Why are muslims either called moderates or extremists

Zakariya04

and it was
Valued Senior Member
It just annoys me the way muslims are either called moderates or extremists (or fanatical or fascist).

In my humble opinion you have muslims (the normal so called moderate ones) and then you the extremists which should not be referred to as any type of muslim but should be labeled just terrorist or dickhead or fuck with or what ever, as these guys are clearly not muslims.

pls discuss if you are not too confused with what i have just said in my muddled manner!!

They will always hate Jews, no matter what.
The extremist will try to convert the moderate one.

MythBuster,

not all muslims hate jews, i dont know one muslim who hates jews, the Israeli policies is a different matter and in no way should people be called jew haters or what ever just cos they are against the plicies of the israeli government

Mustafakofi,

if you dont mind me asking where were you brought up as a muslim?

I don't think anyone owns the label muslim, so they label themselves and piggyback on the legitimacy of the religion.

The moderate muslims only kill each other by accident. Usually a protest mob that gets out of control and somebody gets a rock or brick in the head, or you could have ritual stoning tramplings at Mecca or even as recent as bad seamanship. Either way the intent isn't there. Extremists deliberately kill, rape, mutilate, kidnap, torture anyone. Those that are more than moderate or peace loving are educated immigrants.

and my nick name is a badly spell humourous version of my older brothers name, which is mustapha, it was done when I joined, by an ex-boyfriend.
the reason I have never seen a moderate muslim, is.
I now have nothing to do with my family, not since I became sensible, I've been shunned, I could of been executed.
thats how a moderate religion behaves!......

I was shocked to see some Muslims condemning the Danish cartoon, which depicted the prophet Mohammed as a terrorist, holding aloft banners declaring that anyone who opposes the Muslim religion to be beheaded or killed. That just proves the argument of the cartoonist.

yes, i am very embarrased to admit it does spectrum.

A lot to learn they still have!!!?!!????

Musta, that is indeed a shame and a great pity. It saddens my heart to hear. I have a freind here in the UK who is going out with a Turkish muslim Girl called ozzy, her parents seem to be ok with it all.

Of course i dont want to ask you about the details of your dispute with your family, but please try and gather hope for a bright future, perhaps people can mellow out when they get older.

Nonetheless, i still believe there the main stream muslims are what the western media call moderates, and the extramist are in fact just twats. I have always been taught tolerance and respect.

Back