when I wake up

curioucity

Unbelievable and odd
Registered Senior Member
Hi

I wonder about one thing:
Almost everytime I wake up, when I see something, wall for example, I see something like water ripples, or something that looks like bacteria seen with microscope, or whatever.... basically it doesn't block my sight, it just becomes a transparent 'extra scenery' to me.....
Any explanation please?

Could it be floaters in your eyes? The bacteria bit makes it sound that way, and the 'doesn't block my sight...' bit too. I have a lot of these and if i look at some bright, plain surface they show up like you said.
http://www.vis-ability.com/floaters/floaters.html has some links and a description. I have more tiny round ones like the bacteria-under-a-microscope you mentioned, as well as the stringy ones that come up on that linked site.
The rippley thing sounds familiar too, I get some disturbances in my vision. I got into a panic for a while once by doing to thing of looking up symptoms of pretty awful medical problems then automatically recognising them. I thought I was going to go through Retinal Detatchment :rolleyes: .
aah well, there you go. I don't know a great deal about these things but I recognise the description.

So, it's just a metter of aging? Good to know.... for now.... maybe..... I'm 19......
I just wonder that the link does't say that this happen in certain times only, even though our eyes move a lot (relatively, since our eyes are attached to our active head, right?)......

it's possible that you notice the floaters more after you wake up because you have been lying down. this allows them to concentrare on top/in front of the visual sensors. as the day does on, they'll float down a bit, and may leave your field of vision.

edit: "this would allow them to [float tot he back of your eyeball, right in the center of your view, concentrating where you'll notice them]. As the day goes on [and you spend more time verticle]..."

Last edited:
Back