Who's speaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

battig1370

Registered Senior Member
Hello to whoever can answer this question.

Who is the first person ( I ) that is speaking in the verses below?

The Alpha and Omega said to John,

"He that overcometh, --- to him will I give power over the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron;" --- even as I received of my Father." - (Rev.2:27).

" He that overcometh, --- I will not bot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels." - (Rev.3:5).

" To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne" - (Rev.3:21).

" I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; I will be his God, and he shall be my Son."-(Rev.21:6-7)

Peace be with you, Paul

The reason I asked this question is because some don't believe it was Jesus the Alpha and Omega speaking to John. An example is the Jehovah Wittness's for some reason don't believe it was Jesus speaking.

Peace be with you, Paul

All the above verses mention "my Father". This implies that the verse is being spoken by Christ since He is the son and God is the Father. Do you know who they believe it is?

The first person ( I ) is Jesus the Alpha and Omega. Here, Jesus spoke about Him that overcometh; -who shall be given power over the nations; who will be granted to sit with Jesus in his throne, as Jesus is sat down with his Father throne; -who shall be the Son of Jesus the Alpha and Omega as Jesus is the Son of his Father that shall inherit all things.

The Lamb of the Second Coming is Him that overcometh who was found worthy to open, and to read the book, and took the book out of the right hand of Him that sat upon the throne." (Rev.5:2-7)

Peace be with you, Paul

battig1370 said:
Hello to whoever can answer this question.

Who is the first person ( I ) that is speaking in the verses below?

The Alpha and Omega said to John,

"He that overcometh, --- to him will I give power over the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron;" --- even as I received of my Father." - (Rev.2:27).

" He that overcometh, --- I will not bot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels." - (Rev.3:5).

" To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne" - (Rev.3:21).

" I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; I will be his God, and he shall be my Son."-(Rev.21:6-7)

Peace be with you, Paul

Now what if I wrote a clever little essay and said that it was Jesus, The Alpha and Omega, speaking to me. Would I be believed? Of course not!

But then a man that is clearly not John the Apostle, but some committee of Pauline Congregationalists (afterall no Real Apostle who lived and worked and actually heard Jesus with respect would later conspire to subvert all of His Teachings) fraudulantly presents a spurious forgery to support a man made Doctrine -- you all believe that! What if it were true? Would you Kill the 2nd Coming so you could have Twice As Much Salvation?

Since there are equivalent threads on essentially the same topic, I have closed this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back