Why Didn't God Create Us?

Xerxes

asdfghjkl
Valued Senior Member
Something to ponder;

"If we believe in nothing, if nothing has any meaning, and if we can affirm no values whatsoever, then everything is possible and nothing has any importance. There is no pro and con. The muderer neither right or wrong." -Albert Camus

Comments?

Originally posted by Elbaz
"If we believe in nothing, if nothing has any meaning, and if we can affirm no values whatsoever, then everything is possible and nothing has any importance. There is no pro and con. The muderer neither right or wrong." -Albert Camus
Comments?

I've never met anyone who believes in nothing, thinks that nothing has meaning, and has no values... I don't think such a person can even exist.

However, to the point he seems to be making, I might challenge with: Those who base their belief in authority are in a position to believe whatever that authority might invent, regardless of its veracity. I'll take a healthy skepticism any day over blind devotion to authority.

Think for yourself.

Raithere

Why didn't a big pink elephant create us? or aliens? or Elvis?

You can't prove these statements, and you can't prove that God didn't create us. Just because you can't disprove something doesn't make it likely to be true. That is where evidence comes in.

Originally posted by Elbaz
Something to ponder;

Comments?
I think he's right, except for the pro and con part. One can still evaluate an issue based on personal gain.

Why is it, that people think that humans cannot develop a system of morals and ethics without divine intervention? Why is it that people think themselves to inferior?

Thanks for the responses, folks. Right now I don't have the time to post what I'd like. It's getting a bit late.

I just wanted to inform ya'll that I haven't abandoned my thread, in fact I hope to build on it sometime tomorrow. This and another small discussion I was having with Weiser_Dub over on in general philosophy.

-May Jesus infest your dreams

Back