Your emotional age

smoking revolver
Valued Senior Member
we have had talks about getting old and I and Xev are quite terrified about it.

here's a test of how old you really are

http://www.emode.com/emode/tests/emotional_age3.jsp

Overall, your emotional age is quite adult. You are a clear thinker who recognizes your emotions and knows how to express them. You follow your instincts, without ever letting yourself get carried away.

Behavior:
There are countless reasons why people may act or feel a certain age at any given point in their lives. Feeling a certain age is not a static thing, nor is it something that always follows a pre-determined pattern. Some people act older when they are children then have a second childhood in their retirement years. Others act like children until they become parents and then seem to click into a different mode. It can be helpful and insightful to learn which stage you're at right now, and why.

Nobody fits neatly into a given category. There are several components in your emotional age: behavior, feelings, and responsibility. In the area of behavior, you seem to fall into the "adult" category. Adults tend to be efficient and responsible. You are probably a "doer" whom others consider reliable, stable, and consistent. People feel they can depend on you. Of course, if others rely too much on you, it can be a burden. You seem, however, to be someone who strikes a healthy balance between fulfilling others' needs and taking care of your own. Just be aware that if you feel overwhelmed by the pressures put on you, you should take some time out for yourself.

Emotions:
In the realm of emotions, you seem to fall into the "adult" category. This means that you are probably in control of your emotions. You can recognize your feelings and express them clearly. You are probably rational and composed, but you make sure that you do not neglect your own emotions. This healthy balance allows you to interact well with others, while staying true to yourself.

Responsibility: (WHAT ELSE?!:D I'm a student;))
When it comes to the level of responsibility you assume, you fall into the "adolescent" category. This means that you might not be someone who is considered dependable, except perhaps in a crisis. Adolescents typically have little concern for the consequences of their own actions and avoid most commitments. This tendency is not conducive to developing trusting and enduring relationships.

<b>(+1)Overall:</b>
In the area of behavior, you seem to fall into the "adult" category. Adults tend to be efficient and responsible. You are probably a "doer" whom others consider reliable, stable, and consistent. People feel they can depend on you. Of course, if others rely too much on you, it can be a burden. You seem, however, to be someone who strikes a healthy balance between fulfilling others' needs and taking care of your own. Just be aware that if you feel overwhelmed by the pressures put on you, you should take some time out for yourself.

<b>(-1) Emotions:</B>
In the realm of emotions, you seem to fall into the "adolescent" category. This means that you sometimes express your emotions without thinking about the effect they have on other people. It can also mean that you are extremely self-conscious and worried about what other people think of you. Adolescents are notorious for being influenced by peer pressure and societal standards. Adolescents may also often be moody and withdrawn and have a hard time making emotional commitments, but they can also display great creativity. They feel strongly about many different things in their lives. Your passion for life probably comes through in your emotional reactions.
<i>This result is an obvious no-brainer. :rolleyes:</i>

<b>(+3)Responsibility:</b>
When it comes to the level of responsibility you assume, for yourself or others, you fall into the "adult" category. This means that you are probably someone who can be relied on to come through in any situation. People around you likely consider you dependable and strong. Don't let your dominant care-taking side force you to neglect your own needs. Keep a healthy balance and continue to take care of yourself too.
<i>Yeah...I'm so responsible I didn't even realize I had joined eMode 3 months ago, until the sign-in came up with my email address in it. :D</i>
------- ------- -------
I thought this test would tell us exactly how old we are, not give us a general overview... :bugeye: :D
Hey, cool, we're like opposites, Avatar! :D

