Who is the Biggest?

b0urgeoisie

I am the Bourgeois
Registered Senior Member
Most religionists would agree that we exsist as a part of something bigger. Could God be a part of something bigger?

Is it even possible to consider size at all when something has no dimensions? And if something does not have any dimensions is it meaningful to even consider its existence?

Katazia said:
Is it even possible to consider size at all when something has no dimensions? And if something does not have any dimensions is it meaningful to even consider its existence?

Can you describe the dimensions of your consciousness (or mind)?

Indeed, we are all just a minute part of the greatness of Oprah (praise be unto her massive holiness).

Sufi,

Can you describe the dimensions of your consciousness (or mind)?
Certainly. It is contained within the dimensions of my brain. Consciousness/mind is an emergent property of a neural network, which has physical dimensions. Much like a house is an emergent property of a bunch of bricks.

What would be a better analogy would be what is the dimensions of hate or love which we do know exit. Except that these are not objects but descriptions of emotional conditions. However, God in the context of this thread is being identified as a real object, which is quite different to the tactic you are attempting.

Kat

a ring is eternal. it has no starting point or ending point. God is also described this way. could they both be eternal in that they are infinite but some person or thing shaped them?

Nope, there is one God and we couldn't possibly comprehend him with our infinitly smaller minds, compared to his.

I agree we are all part of something bigger, the universe (everything), a god would only be unnecessary excess.

Katazia said:
I agree we are all part of something bigger, the universe (everything), a god would only be unnecessary excess.
M*W: Interesting concept, but a creator type couldn't possibly be any greater than his/her creation. The Mona Lisa is something great, but is da Vinci more or less great than his creation? I say less great. The Sistine Chapel is great, but is it greater than Michelangelo? Yes. My theory is that there is nothing greater than the creation. Therefore, a creator type god who may have created us is not greater than us. Now let's hear it from all those unworthy Christians out there who think god is greater than they are.

Katazia said:
Certainly. It is contained within the dimensions of my brain. Consciousness/mind is an emergent property of a neural network, which has physical dimensions. Much like a house is an emergent property of a bunch of bricks.

What would be a better analogy would be what is the dimensions of hate or love which we do know exit. Except that these are not objects but descriptions of emotional conditions. However, God in the context of this thread is being identified as a real object, which is quite different to the tactic you are attempting.

Kat

Your mind has a size! Where do you explain this emergent property is, inside or outside your brain size?

And where do you explain this emergent property and your emotions are?

If you recognize both 'real objects' and 'descriptions of emotional conditions' as existing, then you recognize both the physical and spiritual... What you need is just to label these emergent properties or descriptions of emotional conditions as 'spritual'?

And why do you define God in the context of this thread to be identified as a real object, but not spiritual?

Back