Why do you sometimes doubt christianity?

Why do you sometimes doubt christianity?

• I am a christian: Because of the lack of hard evidence.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I am a christian: Because there would be more freedom in my actions if they weren't judged.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I am a christian: Because of social oppression (people around me, society, etc.)

• I am a christian: My parent/-s disbelieve and tell me it's wrong, or close friend/-s.

• I am a christian: Other reason (or no particular reason).

• I am a non-christian: Because of the lack of hard evidence.

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • I am a non-christian: Because there would be more freedom in my actions if they weren't judged.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a non-christian: Because of social oppression (people around me, society, etc.)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I am a non-christian: My parent/-s disbelieve and tell me it's wrong, or close friend/-s.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a non-christian: Other reason (or no particular reason).

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Cyperium

I'm always me
Valued Senior Member
This is to a certain degree a question that might give some understanding, of both christians and non-christians (including atheists).

Last edited:
The poll choices don't exactly fit......
Hmm, ok. I tried to cover as many possibilities as possible without making a too extensive poll...I guess that I should have included "because of other religions", and there are probably other reasons too that would be fit to be there.

the one on social oppression is badly worded, do you mean opression by the curch or sociaty in general?

I vote yes to that one because of the way the church has opressed people right up to the way they treat homosexuals STILL

I'm not a Christian because it's a cult-like culture that I couldn't begin to relate to. I'm too independent minded to join any religion. Besides, Jesus didn't write anything down himself, which I think is suspicious.

I never doubt Christianity. I ALWAYS know it is wrong... :)

The poll implies that you believe in Christianity. " Why do you sometimes doubt christianity?"

To doubt or deny a thing you must have a belief in the said thing or believe a said thing exists. Thus I cannot deny a god as it does not exist, (there is a extreme lack of evidence for any god/gods existing, so we can be 99.99999999% sure god/gods do not exist) and I cannot doubt Christianity as I have no belief in a myth based on a god/gods.

So sorry cant answer your poll.

the one on social oppression is badly worded, do you mean opression by the curch or sociaty in general?

I vote yes to that one because of the way the church has opressed people right up to the way they treat homosexuals STILL
I mean any oppression by the public. The reason you say surely fits into that category.

The poll implies that you believe in Christianity. " Why do you sometimes doubt christianity?"

To doubt or deny a thing you must have a belief in the said thing or believe a said thing exists. Thus I cannot deny a god as it does not exist, (there is a extreme lack of evidence for any god/gods existing, so we can be 99.99999999% sure god/gods do not exist) and I cannot doubt Christianity as I have no belief in a myth based on a god/gods.

So sorry cant answer your poll.
I don't think it necessarily requires strong belief to doubt. The opposite is true in the other poll, as if a christian would not always believe.

'Sometimes' indeed, and it's not just Christianity I doubt. I doubt everyone on my doorstep with a bag of crazy they are trying to sell to me.

All religions are bullshit.

Back