Votes: 4 50.0%
  • It Was Too Complex For Me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its a Bunch of Crap / I Fell Asleep

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

TrappedInIce

Registered Member
I'm curious to hear other peoples opinions about this movie.
Personally I find science AND spirituallity both very interesting.

It didn't present anything new to me personally, but I'm glad it's out there for those who need a "revelation". I liked the twitch in the end, where you see that this woman was channeling the whole time. The images I remember the strongest from it, are the ones in how watermolecules are affected by words.

I picked up the book they were reffering to..it's really interesting, and i've started my own experiments at home. Writing love on your water jug makes such a difference..especially when you're feeling ill.

I watched the movie after drinking lots. Lots and lots. The movie started to make me ill, as it was ALL WRONG, and I ended up crawling under a pingpong table trying to pry the ideas from my ethanol soaked membranes, where I passed out.

When I woke up, though, I was no longer under the pingpong table, but back in front of the television.

I was thinking about watching it, but since I don't rent movies much, I kinda have other things I would watch first. is it worth seeing? keep in mind that I have not see the new star wars movie yet, that is how uninterested in movies I am at the moment.

Cato - It depends on what your interests are...the movie gives you some top field scientists views on reality, the brain, the mind and even a bit about god, usuing the ever mystifying field that is quantum mechanics. I learned a few new things. It all depends on how deep down the rabbit hole you want to go....LOL

Pseudoscientific mystical crap wrapped in a thin veil of scientific terminology while abusing QM criminally.

Answer to the thread title: Not a goddamned thing.

Pseudoscientific mystical crap wrapped in a thin veil of scientific terminology while abusing QM criminally.

That's how I felt!
Except, I was incoherent and fighty.

Yeah, but I have a natural resistance to that which isn't intuitive. QM isn't intuitive. In fact, it's counter-intuitive. Anything that deviates from my Newtonian understanding of the universe is met with fear and hostility.

I'd make such a great angry mob member.

THE EARTH IS FLAT, THE EARTH IS FLAT!! :D
p.s. The program by Sir Martin Rees really is of a much higher scientifical quality.

I agree, I don't know if you're joking but I hate quantum mechanics.
I think it's wrong. It contradicts everything else I know about the universe.
Even if it's true, I think you'd have to be a clueless faggot with no understanding of the real world to discover it or even believe in it.
You'd need to be a clean slate of ignorance for it to sit right with you.

Interesting, but stupid. I hated it. It was very strange. I think it gives a bad name to quantum mechanics. And I like QM.

Oh, and the water jug experiment was a load of bs.

I don't know how it could be "enlightening" for anyone. It didn't really have much of a message. It was basically just "reality is based in perception." I didn't find it to be that deep either. It was rather simple philosophy that any 10-year old has thought of (but with extra QM bs)

All it did was suggest simple philosophies and give a bad name to quantum mechanics.

Another thing I find odd - everyone at my church thought it was excellent, and that it gave them a whole new perception on God and awareness. I have noticed that everyone I know who likes the movie is a liberal, and everyone I know who hated it is a conservative. Interesting.

Back