what part of the bible..?

Non-Logical-Idea-Guy

Fat people can't smile.
Registered Senior Member
someone mentioned it as a reply and i can't find it.

what part of the bible says - non believers will be brought before christ and slaughtered

and - adulterers will be stoned to death - i really want to find it in the bible.

what part of the bible says - non believers will be brought before christ and slaughtered

and - adulterers will be stoned to death - i really want to find it in the bible.
M*W: That sounds like something Paul (Apollo) would say, so check the NT epistles.

When the speaker says, "...shall be brought before Christ" that only means that the deed shall be done during the daylight hours. I say this, because "Christ," the metaphorical "salvation of mankind," means nothing but the Sun. That's the myth of it all. To believe anything more anthropomorphically of a "god-being" is mere fantasy. The only "god" of the Earth is the Sun.

I'm not Christian, but the first thing definitely sounds incorrect; Jesus never condoned slaughter or killing.

The second thing is probably in Deuteronomy, which is full of ridiculous laws and regulations.

On Punishing ‘Immorality’

Leviticus 20:9
If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.
20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.
20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.
Deuteronomy 22:20-1 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.
Exodus 35:2
For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.
On Destroying Other People

Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.
20:10-17 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. . . . This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.
However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.
On the Evil of Biblical Law

Ezekiel 20:25-26 I also gave them over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by; I let them become defiled through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn—that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the LORD.
On Slavery & Subjugation of Women

Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.
1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men.
2:18 Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.
Leviticus 25:44-45
Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.
Jesus, on His Second Coming

Matthew 24:29-34
[T]he sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken. . . . They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. . . . I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. [Emphasis added.]
16:27-28
For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done. I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.
Scientific Errors

(1) Rabbits don’t chew cud.
Deuteronomy 14:6-7
You may eat any animal that has a split hoof divided in two and that chews the cud. However, of those that chew the cud or that have a split hoof completely divided you may not eat the camel, the rabbit, or the coney.
(2) No insects (including grasshoppers) are 4-legged.
Leviticus 11:20-22
All flying insects that walk on all fours are to be detestable to you. There are, however, some winged creatures that walk on all fours that you may eat: those that have jointed legs for hopping on the ground. Of these you may eat any kind of locust, katydid, cricket or grasshopper.
(3) This is only possible on a flat earth.
Matthew 4:8
Again the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.
(4) pi does not = 3.
1 Kings 7:23
He made the Sea of cast metal, circular in shape, measuring ten cubits from rim to rim . . . It took a line of thirty cubits to measure around it.
(5) The earth moves. It does not have a foundation.
Psalms 104:5
He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.
Selected Contradictions

(1)
2 Kings 2:11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.
John 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.
(2)
Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Exodus 32:14 Then the Lord relented and did not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened.
(3)
Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith . . . not by works.
James 2:14-17 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? . . . Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
Revelation 22:12 Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.
(4) (Jesus speaking)
Matthew 5:16 Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven.
Matthew 6:1 Be careful not to do your ‘acts of righteousness’ before men, to be seen by them.
(5) (Jesus speaking)
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
Matthew 10:34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
(6)
Genesis 32:30 So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and my life was preserved.”
Exodus 33:11 The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend.
John 1:18 No one has ever seen God.
(7) (Jesus speaking)
John 5:31 If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid.
John 8:14 Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid.

I should hope they do not "wonder" why.
Morrals have continually decayed in modern times. It has become accepted that morals change even if it is for the worse.

Homosexuality acceptance today is forseeable.

Christ said that he who lies with a man or uses men for unnatural practices will not inherit God's Kingdom. Jesus means here that there is no room Sex outside the establishment that God intended. That being between a man and woman who have dedicated a oath to a life time bond of loyalty.

Our world dosesn't accept loyalty in any form currently It has become wholely driven on selfish desires rather than what God intended. That is expected because according to scripture we are living in Satan's world not God.s 99% of all the religions are unknowingly serving his purpose to turn as many people against God before he bites the big one.

IF you lived during the time at which Leviticus was writing having sex with a man would have been a death penalty and rightly so. Homosexuallity wasn't used in anything other than depraved hostility against strangers. Some churches use this as bad reasoning to allow homosexuality within the church but God nor Jesus never amends his Laws to stay away from same sex.

God knew that this was damaging not only to other individuals and and unproductive for the sake of children but that it also damages the body as well and it was and still is a medically unsound practice.
Without the bond of marriage homosexuality would spread STD's from persuing sex outside of marriage.

