Why not Jesus wrote his own biography ?

Saint

Valued Senior Member
Just wonder, if Jesus was Son of God (equivalent to God), he must be very very or infinitely wiser than anyone of us, correct?
Surely he wanted all of us to know him well Without any Doubt, since he is an omnipotent God, this shouldn't be too difficult for him to achieve!

However, he did not write his own biography for his eathly life, why?
Why there is a missing story about him from age 12 to 30 ?

Because he was a normal, insignificant man whose life was hyped up by the media in the form of the bible?

Originally posted by Zero
Because he was a normal, insignificant man whose life was hyped up by the media in the form of the bible?
Whatever else he was or was not, he was not insignificant.

~Raithere

His ministry took place over a very busy 3 years of his life, and he didn't have the luxury of being able to sit back and write his memoires later, due to the inconvenience of being crucified.

While I have no reason to believe he was 'god on earth', I doubt that he is a myth. He may even be a compilation of people.

The point is that most stories are based on actual people or persons. Even if they get 'expanded' upon later.

Saint said:
Just wonder, if Jesus was Son of God (equivalent to God), he must be very very or infinitely wiser than anyone of us, correct?
Surely he wanted all of us to know him well Without any Doubt, since he is an omnipotent God, this shouldn't be too difficult for him to achieve!

M*W: The recent posts have been... well... ho hum, so I went back to read some of the more interesting ones. I've always had this question: "Why didn't Jesus write anything himself?" If he had been at least a Rabbi, he would have known how to write. If Jesus was the only son of God, it would have been less confusing to hear Jesus' own words first-hand... but his alleged words were written by people who never knew him. Just seems strange that the only son of God didn't write anything by himself.

Stranger, yet, the folks who knew Jesus (Mary Magdalene, Thomas, Philip, etc., their writings never made it into the NT! That reeks of conspiracy if you ask me. But why?

Saint said:

According to Laurence Gardner (Medicine Woman's favorite author), the Romans destroyed all documents about Jesus so that they can make him a demi-God. The Roman empire at that time consists of different ethnicities and cultures. They use religion to unite and mind control the masses. Bible was used as a propaganda.

Medicine Woman said:
M*W: The recent posts have been... well... ho hum, so I went back to read some of the more interesting ones. I've always had this question: "Why didn't Jesus write anything himself?" If he had been at least a Rabbi, he would have known how to write. If Jesus was the only son of God, it would have been less confusing to hear Jesus' own words first-hand... but his alleged words were written by people who never knew him. Just seems strange that the only son of God didn't write anything by himself.

Stranger, yet, the folks who knew Jesus (Mary Magdalene, Thomas, Philip, etc., their writings never made it into the NT! That reeks of conspiracy if you ask me. But why?

Why ? because Paul was Jesus. Paul was missing for 3 years. There was a great roman conspiracy to isolate jews. Please expand on this. Have a good time. If any one asks for reference just tell 'The hidden gospel of MM". :p

The words of the wise are like goads, their collected sayings like firmly embedded nails - given by one Shepherd. Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them.

Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.
The culture was different. Remember this was before Gutenberg. Writing was good for letters and declarations, but if you really wanted to reach a certain audience, you talked to them and reasoned with them. That would get their attention more than anything - especially if 90% of them were illiterate, and a book cost as much as a year's salary. When people wrote, they wrote about people talking.

Last edited:
How would Jesus writing his bibilography prove to you that he is the true God?

Most likely because he spoke to very few people during this time.

okinrus said:
Most likely because he spoke to very few people during this time.

Maybe, but with such a portentous birth, three wise men, big stars etc, you'd have thought that somebody might have tracked his progress towards becoming a Messiah, and recorded a little more.

One question, is why the section relating to Jesus at age 12 is included, and who was there to witness it, and then retell that story, as the bible was written until at least 30 years after the death of Jesus, so that event was remembered by some witness for around 50 years?

Or, we could consider these events to be no more than revisionist padding, and fiction. Once we admit the bible isn't absolutely accurate though, you have to wonder if the whole thing puts a rose tinted glaze of the life of this guy, who failed to convince many that met him, that he was anything special. Far from it, he and his followers all (but one) died violent deaths, which to me, shows they probably weren't as loving and nice as the bible claims, and certainly not well liked.

Well there were recordings of Jesus(pbuh) life between 12-30(gospel of barnabas etc...)but alotta people say they were destroyed because they painted a "unflattering" view of someone who was suppose to be God-on-Earth....peace

phlogistician said:
One question, is why the section relating to Jesus at age 12 is included, and who was there to witness it, and then retell that story, as the bible was written until at least 30 years after the death of Jesus, so that event was remembered by some witness for around 50 years?
The answer is in the same passage (Luke 2:41-52): But his mother treasured all these things in her heart.

Or, we could consider these events to be no more than revisionist padding, and fiction. Once we admit the bible isn't absolutely accurate though, you have to wonder if the whole thing puts a rose tinted glaze of the life of this guy, who failed to convince many that met him, that he was anything special. Far from it, he and his followers all (but one) died violent deaths, which to me, shows they probably weren't as loving and nice as the bible claims, and certainly not well liked.
It was the same as now - some would simply not believe. Even when they were faced with miracles, some people would rather attribute it to Satan than acknowledge Jesus was from God (Matt.12). He condemned the religious authorities and threatened their power over the people. Of course he wasn't well liked!

And that's why Jesus also told his disciples:
"Be on your guard against men; they will hand you over to the local councils and flog you in their synagogues. 18On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. (Matt. 10:17)

"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me." (Matt.24:9)[/i]​

Last edited:
Maybe, but with such a portentous birth, three wise men, big stars etc, you'd have thought that somebody might have tracked his progress towards becoming a Messiah, and recorded a little more.
This seems correct. But I believe the silence could have theological meaning(Jesus' life being a microcosm of the hebrew people) or could be instructing us that at times silence is important. Jesus also had to wait to be baptized by John.

I don't think the all the gospels were written 30 years after after Jesus died but we don't yet have the manuscript evidence to push the dates back. Anyway, the tradition has been that Luke wrote his gospel by consulting Mary and the other early christians.

Far from it, he and his followers all (but one) died violent deaths, which to me, shows they probably weren't as loving and nice as the bible claims, and certainly not well liked.
Who was the follower who didn't have a violent death? Besides the deaths of Pete, Paul and James, there's little evidence to support what your saying here.

Writing was not so important then. The Printing Press was not invented until the 14th Century. Things that were written were summarized in brief, to minimize the time it would take to write out copies.

The Best Life of Christ you can get is the material from notes taken from the dictations of Anne Catherine Emmerich. Anne Catherine Emmerich was a Nineteeth Century Visionary who experienced not only the Life of Christ but the entirely History of Salvation. The Movie "The Passion" was largely based on details from her Vision.

"The Life of Christ", from Anne Catherine Emmerich, is published in 4 Volumes from Tan Books (but Barnes and Nobles delivers speedier) and covers the History of Redemption back to the Creation, Adam and Eve, Noah, the Flood, Job, Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Elijah, the Theology of the Immaculate Conception of Mary, the Essenes, The complete Life of Christ (birth, shepards, Kings, the slaughter of the innocents, the Flight to Egypt, John the Baptist, etc), the Three Kings, and the remaining years of Mary after Christ's death. The First Volume is the most important, and then the Fourth. The second and third volume bogg down in details of the ministry.

Back