some of the questions are loaded.
2. When it comes to your friends, your gift-giving philosophy is:
i dont get my freinds presents, but that aint there. I dont believe you dont have to buy presents to show freindship and i dont expect presents from freinds.
. Your bedroom behavior resembles which of the following songs:
unclear question. dont like it
10. Of the following, what is the first thing you look for when choosing a mate?
nowhere do i see personality, this should be a multiple choice question to which i would have picked: personality and looks. ;)
Behavior: +1
In the area of behavior, you seem to fall into the "adult" category. Adults tend to be efficient and responsible. You are probably a "doer" whom others consider reliable, stable, and consistent. People feel they can depend on you. Of course, if others rely too much on you, it can be a burden. You seem, however, to be someone who strikes a healthy balance between fulfilling others' needs and taking care of your own. Just be aware that if you feel overwhelmed by the pressures put on you, you should take some time out for yourself.
Emotions:-5
In the realm of emotions, you seem to fall into the "kid" category. This means that you probably express your emotions instinctively. In many ways that's great, because you are in touch with your feelings. You're probably considered open and honest by those around you. But it can also mean that you practice little control over your public expression. Being an emotional "kid" can also indicate insensitivity to the needs of others. Children are naturally emotionally self-absorbed and tend to not be aware of the effect their actions have on others. It's a two-sided coin. Allowing your emotions to surface is a wonderful healing process, but it's important to control when and where these "expressions" occur.
I would say this to be completely unacurate. yeh i'm in touch with my feelings and i am honest but i am not insensitive to others. hey, i dont need a daft website with loaded questions telling me what kinda person i am. :D
Responsibility:+3
When it comes to the level of responsibility you assume, for yourself or others, you fall into the "adult" category. This means that you are probably someone who can be relied on to come through in any situation. People around you likely consider you dependable and strong. Don't let your dominant care-taking side force you to neglect your own needs. Keep a healthy balance and continue to take care of yourself too.
acurate.

yeah, quite adult... i didn't look a the rest, i agree with Captin and i never get my guy friends gifts, i get girlsfriends gifts. Bedroom thing, a bit confusing, looks at first because you see them most of the time before you talk to them, but personality is more important!

Whatever

I consider myself very mature overall, the only thing I don't think is accurate is the Emotions scale. I don't care about what people think of me and I speak my mind, but in a style that is not abrogative nor offensive/insulting.

Cool test tho :cool:

middle15.gif

Behavior:
There are countless reasons why people may act or feel a certain age at any given point in their lives. Feeling a certain age is not a static thing, nor is it something that always follows a pre-determined pattern. Some people act older when they are children then have a second childhood in their retirement years. Others act like children until they become parents and then seem to click into a different mode. It can be helpful and insightful to learn which stage you're at right now, and why.

Nobody fits neatly into a given category. There are several components in your emotional age: behavior, feelings, and responsibility. In the area of behavior, you seem to fall into the "adult" category. Adults tend to be efficient and responsible. You are probably a "doer" whom others consider reliable, stable, and consistent. People feel they can depend on you. Of course, if others rely too much on you, it can be a burden. You seem, however, to be someone who strikes a healthy balance between fulfilling others' needs and taking care of your own. Just be aware that if you feel overwhelmed by the pressures put on you, you should take some time out for yourself.

middle6.gif

Emotions:
In the realm of emotions, you seem to fall into the "adolescent" category. This means that you sometimes express your emotions without thinking about the effect they have on other people. It can also mean that you are extremely self-conscious and worried about what other people think of you. Adolescents are notorious for being influenced by peer pressure and societal standards. Adolescents may also often be moody and withdrawn and have a hard time making emotional commitments, but they can also display great creativity. They feel strongly about many different things in their lives. Your passion for life probably comes through in your emotional reactions.

middle20.gif

Responsibility:
When it comes to the level of responsibility you assume, you fall into the "mature" category. This means that you are probably someone who can be relied on to come through in any situation. People around you probably consider you totally dependable, perhaps to the point of being too controlling. It is a wonderful characteristic to care about the needs of other people and not to burden them with your problems, but you may want to alleviate some of your own emotions sometimes. There are times when you can leave aside your concerns for everything and everyone around you. But you also need to leave time for yourself.

ill keep mine short and sweet.

.........................................................X..................................
bottom.gif

less mature.......................................................more mature

Overall, your emotional age is quite adult. You are a clear thinker who recognizes your emotions and knows how to express them. You follow your instincts, without ever letting yourself get carried away. To understand more about your score, sign up with Emode.

goodness that took forever to get that "X" in the right spot.

Back