Why is being nude so "wrong"?

Thoreau

Valued Senior Member
Why is being in the nude so "wrong" in the eyes of many Americans?

I see no problem with it. Its who we are.

Many other countries see no problem with it as well. Yet many Americans feel being nude as "shameful" and "insulting".

Funny how we are the only species on this entire planet that insists on covering ourselves.

It's because America has a high prevalence of overweight and obese individuals. Witnessing such individuals in the nude would lead to severe emotional and mental scarring.

its because the use is controlled by religous people and has become sexually repressed

I thought it was because a large percentage of the US has cold weather and men never wanted us women to know about shrinkage.
curse you seinfeld!!

Why is being in the nude so "wrong" in the eyes of many Americans?

Nudity is NOT wrong ......nudity in public is wrong. There's a big, big difference, don't you see?

Many other countries see no problem with it as well. Yet many Americans feel being nude as "shameful" and "insulting".

Name a few of those countries, I'd be interested in which countries let people walk around naked all the time.

Funny how we are the only species on this entire planet that insists on covering ourselves.

Well, we're also the only "funny" animal that builds high-rise, air conditioned offices and condominiums, among many other things. So what?

Baron Max

Why is being in the nude so "wrong" in the eyes of many Americans? I see no problem with it. Its who we are.

In what respect? Going to work? Going to school?

I have never heard anyone say anything like that in my entire life. Who are those people you are referring to and can you show some type of proof of that statement besides your opinion?

Animals have fur and hair, crabs have shells as well as other crustations and turtles , birds have feathers. So you see many animals "cover" themselves as well.

Outside of certain ethnic tribes living close to the equator that obviously accept it absolutely, nudity is neither absolutely accepted nor absolutely despised in any other country. Certain countries, such as some Scandinavian countries are certainly more relaxed about it, but considering their climate they're hardly likely to want to walk around topless in Helsinki on a December morning, or at any other time.

Name a few of those countries, I'd be interested in which countries let people walk around naked all the time.

Baron Max

Why are you planning a vacation :eek: lol

Join one of those freakish nudist colonies, where VERY young naked girls and boys run around freely amongst old naked men:bugeye:

...Join one of those freakish nudist colonies, where VERY young naked girls and boys run around freely amongst old naked men:bugeye:

so men who are nudists are pedophiles? What about men who give their daughters baths? Is that incestuous?
Its not for me, but maybe when I get older and no longer give a dman about what others think, I could see myself going to nude beaches/resorts.

so men who are nudists are pedophiles? What about men who give their daughters baths? Is that incestuous?
Its not for me, but maybe when I get older and no longer give a dman about what others think, I could see myself going to nude beaches/resorts.

Put it this way, I wouldn't have my son's 6 and 11 running around naked at some resort surrounded by STRANGE naked men. Would you?

Daughters baths......well that is their father not a strange man. Second of all what age are these daughters? Because once it gets past a certain age I think its crossing a line.

These places screen and watch for perverts. They are are more rigorous in screening than most people are in their children's friends parents. I don't check the criminal background of the parents before my kids sleep over there.

For you its about sex, for me its not. You have a godly missionary mentality, and I guess I have a heathen native one.

Put it this way, I wouldn't have my son's 6 and 11 running around naked at some resort surrounded by STRANGE naked men. Would you?

Daughters baths......well that is their father not a strange man. Second of all what age are these daughters? Because once it gets past a certain age I think its crossing a line.

Don't confuse homosexuality with pedophilia, they are two totally unrelated things. (BTW in case you haven't noticed, there are female pedophiles as well).

These places screen and watch for perverts. They are are more rigorous in screening than most people are in their children's friends parents. I don't check the criminal background of the parents before my kids sleep over there.

For you its about sex, for me its not. You have a godly missionary mentality, and I guess I have a heathen native one.

:cheers:

Don't confuse homosexuality with pedophilia, they are two totally unrelated things. (BTW in case you haven't noticed, there are female pedophiles as well).

Thats great! I am glad they screen all these people. I guess you have never seen the Documentary about how they slip through the cracks huh. Or listened to some of the people they interviewed, (mostly men)
Well I did!

So Orleander, you have no problems sending your kids there?

Back