Why Do We NEED to Know ALLAH?

Sufi

Registered Senior Member
If we study them carefully, we can see that the basic Whole ONENESS of all that is has been tried to communicate to man in any of the scriptures by all spiritual masters, who are the attainers of the essence that we know as prophets, saints, etc.

However, in return of these messages, man has always sculpted an image of God in his mind because of his limited perception capability and limited thoughts, which does not match the reality of truth.

This basic WHOLE ONENESS of all that is (encompassing the visible and the inward) has been referred to as ALLAH in the Koran. ALLAH as informed by Mohammed (pbuh) is not a god out there. ALLAH is not separate from us. ALLAH is the reality, the truth of limitless oneness within the essence of every being. So, ALLAH is within us, within the essence of everyone of us. Whichever side we turn, there is the expressions of the qualities of ALLAH.

We are created to fullfill the reason of being a caliph of ALLAH. ALLAH manifests Hu's qualities through ourselves and everything. Our existence takes its origin entirely from the qualities of ALLAH.

We cannot worship ALLAH as if it were a God out there but we all SERVE ALLAH at any moment of our lives, willingly or unwillingly. All men are servants of ALLAH.

Therefore we need to treat others as we would like to be treated... Becasue WE ALL IS ONE WITHIN!

If we live unaware of that truth, we will suffer the result of our ignarence forever in fire. But if we take care of this reality and live accordingly, then our lives will turn to a life of heaven in which we will be able to observe the qualities of ALLAH, the limitless ONE, manifest through ourselves.

It is therefore that, every human being with a thinking mind should know what ALLAH is and live accordingly.

This teaching is the essence of the Koran. It is expalined in the Chapter of Oneness in it. For a comprehensive reading about that chapter you may go to http://www.ahmedbaki.com/english and read the free online book MOHAMMED'S ALLAH there.

With all due respect ..we would appreciate if you discuss something rather than preaching us ....

he has no choice, it say in the qu-ran by the beloved mohammed tho shall not discuss scripture with infidals, tho must teach the infidal the ways of the islam and the rightous.
allah be praised(NOT).

fahrenheit 451 said:
he has no choice, it say in the qu-ran by the beloved mohammed tho shall not discuss scripture with infidals, tho must teach the infidal the ways of the islam and the rightous.
allah be praised(NOT).

AN-NAHL (THE BEE)

verse.125

YUSUFALI: Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.

PICKTHAL: Call unto the way of thy Lord with wisdom and fair exhortation, and reason with them in the better way. Lo! thy Lord is Best Aware of him who strayeth from His way, and He is Best Aware of those who go aright.

SHAKIR: Call to the way of your Lord with wisdom and goodly exhortation, and have disputations with them in the best manner; surely your Lord best knows those who go astray from His path, and He knows best those who follow the right way.

If you don't know what you are talking about, why do post in the first place?
Also, if you have been following sufi's threads you would understand that he is as a stranger to the Qur'an as you are.

:m:

I think many of religious leaders/thinkers/teachers (whatever you want to call them) have put forth the notion of pantheism, but I don't know about "all".
Do you claim to see evidence of this in the Old Testament?

Last edited:
fahrenheit 451 said:
I'm sorry batman, I'm just having fun.
you should not take it, to seriously, it's bad for your health.

Don't worry about my health, I get a lot of exercise battling crime in Gotham. But do me a favor, don't tell anyone. It a secret identity.

Seriously, you may have fun but I can't have misconceptions running around. (It's a tough job being a superhero ;) )

Why Do We NEED to Know ALLAH?

All human violence is a reflection of the belief in a separate ego and a separate god.

If we come to understand that there is no god, and Allah as defined in the Koran is not a separate god and if we knew we are all one and that Alah is within us, we would know that any harm to another is a violation of Allah. We would not be able to behave as we do to each other. We would treat others as we would like to be treated. No longer would we have to compete or be better than anyone. Rather than viewing ourselves as distinct from a God and everyone else, we will experience our life as connected rather than separate.

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=41951

Sufi said:
All human violence is a reflection of the belief in a separate ego and a separate god.

Sufi,
As a Muslim you have to believe in all the Nabi's and Rasul's(peace upon all of them) that our Creator has sent to us...so my question is how about the Wars they fought? David(pbuh) Muhamaad(pbuh) Moses (pbuh) Solomon (pbuh) etc.... were they believing in a Seperate God?

