You have a machine breathing and talking for you...

KennyJC

Registered Senior Member
You can't move at ALL...

It is considered a 'sin' and a 'crime' to give help to someone like that to die. Is that really ethical?

When your life depends on machines and people wiping your ass, how can anyone against euthanasia claim to be on the moral high ground? Smacks me of being similar to the stem cell farce in America right now.

Euthanasia should be legal, murder should not. Unless the person can communicate their desire to die, no such action should be taken. I wouldn't want to have to live with an assistant to wipe my ass and feed me. If I had to have a machine pump oxygen into me and keep my heart beating for the rest of my life, I'd rather skip that whole mess and just die.

If people want to kill themselves, let them do it themselves. Why involve other people in it? Least of all a doctor?

If people want to kill themselves, let them do it themselves.

It's as easy as that is it? From what I see, there are no suicide boothes a la Futurama. The only options you would have would be a dramatic/violent method, an unreliable method, or one that will kill you but cause you suffering in the process. This is far from the controlled and humane methods which euthanasia would allow. Besides, if you are seriously ill, you may not even have any ability to kill yourself and would need outside help. How can you kill yourself if you can't move?

Why involve other people in it? Least of all a doctor?

Why least of all a doctor? Who is more suited?

Back