Y2K

Bert Buttock

Registered Member
Well? What happened to all your sad predictions of the end of the world, troops on the streets, panic buying and global anarchy?

Well, must go. Since I didn't bother changing anything on this old windows 3.1 486 computer I cannot continue to post as it obviously has crashed. Just like the cash machines and traffic signals. Shame.

------------------
Accept it.

LOL! There's quite a post on this subject in World Affairs. I think for once the media hype did us some good. It got the corporate fatcats off their behinds and down to the lowly tech's office where the tech was handed a blank check and told to make it all better. I was the Y2K manager at my office and we decided to set up a control computer and then upgrade the rest. While the control computer didn't experience any catastrophic reactions that couldn't be worked around, it still would have hampered the work week and put everybody out while solutions were implemented. Now, imagine this happenening at the government level.

For once in existence, the press and the government made a good, coordinated move to a logical and convenient solution to a major problem, thus averting the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and pulling the plug on Armageddon. So much for prophecy. Where are you now, Jean "I Can't See A Future Past 2000 AD" Dixon and Edgar "Nuclear Apocalypse for America in 1999" Cayce? ;)

------------------
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight, kill, and die for your right to say it.

[This message has been edited by Oxygen (edited January 04, 2000).]

Yeah! But it made for a scary ride--more so, for those who don't own a computer. It also made bunches of money for others.

------------------
It's all very large.

Back