Last edited:
surenderer said:
Sufi,
As a Muslim you have to believe in all the Nabi's and Rasul's(peace upon all of them) that our Creator has sent to us...so my question is how about the Wars they fought? David(pbuh) Muhamaad(pbuh) Moses (pbuh) Solomon (pbuh) etc.... were they believing in a Seperate God?

They all used god like a sailor uses a $2 hooker :D (and I bet he's pissed)

Allah is God but what of it? He can never take our filthy souls into Heaven. I for one would pollute it with my heathen mind and would have to be burnt forever in the lake of fire. How am I to be saved? I know I cannot do it on my own strength since I am given to lust and greed and laziness and cannot help it. Am I doomed to be cut off from Him forever because of my terrible nature? I have hurt countless people and it would be wicked therefore of Allah to forgive me for their sakes. What would they think of Him if they let a miserable toad like me into Heaven? Especially since they were innocent!!!
Help - Allah has not provided me with a way!

peace

c20

C20,

Don't worry too much - there are no such things as souls and nothing will happen to you once you die since you will simply not exist.

That you consider yourself inadequate is a result of the subversive religion that you follow. It would be far better for you to face reality and take responsibility for your actions rather than blame it on an imaginary creator.

But I must live forever. I simply must. I cannot face eternal death. I might as well kill myself now because everything I do is futile. Why worry about morality? Why care about anything? Why even know the difference between right and wrong?

Cris said:
Don't worry too much - there are no such things as souls and nothing will happen to you once you die since you will simply not exist.

It is not possible to imagine non existence [of oneself]. The existence is not a creation, the word already explains the eternal existence of it. Humans can imagine everything that is possible, but a human can't imagine non existence, although he might think he is doing that.

Cris said:
That you consider yourself inadequate is a result of the subversive religion that you follow. It would be far better for you to face reality and take responsibility for your actions rather than blame it on an imaginary creator.

In reality we are not responsible for our actions. But because we identify ourselves with a body, we create an ego and what we think is our free will. When our body acts, we think that it is "Me" who acts, and thus we feel responsible. But in reality, everything is predestined.

c20H25N3o said:
Allah is God but what of it? He can never take our filthy souls into Heaven. I for one would pollute it with my heathen mind and would have to be burnt forever in the lake of fire. How am I to be saved? I know I cannot do it on my own strength since I am given to lust and greed and laziness and cannot help it. Am I doomed to be cut off from Him forever because of my terrible nature? I have hurt countless people and it would be wicked therefore of Allah to forgive me for their sakes. What would they think of Him if they let a miserable toad like me into Heaven? Especially since they were innocent!!!
Help - Allah has not provided me with a way!

peace

c20

Like I told Southstar before he stepped out of the fold of paul (not Jesus -the Messiah-peace be upon him - ask medicine woman) I don't care to point the deficiencies of christianity. But here you are taunting ...

Anyways, You must mean that in Christianity all you need is to recognise tha Jesus -peace be upon him- died for your sins and that in Islam you actually have to work for it. I think that it is funny and tragic when you start believing your own spins.

Let me enlighten you. In Islam, In the Qur'an whenever Allah speaks of the believers, He says: Those who believe and do good work/deeds. I find that superior to: "Go kill, ravage the land and the people, and when you are at it, Knoweth that thou willst be forgiven, for thou hath believeth in Christ". Islam teaches you responsability for your deeds.

Also remember:

AN-NISA (WOMEN)

YUSUFALI: Allah forgiveth not (The sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah, Hath strayed far, far away (from the right).

PICKTHAL: Lo! Allah pardoneth not that partners should be ascribed unto Him. He pardoneth all save that to whom He will. Whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah hath wandered far astray.

SHAKIR: Surely Allah does not forgive that anything should be associated with Him, and He forgives what is besides this to whom He pleases; and whoever associates anything with Allah, he indeed strays off into a remote error.

In the end, I understand that you want to share your (religious) experience with us and I respect that. But try and see the other side of it.

