What the world needs is more fundamentalist atheists

leda

Registered Senior Member
Face it, religions haven't made the world better. If people actually realised that we have a very short life and then we're gone forever, would that be so bad? Religion is a mental illness, I think we need to start researching a cure.

Welcome, Leda! You are right. I think of religion as being an addiction. Studies have shown that there is a spiritual molecule called DMT that manifests in the brain through hallucinations and religious fervor. A good example of this mental illness is when Paul of Tarsus fell off his horse in an epileptic seizure, hit his head on a rock, and hallucinated that he had heard Jesus talking to him, and thus, created Christianity from his hallucinations! Christianity is a form of mental illness. Fortunately, it is the fastest declining religion worldwide, so there is hope for a cure.

Ah the same with Mohammad who sees visions after an epileptic seizure.

Anyway I think the fastest declining religion is Judaism. Right?

I'm not sure you can be a 'fundamentalist' atheist. Thats an oxymoron isnt it?

Anyway, sure religion brings more harm than good in the modern world. It is extremely outdated and irrational. But people go ahead and believe anyway because its easy and a copout. If you look at the trend, religion is on its way out, at least in advanced countries. I wish it would speed up though....

Back