Why do plants not talk?

They don't talk because they don't have anything useful to say.

Speaking of Bush, he doesn't really have a whole lot of useful stuff to say, so that refutes my hypothesis.

There is one kind of plant that will talk to you though, if you embrace it with open arms (or chokes;)).

-Kyle

No, Captain, plants DO talk to us, you just have to have the right hallucinogens to hear them! I've overheard plants prophesize the end of the world, the assassination of Kofi Annan, and worst of all--the trimming of Barbara Streisand's hair! This is all they ever, ever talk about, but to listen, a good combination of pot, crack, ecstacy, heroine, alchohol, and some homegrown mushrooms will do the trick. Plus, you can also converse with the magic green people, you know, the ones about the size of an apple who also enjoy sharing cereal.

WOW!

Pollux, I just started talking about Cereal in the Cookie Monster thread!

-Kyle

a young impressionable kiddy might read this thread and want to hear plants talk, go to their nearest drug dealer and order up all those evil evil substances you talk about and overdose or something. Pollux, how could you! ;)

pot and alcohol are o.k but im not promoting them in any way

This is then best thread on here :D lol A lamp (not a plant) was once looking at me when i smoked some thai grass (cannabis that has been soaked in lsd) I dont know how but i had a sense that it was watching me :eek: :confused: :bugeye: :D

Screaming trees?

Certes, it required hallucinogenic drugs before I understood the band name "Screaming Trees", but I've always been under the impression that trees do attempt to communicate.

When I was little, I learned of an m wave emitted by certain trees when they are cut down; the m wave was apparently consistent whether using an axe, chainsaw, or hand saw. I heard of that when I was 5 or 6, though, and haven't heard much about it since.

However, and while I need to fetch this book from a friend's shelf, Aldous Huxley, in Jesting Pilate describes his visit to Calcutta's Bose Institute, where Mr. JC Bose himself showed Huxley a number of experiments. I don't recall Huxley mentioning the screaming plants, but he did note that they have a heartbeat of sorts, the rate of which can be altered by adjusting the O2 ration in the environment. Huxley noted that he felt sick, watching and listening to a plant "suffocate".

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

lol, yeh, i bet they could end world poverty and solve the mysteries of the universe. infact, maybe thats all they do with their time, figure out things humans havnt got round to yet.

anyways, im off to my bed now its late and im tired and my bed looks very comfy. nite.

lol to stRgrl , it had sunglasses? LOL that lsd must be some good stuff.

As for the rest of the thread..if plants are so intelligent why do they let us eat them and chop them down and smoke them? HUH? :D

As for the rest of the thread..if plants are so intelligent why do they let us eat them and chop them down and smoke them? HUH?

They enjoy it. They enjoy getting eaten, chopped down, burned, whatever. It tickles them, then they're dead. You can even hear them giggling softly as you gobble up your lettuce...

Why do plants not talk ? They're too busy either trying to eat meat or smell like meat.

http://www.carnivorousplants.org/gallery/icpsdisplay.html

http://www.sarracenia.com/faq.html

The corpse flower that started blooming in the University of Washington botany greenhouse yesterday began to collapse this afternoon.” Its once-proud spadix “started its collapse about 24 hours after the plant began to open Wednesday afternoon, when it released its powerful stench, like rotting animal flesh, for several hours.”

sciobs99-11seattle.gif

AWESOME!!! THAT THING WOULD MAKE THE PERFECT LAWN-HALLOWEEN DECORATION!! ROTTING FLESH! W00T!!

Back