Why faith needs to be scrutinized

Don H

Registered Senior Member
Thank you, I thank you all.
(a faith baste sermon)

Before service I overheard an argument about people quoting scripture out of context.

out of context? Out of Context ??

YOU ARE ALL OUT OF CONTEXT !!!

At least when it comes to comparing the ancient holy books from Asia, Middle Asia and Africa (Gita, Bible and Qu'ran) to the modern knowledge of today.

It is not sacriligious to demand that religions and philosophies face the same standards of proof, ethics and criminality that any one of us here are subject to. This is not asking you to prove or disprove the existence of your god but merely to open your eyes to the reality of what actually has come to pass.

Christians close their eyes to pray, Muslims are whipped if late to prayer and women have little authority, while the immutable infallibility of unquestioning faith is demanded.

Monothiesm was supposed to be a great advance but has not prevented religious war. Sects of the same religion still kill each other.
Yet people bound by faith do not see it for what it is. We have names for people not in our club; the goyem, the infidels and the unsaved. We have names for the wars; the troubles and the crusades.

Politics wrapped in the banner of unquestioned religion is the oldest scam in the book by men at war against God. Presidents can wage war without permission of Congress but always by the grace of God.

Generals say "our job is to introduce our enemies to God". "Killem all and let God sort them out".
Yes our nation will always need antibodies against an invading virus but when the growth of white cells go unchecked they become a cancer. When our antibodies attack ourselves we become crippled with arthritis or MS. An unchecked immune response can kill us.

Open your eyes to what is.
Celebrate fellowship.
Wonder about the mysteries.
But for god's sake do not exempt religious doctrine from verifiable truth.

Instead of putting everything in God we Trust we should be busy thanking each other for every good deed.

I have been to the mountain top but recieved no tablets.
The holy book of 'Thank You' is not yet written.
It must be written by you.

Examine your faith and go in peace.
Write it.
Speak it.
Teach it.
Embrace it.

Thank you.
I thank you all

very good Donh. I agree. Though i think we can put our trust in god too! Just one minor point.
Presidents can wage war without permission of Congress
yes but they must go to congress for funds. Convince them to fund the war. :( sorry. just wanted to make this point.

"Faith baste sermon".

Very nice use of words. :D Keep it up Don H, you do good stuff here. :)

Can you really fight a war in the name of buddha. That like saying I conquered the planet and killed every one in the name of Gandhi. I am actually reading the Tao of physics right now, and it is really interesting. Apperently some of the eastern practices have soem merit on reality. I'll post some quotes when I get of Work. Faith in a diety seems to be only a human weakness. Ever heard the saying when you "become a buddha you kill buddha".

Back