What?!

What is scaremongering? The costs or the effects of an infection?

I recall that people can die due to tooth infection, so the described effects are accurate.

EDIT: Ah damn, I confused it with a dental abcess, but a tooth infection is not really nice either, I had one once and it was damn painful (the existing of the tooth and the extraction) and disgusting. No, that site is not kidding.

Just a short informative overview

Last edited:
Reduce your life expectancy??? I've had a molar out! :(

I choose not to believe this.

I think the idea is chronic month infection reduce life span as the bacteria cause sepsis and damage to the heart and circulatory system.

LOL, quite possibly! When u lose teeth, it is usually your larger ones like the molars. These are the teeth we use when eating vegetable matter so u could in theory be correct!

No I remember my microbiology Prof. yelling about this, how dental hygiene increases life span, crazy SOB. Everything revolves around microbes to those people.

Yes but I would have thought dental hygeine was more of a problem if u still have your teeth in. Longevity should be increased with extractions which is the opposite of what's being said here!

maybe you avoid more healthy food when you are misisng teeth on average.

Absence of teeth doesn't interfere with swallowing of vitamins and other medicines.

My mother in law had all her teeth removed when she was a teenager... she's 79, strong as an ox and still going.

My mother in law had all her teeth removed when she was a teenager

Pardon, but I'm curious: why? What condition may cause such horror?

Oh, btw, teeth can be replaced by artificial ones. Would that spur unpreferable bacteria and such?

She say's that after her brother was wrongfully hanged for murder, she reacted with severe pain in all her teeth and the only remedy was to remove them. I'm sure she's missing out some other facts but then, she is uneducated and we Are talking about Cyprus, in the 20's.

tablariddim said:
My mother in law had all her teeth removed when she was a teenager... she's 79, strong as an ox and still going.

The reduction in longevity will be a statistical one.

There are plenty of smokers who remain vital until a very old age. That doesn't mean that smoking has no effect on the average health.

Back