

one thing is certain, history has shown that military might is useless in the face of terrorism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back