What would you do....

*stRgrL*

Kicks ass
Valued Senior Member
Sorry guys, Im deathly bored here at work. So, what would ya'll do if you received a check for $1,000,000?

I would buy my grandmother a house in WA, and then I would buy myself a nice little cottage in Oregon and a vacation home in Italy. And then put some away for my daughters education and then put myself through school to become an Archaelogist (my dream profession) - and of course GO SHOPPING!!!! Take a few years off, then go to work in the fantastic field of Archaelogy. I know, I know, Im thee most exciting person in here!
:D

Take care all and have a super-groovy weekend :)

Realistically: I'd invest it and live off the interest so that I could be lazy and never work. Then I'd sit around and bore myself to death. Pehaps have more time to post here.

Unrealistically: I'd buy up a radio station so that I could force people to be exposed to radio drama. Then, I'd bribe George Lucas into giving me a background part in Episode III.

I would

Build my dreamhouse, buy a boat, invest in financial markets to make even more money,...then I would start a politic party,...to push some changes,...and after I changed the world,...I (hopefully) would live with some nice girl in a nice little cottage in eehm,....Oregon? hehehe;)

I'd either start work on that "Classified project".

Or just buy some magic beans, nobody ever does that any more, the bean salesmen of the world are suffer from financial instability caused by stories of old about magic beanstalks and falling giants.

(Okay I was writing that for humour, not for bean counting)

I'd invest most of it, so I could limit working at a job just for the money. I'd also buy a house so I'd have somewhere to live while I figure out what I could work in that wasn't just for money. Plus I'd take all my friends out to dinner, and cause absolute chaos. Then finally get that job at Mcdonald's I've been poundering throughout this post.

"I want a job with the least responsibility possible" - American Beauty.

Bank it and spend the interest.
Go shopping, buy a car - learn to drive take time off work and visit my friends go to America, Austrialia - buy massive can of sipder repeellant to take to Austrailia, give some to cancer research - some to childrens hospice. Take my mum and sis shoping and generaly have fun.

First I would buy a Synergy hockey stick. Next I would buy a new guitar (probably a Les Paul). After that, I would use the remaining $998,000 and go to Africa. Once in Africa I would start offereing EVERY citizen double their current pay to be part of my militia. I woudl take over the entirity of Africa and eventually would move on to Europe. Of course, I wouldn't actually reveal myself as the leader. No no, at first I would pay a guy to be my 'puppet-leader'. So that if they try and assasinate me, they would kill him.

Back