What secrets are hidden in the church of Rennes-le-Chateau?

Medicine*Woman

Jesus: Mythstory--Not History!
Valued Senior Member
M*W: This is a subject I have studied for more than 20 years. What's the latest... anybody know? Got any ideas on this enigma? For a time I believed that Jesus must be buried there, but now I believe Jesus didn't exist, so it cannot be his bones in the area. It would be no surprise if Mary Magdalen were allegedly buried there, but I don't believe she existed either. Then what is the big hidden secret?

Do you know anything MW??? If so, please post what you know here. The subject intrigues me, but if someone who has studied it that long could reveal anything, I won't have to search for 20 years. :)

illuminatingtherapy said:
Do you know anything MW??? If so, please post what you know here. The subject intrigues me, but if someone who has studied it that long could reveal anything, I won't have to search for 20 years. :)

M*W: You're right. What I know is that there is 'something' buried in or around the little church at Rennes-le-Chateau. I've read all the books I could find on the subject. There appears to be an underground tunnel system. Some theories say that Jesus is buried there. Other theories say Mary Magdalen is buried there, but I don't believe in the existence of either of them. Therefore, what could Beringer Sauniere have found? Was it written in the parchments? Did he dig anything up? Why was he refused last rites by the RCC? There is something enigmatic with the words over the entrance way that say, "This place is terrible." Why is this place "terrible?" Why didn't Saurinere receive last rites from the RCC? What did he know that we don't?

I personally believe that Jesus didn't exist as a human being. Therefore, Mary Magdalen didn't exist. I believe what Beringer Saurniere found was the proof of this. No Jesus -- no RCC! Simple!

`
What would constitute such proof of Jesus' non-existence, though ?

I mean something the church would consider so concrete that they would not at least endeavor to destroy it ?

Now, I grant you, I have done a mere 20 minutes or so research into this as opposed to your much more thorough effort, but the fact that this priest apparently came into some spendolas all of a sudden and went nuts with a kooky redecorating project seems to me to speak suggestively of a trace or three of lysergic acid in his rye flour as much as anything else.

I had heard of this Rennes-le-Chateau church and its connexion to something "mysterious", but when the whole Da Vinci Code business made its splash, I figured it was something akin to Erich von Daniken's fiddling with seemingly convincing "ancient data" and cobbling together some sort of "evidence" of long-ago visitors from outer space.

What do you know about this Beringer Sauniere's life before he supposedly found the secret documents/treasure/etc. ?

Killjoy said:
What would constitute such proof of Jesus' non-existence, though ?

I mean something the church would consider so concrete that they would not at least endeavor to destroy it ?

Now, I grant you, I have done a mere 20 minutes or so research into this as opposed to your much more thorough effort, but the fact that this priest apparently came into some spendolas all of a sudden and went nuts with a kooky redecorating project seems to me to speak suggestively of a trace or three of lysergic acid in his rye flour as much as anything else.

I had heard of this Rennes-le-Chateau church and its connexion to something "mysterious", but when the whole Da Vinci Code business made its splash, I figured it was something akin to Erich von Daniken's fiddling with seemingly convincing "ancient data" and cobbling together some sort of "evidence" of long-ago visitors from outer space.

What do you know about this Beringer Sauniere's life before he supposedly found the secret documents/treasure/etc. ?

M*W: Without looking it up, I recall that the Abbe was poor and from the local area. His housekeeper, Marie Denaraude (i.e. mistress?), were close. He found the "parchments" in an altar pillar. He took the parchments to a psychic in Paris with whom he was familiar (i.e. mistress?). The parchments were deciphered and he became very wealthy overnight. His housekeeper knew what the deciphered parchments were about. He rebuilt the little church at Rennes-le-Chateau, albeit in strange motif. He died on January 17, an enigmatic day, yet no one still knows why. He was refused last rights by his RCC. Marie Denaraude went to her grave, precisely on January 17, and is buried next to the Abbe.

Researchers have come up with all kinds of theories, yet no one knows the truth behind the secrets of Rennes-le-Chateau.

Could be why he was able to build a church, and why the housekeeper burned money when the currency changed, because the Catholic Empire knew that Jesus didn't exist too, and paid him alot to keep his mouth shut.

illuminatingtherapy said:
Could be why he was able to build a church, and why the housekeeper burned money when the currency changed, because the Catholic Empire knew that Jesus didn't exist too, and paid him alot to keep his mouth shut.

