And that date itself is nothing special at all. Only very ignorant, superstitious (as opposed to scientific and logical thinkers) people would pay ANY attention at all to such foolishness.

That I can agree on. I meant things can go south by 2012, but the exact date can not be predicted unless we know for sure an asteroid is coming to hit us that day.

The way our economy is going and unemployment going in an exponential rate (so is the trade deficit - do a chart)....things are not looking good.

That I can agree on. I meant things can go south by 2012, but the exact date can not be predicted unless we know for sure an asteroid is coming to hit us that day.

The way our economy is going and unemployment going in an exponential rate (so is the trade deficit - do a chart)....things are not looking good.

Things can go south at any time. But the current situation is about to bottom out in the next 18 months or so and recovery will be underway. And far as unemployment running at an exponential rate, that's an absolutely absurd statement! You couldn't back that claim if you had to.

We would have known the mystery behind the Myans calendar if religious nutjobs like these didn't exist:

"Diego de Landa was a Spanish priest who visited Mexico on a charitable mission, became the Franciscan provincial of Yucatán in 1561 and is infamous for his destruction of priceless Maya documents and artefacts.

Although Landa was very interested in the Mayan culture, he abhorred certain aspects of their practices, particularly human sacrifice. In July 1562, when evidence of human sacrifice was found in a cave containing sacred Maya statues, a bout of religious self-righteousness saw Landa order the destruction of five thousand idols. He decided that their books were also the devil's work and saw to it that they were burned, with only three books surviving. Consequently the majority of Mayan knowledge and history was lost."

Google a sentence for the URL.

We would have known the mystery behind the Myans calendar if religious nutjobs like these didn't exist:

"Diego de Landa was a Spanish priest who visited Mexico on a charitable mission, became the Franciscan provincial of Yucatán in 1561 and is infamous for his destruction of priceless Maya documents and artefacts.

Although Landa was very interested in the Mayan culture, he abhorred certain aspects of their practices, particularly human sacrifice. In July 1562, when evidence of human sacrifice was found in a cave containing sacred Maya statues, a bout of religious self-righteousness saw Landa order the destruction of five thousand idols. He decided that their books were also the devil's work and saw to it that they were burned, with only three books surviving. Consequently the majority of Mayan knowledge and history was lost."

Google a sentence for the URL.

As if anyone really cared.:shrug:

The only thing bad about that event is that a lot of history and information abouth the Mayans was lost forever.

As far as having lost anything valuable technology-wise or about the the end of the world is just plain untrue and not worth even thinking about.

As if anyone really cared.:shrug:

The only thing bad about that event is that a lot of history and information abouth the Mayans was lost forever.

you are contradicting yourself. isn't the reason behind the calendar part of the history and information about the Mayans?

beside, just because you don't care it doesn't mean others don't. that sounds kinda arrogance to me.

As far as having lost anything valuable technology-wise or about the the end of the world is just plain untrue and not worth even thinking about.

i never said they were true. sometimes people want to know because they are curious. that's all.

way to state the obvious.

Damn! I thought this was a thread about Rush!
images

Back