Whther

It's possible, but not practical. Given all of the factors that influence the weather on this planet, (our orbital path around the sun, our axial tilt, naturally occurring smog, etc.), it would take a lot of doing and some pretty fancy tech to set up a system that could analyze how the factors interact and how to get a particular effect from any given combination.

------------------
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight, kill, and die for your right to say it.

Control the weather ?? They can't even predict the weather 24 hours in advance.
I have read that THEY have a lightning gun that will shoot a controlled lightning bolt.
A few years back when some militia groups were appearing before congress, one group claimed to have proof that our goverment had found a way to form tornadoes. That was as far as it got. They were shut up in a hurry.

Tornadoes are simply a condition of conflicting barometric events. They are easy enough to replicate on a small scale under laboratory conditions. With the right equipment, larger scale versions are possible.

As far as predicting the weather, I think they're going about it wrong. They're watching cloud patterns in a two-dimensional frame of mind. The clouds move east, the clouds move west, the clouds move north, the clouds move south. I never hear meteorologists mention up or down, which can have all kinds of effects on the weather. For my part, and for all my love of science, I watch birds and insects when I can't figure the weather out on my own.

------------------
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight, kill, and die for your right to say it.

I was always under the impression that our inability to predict weather was due to our limited ability to solve non linear systems. I think I came to that conclusion some years back after an attempt to read a text on chaos theory. But all that aside isn't this just another way of trying to play god. Its interesting that humans can't seek knowledge just for the sake of knowing, why must we reduce everything to its fundamentals and then exploit them or need to control them.....hmmmmmmmmm yet another fatal flaw in the human animal.

The only "control" over weather that I am familiar with is cloud seeding. If there are clouds present, rainfall can be induced by seeding these clouds with silver iodide via planes similar to crop-dusters. Moisture forms around the silver iodide into droplets large enough to fall as rain.

Oyu sim ot hve spelt "I am a bad speller" prtty wel

------------------
I am; therefore I think.

Back