Last edited:
But what of your sinful nature? I am a sinner through and through. I cannot please God by good works alone but rather through faith in Him. It is all very well to have the name of Allah on your lips but unless that name resounds in your heart it is like a bell ringing in the church of a ghost town.
How may we come to know the Almighty Allah, the Lord of Hosts? It is through Jesus that we may come to know Allah of course! Jesus said "Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is near". Sins were obviously important to Jesus but moreover it was the sinner that He appealed to! Jesus was speaking to the people of the day however. What of those who were not yet alive or already dead when Jesus was ushering in the Kingdom 2000 years ago? Were those of the flood to have no hope of salvation for the sins they had commited up until their godless lives came to an end? What of their sin? What hope do they have? Thank God for Jesus who preached to those spirits locked in chains so that they might be set free from the bonds of sin that kept them prisoners. It is by Christ's blood that we have new life. Their is no other way in which man may be saved.

peace

c20

c20H25N3o said:
But what of your sinful nature? I am a sinner through and through.

You are not a sinner through and through. It is not your nature to sin. You might commit errors but sin is not your nature. And when you do commit them And you ask for forgiveness and you honestly repent and vie for forgiveness you will be forgiven. And as long as you keep repenting you will be forgiven.

If Allah wanted us not to sin, He would have made us like the angels.

AL-GHAFIR (THE FORGIVER (GOD))

YUSUFALI: Those who sustain the Throne (of Allah) and those around it Sing Glory and Praise to their Lord; believe in Him; and implore Forgiveness for those who believe: "Our Lord! Thy Reach is over all things, in Mercy and Knowledge. Forgive, then, those who turn in Repentance, and follow Thy Path; and preserve them from the Penalty of the Blazing Fire!
PICKTHAL: Those who bear the Throne, and all who are round about it, hymn the praises of their Lord and believe in Him and ask forgiveness for those who believe (saying): Our Lord! Thou comprehendest all things in mercy and knowledge, therefor forgive those who repent and follow Thy way. Ward off from them the punishment of hell.
SHAKIR: Those who bear the power and those around Him celebrate the praise of their Lord and believe in Him and ask protection for those who believe: Our Lord! Thou embracest all things in mercy and knowledge, therefore grant protection to those who turn (to Thee) and follow Thy way, and save them from the punishment of the hell:

YUSUFALI: "And grant, our Lord! that they enter the Gardens of Eternity, which Thou hast promised to them, and to the righteous among their fathers, their wives, and their posterity! For Thou art (He), the Exalted in Might, Full of Wisdom.
PICKTHAL: Our Lord! And make them enter the Gardens of Eden which thou hast promised them, with such of their fathers and their wives and their descendants as do right. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Mighty, the Wise.
SHAKIR: Our Lord! and make them enter the gardens of perpetuity which Thou hast promised to them and those who do good of their fathers and their wives and their offspring, surely Thou are the Mighty, the Wise.

YUSUFALI: "And preserve them from (all) ills; and any whom Thou dost preserve from ills that Day,- on them wilt Thou have bestowed Mercy indeed: and that will be truly (for them) the highest Achievement".
PICKTHAL: And ward off from them ill-deeds; and he from whom Thou wardest off ill-deeds that day, him verily hast Thou taken into mercy. That is the supreme triumph.
SHAKIR: And keep them from evil deeds, and whom Thou keepest from evil deeds this day, indeed Thou hast mercy on him, and that is the mighty achievement.

And,

"
Hadith Qudsi 17:
On the authority of Abu Dharr al-Ghifari (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH) is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord (may He be glorified) is that He said:

O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah).
"

and,

"
Hadith Qudsi 33:
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (PBUH), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:

A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).
"

Your work doesn't give you paradise But the mercy of Allah does. Your deeds only confirm that you are really believing.

c20H25N3o said:
I cannot please God by good works alone but rather through faith in Him. It is all very well to have the name of Allah on your lips but unless that name resounds in your heart it is like a bell ringing in the church of a ghost town.

I agree. Also hearts change.

c20H25N3o said:
How may we come to know the Almighty Allah, the Lord of Hosts? It is through Jesus that we may come to know Allah of course! Jesus said "Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is near". Sins were obviously important to Jesus but moreover it was the sinner that He appealed to! Jesus was speaking to the people of the day however. What of those who were not yet alive or already dead when Jesus was ushering in the Kingdom 2000 years ago? Were those of the flood to have no hope of salvation for the sins they had commited up until their godless lives came to an end? What of their sin? What hope do they have? Thank God for Jesus who preached to those spirits locked in chains so that they might be set free from the bonds of sin that kept them prisoners. It is by Christ's blood that we have new life. Their is no other way in which man may be saved.

I don't agree.

c20H25N3o said:

And to you.

Last edited:
Back