WTF???? USA "Dream Team" Lost to Argentina

static76

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Registered Senior Member
"INDIANAPOLIS -- Argentina pulled off a victory that until recently was believed to be nearly impossible, defeating the United States 87-80 on Wednesday night at the men's basketball World Championships.

It was the first loss ever for a U.S. team in 59 games since the Americans began sending NBA players to international tournaments in 1992.

Argentina's victory was shocking in and of itself, but what made it even more incredible was the manner in which they accomplished it. The United States never led in the game, trailed by as many as 20 and couldn't mount an adequate comeback down the stretch. "

Although many of our top players(Shaq,Kobe,Tmac,Kidd) weren't playing, this loss is still is unbelievable.....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Not really. If USA soccer can beat Portugal in world cup, USA basketball can lose. 56-1 is a very good record. NBA players don't know how to play team defense because of illegal defense rule. After that got rid of that rule, they installed a new rule (can't remember exactly what) which prevents team from playing team defense. Foreign teams play together a lot but not US teams. You can tell foreign teams have better team work fundementals, like boxing out or weak side help. They all shoot better free throws.

The team that's out there is very young. They are hardly dream team. The best team starting five would be Kobe, Shaq, Iverson, Garnett, Duncan. That's an unstoppable team.

I agree Joeman, but it still sucks that we lost to Argentina on our home soil. We'll still get the gold though, I hope....:bugeye:

Yep, it's hard to stay at the top than to reach the top.

I doubt if the US dream team were at their top mental condition. Being at the toop of your game kinda gives you lethargy. And personally, I disagree with people saying Shaq is a good player. He is most definitely not. He knows absolutely zero cooperation and teamwork. That kind of mentality might possibly help in solo sports like golf, speed skating, skiing, etc but not a team sport like basketball.

Originally posted by Zero
Yep, it's hard to stay at the top than to reach the top.

I doubt if the US dream team were at their top mental condition. Being at the toop of your game kinda gives you lethargy. And personally, I disagree with people saying Shaq is a good player. He is most definitely not. He knows absolutely zero cooperation and teamwork. That kind of mentality might possibly help in solo sports like golf, speed skating, skiing, etc but not a team sport like basketball.

My friend, Shaq is one of the best passing big men in the NBA. He gets alot of assists for a center, and sets up his teammates nicely.

Phil Jackson's triangle offense only works because Kobe and Shaq have great teamwork with the other players, just like Pippen and Jordan.

As a lifelong Laker fan, I must say your dead wrong..:cool:

As a lifelong Laker fan, I must say your dead wrong..:cool:

Haha, yeah, Shaq is the best because of his size. I mean he wasn't all that when he began, but after gaining experience and with his size, he's almost unstoppable one on one.

GO NEW ZEALAND

All I can say is it's good to have a bit of variety, sometimes you never know if you're watching re-runs or live events cause it's always the same teams up there.
Go you TAll Blacks! That haka works all the time, just ask the Aussies.:D

Shaq, a good player!? Suuuuuure....when I hear "unstoppable player" I get images of Jordan in my head, not Shaq...

Shaq has much higher FG% than Jordan. Shaq is usually in mid 60's and Jordan in mid 50's.

Christ I'm outta touch with this game. The last game I watched was the playoffs between the Bulls and the Jazz, that was over five years ago

Back