M*W: Maybe that's the mystery. There was some talk of moving the Abbe's remains to another location outside his villa, and the followers of this enigma let their voice be heard to leave his remains where they were. Seeing as how the Church refused the Abbe last rites, I think he found out that Jesus didn't really exist. Researchers and other pilgrims go to Rennes-le-Chateau in the hopes of digging around the area. I believe it has been outlawed by the RCC and the French government. I believe the mystery involves more than Jesus and Mary Magdalen having children together. There's got to be something shocking that would bring down the RCC if made public. Without a Jesus, there would be no christianity.

Medicine Woman said:
M*W: Without looking it up, I recall that the Abbe was poor and from the local area. His housekeeper, Marie Denaraude (i.e. mistress?), were close. He found the "parchments" in an altar pillar. He took the parchments to a psychic in Paris with whom he was familiar (i.e. mistress?). The parchments were deciphered and he became very wealthy overnight. His housekeeper knew what the deciphered parchments were about. He rebuilt the little church at Rennes-le-Chateau, albeit in strange motif. He died on January 17, an enigmatic day, yet no one still knows why. He was refused last rights by his RCC. Marie Denaraude went to her grave, precisely on January 17, and is buried next to the Abbe.

Researchers have come up with all kinds of theories, yet no one knows the truth behind the secrets of Rennes-le-Chateau.

I wondered if he might have been someone who had been known to experience "visions" or some such before making his discovery, and that perhaps he had made the alterations to the church in accordance with some alternate cosmology which had already been percolating away in his mind.

Could what was discovered have been something like the Nag Hammadi Library material, or at least alternate gospels which portrayed Jesus differently than the RCC had defined him ?

I'm used to thinking of all those Gnostic/Apocryphal/"non-standard" texts as having been known of by scholars, tho' dismissed by the church as mumbo-jumbo.

Killjoy said:
I wondered if he might have been someone who had been known to experience "visions" or some such before making his discovery, and that perhaps he had made the alterations to the church in accordance with some alternate cosmology which had already been percolating away in his mind.

Could what was discovered have been something like the Nag Hammadi Library material, or at least alternate gospels which portrayed Jesus differently than the RCC had defined him ?

I'm used to thinking of all those Gnostic/Apocryphal/"non-standard" texts as having been known of by scholars, tho' dismissed by the church as mumbo-jumbo.

M*W: "Cosmology" is the buzz word. Nowhere have I read that he experienced "visions." What he found was a mystery to him, so he took it to Paris, had it deciphered, and then showed it to Church higher-ups. I believe he was removed from his parish post

There is this whole other theory about the great cathedrals in France were built according to certain stars. In fact, those cathedrals were built in the position of a pentagram. This is something different but enigmatic just as well.

Since Abbe was refused last rites, I believe it had something to do with the proof he found that Jesus was just made-up which was perpetuated by the Church.

After his death, Marie Denauraude lived in luxury til her death and never revealed the secret.

After reading the Gnostic Gospels, including the new Judas Gospel, I'm convinced that both the Old and New Testaments (especially the NT), are based on astro-theology.

One very important clue in the little church are the depictions in the stations of the cross. They involve a night-time by moonlight scene of three people taking Jesus out of the tomb. Being Passover, under a full/new moon, would have been a terrible violation of Jewish Law.

In another scene, a christ-child is wearing a Scottish tartan.

One of the most omenous features of the church is the devil holding up the baptismal font. That devil is Asmodeus, the same demon who was stationed at Solomon's Temple.

Another theory which has proven true on many occasions is that beneath the Catholic shrines (at least in France and Rome) there are remnants of pagan altars. It's well known that the RCC took over these pagan altars and built churches. The great cathedrals of France, built by the Freemasons and Knights Templar, are architecturally feminine with their entryways appearing to be vulva-like.

But for the researchers looking for Jesus' bones there, they won't ever find them.

You may have a strong point there, Killjoy. He could have found alternate gospels, or texts portraying Jesus in a manner that didn't fit the RCC. I don't think the church dismisses these texts as mumbojumbo, I think it's the opposite. They take them very seriously, cause there's a hell of a lot more straightforward divine knowledge in them. Knowledge that isn't appropriate for the masses to know, cause then the church as it is today would be proven wrong or false.

Medicine Woman said:
M*W: This is a subject I have studied for more than 20 years. What's the latest... anybody know? Got any ideas on this enigma? For a time I believed that Jesus must be buried there, but now I believe Jesus didn't exist, so it cannot be his bones in the area. It would be no surprise if Mary Magdalen were allegedly buried there, but I don't believe she existed either. Then what is the big hidden secret?

Hope someone digs up that area.

Crunchy Cat said:
Hope someone digs up that area.

