why no press?

surenderer

Registered Senior Member
This was a sermon givin at Friday Mass by one of the most influencial Imans in the world condeming terrorism.....the only reason i post this is because there are alotta people in the West who think that the Islamic Religious leaders dont do enough to denounce terrorism but my question is why dont these speeches get any press?...peace

MAKKAH, 24 July 2004 — The imam of the Grand Masjid in Makkah Sheikh Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais said here yesterday that terrorism and extremism must be stopped and the organizations that promote terror should be dismantled.

Delivering his Friday sermon, the imam said militant groups had unleashed a war on religious values, and this must be stopped.

He said such terror groups should be nipped in the bud. “This should be one of our major priorities in order to preserve the nation against trials and strife,” he told thousands of worshippers.

“Some of our sons were brainwashed and became tools in the hands of deviants to commit violence and practice terrorism. They took the path of extremism, destruction and explosion. They tried very hard to damage the fabric of the society and sought violent means to change the social system,” he said.

Al-Sudais expressed the fear that such groups would ratchet up their attacks not only physically but also on ideologies. The next stage would witness a war on religious values using their extremist thoughts, he said

“We have to overcome these negatives and to rebuild,” Al-Sudais said. He called on the nation to be honest, to abide by the precepts of their religion and to make sure of the safety of their country. “We should be vigilant and counter such extremist thoughts, he said.

“Thank God that the symbols of terrorism are falling down like tree leaves during fall time. We remind those that still sympathize, or harbor these people that they are committing a crime against their religion, their nation and their country,” said Al-Sudais.

“A Muslim returning to the right path, even if it is a small step toward it, will face God’s mercy on the Day of Judgment, but not those whose hands are covered with blood.

“The rulers of this country offered that chance to these people with a one-month amnesty, so that these people return to the right path. Those that gave themselves up have found peace and forgiveness,” he added.

“Those still sticking to the wrong path will only harm themselves, their family and their society,” he said

Because the media is very libral and they don't want the public to know the truth.

Enigma'07 said:
Because the media is very libral and they don't want the public to know the truth.

Well I agree with 50% of your statement....I dont think it's accurate to equate liberalism with lies but the Western Media does seem to have it's own objections......perfect example....how many people ever heard about this?

http://g.msn.com/9SE/1?http://www.t...03b07a24c84be40de85dd00f1a2&POS=7&CM=WPU&CE=7

http://g.msn.com/9SE/1?http://www.j...03b07a24c84be40de85dd00f1a2&POS=8&CM=WPU&CE=8

Rachel was mistaken. Not everyone is good. Some people, in fact, are just plain evil. Some people are murderers. And sometimes, an entire nation can be persuaded, through satanic philosophies, maniacal religion and political ideology, to engage in heinous criminal acts and genocidal atrocities.

Wow, if this foolish writer isn't simply another self righteous idiot propagating selfish objectives. I smile when I look at the bottom and he/she has stated at the bottom that "we" are "true, Bible honoring Christians who believe in mercy and justice".

And to think the Son of God preached turning the other cheek..

Some people are murderers. And sometimes, an entire nation can be persuaded, through satanic philosophies, maniacal religion and political ideology, to engage in heinous criminal acts and genocidal atrocities.

I agree with that but i wonder if we are talking about the same "nation" ;)

“Every time we do something, you [Shimon Peres] tell me America will do this and will do that... I want to tell you something very clear: Don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.” —Ariel Sharon

How does that quote as an American make you feel? :confused:

Last edited:
surenderer said:
I agree with that but i wonder if we are talking about the same "nation" ;)

“Every time we do something, you [Shimon Peres] tell me America will do this and will do that... I want to tell you something very clear: Don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.” —Ariel Sharon

How does that quote as an American make you feel? :confused:

They can't feel anything. They are not suppose to feel anything. That is how most of them are programed to, and if they will notice and will stand up agains it, they will be destroyed by rigth wing religious evanglist or baptis.

I heard about the death of Rachel Corrie a while ago. God Bless her. :) She died like a true Christian mayter. She died while trying her best to save the houses of her enemies, totally unarmed and absolutely no threat to anyone. :D Inspirational.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

surenderer said:

These quotes originated with the pro-Hamas American group Islamic Association for Palestine in an Oct. 13, 2001 press release, which claimed its source as Israeli radio Kol Yisrael:
According [to] the Israeli Hebrew radio, Col Yisrael Wednesday, Peres warned Sharon that refusing to heed incessant American requests for a cease-fire with the Palestinians would endanger Israeli interests and turn the US against us. At this point, a furious Sharon reportedly turned toward Peres, saying “ . . . I want to tell you something clear, don't worry about American pressure on Israel, we the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it.”…​
Elsewhere in the press release, the quote was repeated, albeit slightly altered to: “we control America.”

CAMERA received confirmation from Kol Yisrael political correspondent Yoni Ben-Menachem, who reports on Cabinet meetings, that he never made such a broadcast and that Sharon never made such a statement.

- see CAMERA
What next, surenderer, quotes from your personal copy of the Protocols of Zion?

Enigma'07 said:

Right ... nothing says liberal like ownership by an ever-shrinking number of corporations.

ConsequentAtheist said:
What next, surenderer, quotes from your personal copy of the Protocols of Zion?

Not sure what exactly you are implying I dont post Anti-Zionist posts but the facts are the facts and Ariel Sharon did say that so deal with his comments not my posting them Oh yea and Sharon never did deny saying that either and more than pro-palestinian websites post his saying it....nice try though

http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/01/10/Sharon3.html

Last edited:
Adstar said:
I heard about the death of Rachel Corrie a while ago. God Bless her. :) She died like a true Christian mayter. She died while trying her best to save the houses of her enemies, totally unarmed and absolutely no threat to anyone. :D Inspirational.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

I am not sure about the "enemy" part of your statement but i will say that thousands of Palestinians die like that every year only they dont make Fox News or CNN.....but she was indeed a mayter

In the Entire History of Islam, has one single Muslim ever listened to an Iman? The very Belief that Mohammed is necessarily the Last Prophet would tend, I would think, to encourage a contempt for anybody who would assume any authority afterward.

When one glances at the Islamic World one rather sees Authority being in the hands of Tribal, not Religious Leaders.

So maybe the Problem that the West has with Islam is that it is apparently so unpersuasive that nobody listens to it. It is an ineffective Religion, but refuses to step aside for anything better. It is like a Dead Man in the drivers seat.

Back