M*W: A certain amount of digging was done by the priest, at night. No one knows what he was looking for or what he found. One theory is that he uncovered some 'treasure' like gold. OTOH, another theory is that the 'treasure' was a great secret. This is what I believe, and that he was paid hush-money. Ultimately, I believe he found proof that Jesus didn't exist.

In the Languedoc in France, there are relics of Mary Magdalen such as a skull with hair and a finger bone. I tend to believe now that MM didn't exist either. All of those relics associated with churches could be fakes. After all, it was Constantine's mother who 'found' all those relics including a piece of the 'true' crucifix. It would be no secret for a relic of MM to be found at that church. Maybe the Abbe found an ossuary of an infant that was said to belong to Jesus and MM. I still cannot convine myself that they were real humans.

Then, there are the enigmatic paintings of Poissin and Teniers. I've studied them and cannot find anything obvious other than the pentagrams they hold. Pentagrams would suggest something Satanic about the RCC. If not directly Satanic, at lease something evil.

Most interesting indeed. So, lets say a group of folks were to travel to this site, what could they do to find the truth about the place?

Crunchy Cat said:
Most interesting indeed. So, lets say a group of folks were to travel to this site, what could they do to find the truth about the place?

M*W: Well, with the laws banning digging, the most people could do (and there are pilgrimages going there all the time), would be to just look for themselves and try to figure it out. There's a ton of books written on this place. I've been there back in the late 70s, but I didn't know at that time how enigmatic it was. The books started coming out in the early 80s. It's become a hot tourist spot.

Think there might be times of the year where some mass digging could commence without tipping anyone off? Or is it just too popular?

Long time no see, MW -

The so called mystery of Rennes le Chateau involves more than just this one tiny village. If you want to concentrate on it though, you might want to look into Sauniere's "hidden" room that's adjacent to the church. Who, at one point, may have been staying there? And what about the beehive-like houses that can be found not far from RLC? If we go even further beyond the village, what's the connection with Shugborough? And if you wish to travel in time, why were the Nazi (O.Rahn, A.Gadal) so interested in the Cathars? Why were they also very interested in van Eyck's Ghent Altarpiece of which one panel is still missing?

About Sauniere's act of confession; doesn't it strike you as odd that he chose to stick to the rite of confession at all, if - as it's assumed - he found that there was something wrong with the catholic church/religion. Why bother confessing to the catholic priest if you think their entire religion is bunk?

Just some questions :)

Medicine Woman said:
Since Abbe was refused last rites, I believe it had something to do with the proof he found that Jesus was just made-up which was perpetuated by the Church.

sauniere was a cure not an abbe.

somehow i dont think it was proof that jesus didnt exist, because what kind of conclusive proof can you ever find that someone didn't exist? writings? documents? they are just someone's word, and could always be disputed since there are so many other old documents like the bible and the various gnostic gospels that mention him as extant. it would just be one document vs. another, which doesn't mean shit to the RCC. it would have to be something compelling enough on its own to wrest power from the RCC and confer it upon whoever posessed it. it has been speculated that everything from the ark of the covenant to the holy grail to the spear of destiny was in the possession of the templars/the cathars/the priory in and around the area of rennes le chateau. hitler even sent teams of nazis to dig in and around the area. nothing has ever been found, most likely because it has been moved. probably a long time ago. rennes le chateau is just a stop along the line for whatever it is.

Hi,

I seem to be one of the odd people out here, as I believe that Jesus did exist, and was in fact the son of God.
I agree that whatever was found could not disprove the existence of Jesus, as what document could possibly confirm such a thing, and who could write a document that would be taken to be true above all others.
A cup or any other item would also be unable to disprove the existence of Jesus. Unless people think perhaps a spacecraft was found.
There have been rumours of certain books of the bible, written by women, that were removed from the bible, and these perhaps, if they exist, could be what was found. For the church was a male ran organisation.
Alternatively a secret in respect to a prominent and influential figure, respected both politically and by the church could have been the secret. Let us not forget that their media is not like that of today, and as such secrets may have been easier to hide, and as such keep hidden.
It would also not be too far out of the realms of imagination to imagine that if the secret involved someone important enough they could have people killed.

I am new to the concept of the 'Holy Grail', and despite having come to no real personal conclusion as to what form the 'Grail' takes, I do believe there are a lot of answers, and with enough people thinking and searching they will eventually be out.

The concept that you can draw any conclusions from supposition based on admittedly no actual knowledge whatever, seems to me to speak volumes.

It is just as well that this is not a christian presenting an opposite argument on this basis as he/she would be the subject of great invective from the atheist contributors!

regards,

Gordon.

Back