God made marriage it'self a fair bond.
Fair for women and men to chose a mate under a union that would be dedicated to protecting the offspring which were produced. A Mother to nurture a Father to guide direct and provide.

Two men or two women require no life bond assurances to each other. They will never produce any children to require protection. Two men are self sufficient of themselves to not require support of another (especially in bible times) and two women are also incapable of bringing children about but notably two women are ill equiped to protect one another even in todays world which is why the bible decribes woman as the helper and the fine vase ( a weaker vessel) meant to be guarded and protected.

While our society has adapted it has not and likely never will progress beyond the need of such rolls between genders.

99% of all the religions are unknowingly serving his purpose to turn as many people against God before he bites the big one.

And many of that 99 % feel that they are on the right path and you are on the wrong one.

IF you lived during the time at which Leviticus was writing having sex with a man would have been a death penalty and rightly so.

The vast majority of homosexuals are genetically predisposed to be that way.It is not a "learned" behavior as many christian fundamentalists would have you believe.
You are just viewing God thru the eyes of the uptight, ultra patriarchial jewish priesthood...totally cultural and nothing more.

Morrals have continually decayed in modern times. It has become accepted that morals change even if it is for the worse.

Christ said that he who lies with a man or uses men for unnatural practices will not inherit God's Kingdom. Jesus means here that there is no room Sex outside the establishment that God intended. That being between a man and woman who have dedicated a oath to a life time bond of loyalty.

Our world dosesn't accept loyalty in any form currently It has become wholely driven on selfish desires rather than what God intended. That is expected because according to scripture we are living in Satan's world not God.s 99% of all the religions are unknowingly serving his purpose to turn as many people against God before he bites the big one.

IF you lived during the time at which Leviticus was writing having sex with a man would have been a death penalty and rightly so. Homosexuallity wasn't used in anything other than depraved hostility against strangers. Some churches use this as bad reasoning to allow homosexuality within the church but God nor Jesus never amends his Laws to stay away from same sex.

God knew that this was damaging not only to other individuals and and unproductive for the sake of children but that it also damages the body as well and it was and still is a medically unsound practice.
Without the bond of marriage homosexuality would spread STD's from persuing sex outside of marriage.

Fair for women and men to chose a mate under a union that would be dedicated to protecting the offspring which were produced. A Mother to nurture a Father to guide direct and provide.

Two men or two women require no life bond assurances to each other. They will never produce any children to require protection. Two men are self sufficient of themselves to not require support of another (especially in bible times) and two women are also incapable of bringing children about but notably two women are ill equiped to protect one another even in todays world which is why the bible decribes woman as the helper and the fine vase ( a weaker vessel) meant to be guarded and protected.

While our society has adapted it has not and likely never will progress beyond the need of such rolls between genders.

Sorry Saquist, but this is the lengthiest tripe I've read for the month...

Last edited:
And many of that 99 % feel that they are on the right path and you are on the wrong one.

No doubt. Perception though isn't the question...only truth. Medicine Woman believes this...You believe that, the good member above believes another...

But the question is who is?

The vast majority of homosexuals are genetically predisposed to be that way.It is not a "learned" behavior as many christian fundamentalists would have you believe.
You are just viewing God thru the eyes of the uptight, ultra patriarchial jewish priesthood...totally cultural and nothing more.

It is definitely a learned behavior..but it also to some extent chemical aswell.
But Nova...how could you know from where I'm viewing anything...you're not even in the same room.

Sorry Saquist, but this is the lengthiest tripe I've read for the month.

All systems require order to function. Disfunction is disruption. That is essentially what sexual behavior outside the protection of marriage is. Disruption. It exposes many to risk...a Risk you may feel is neglible.

Tell me EnterpriseD do you have parents?

"If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house."

Wow, that sounds like true wisdom from the book of god, and something jesus christ would preach. Oh wait. the bible isn't the word of god? oh wait. Only the parts that you like are the word of god.

...And I thought i'd tear it apart surgically.

By whose standards? Those as discovered by scientific principle and perhaps the principle of non-interference in others lives as Picard et al would embrace? Or those of the theist regimes who seek to control and suppress?

Perhaps before posting this, you should have looked up current divorce rates that shatter these man-woman oaths to a lifetime bond of loyalty.

I sort of agree with this, except that religions have not become selfish, they've just perpetuated their original behaviours, adapting to modern methods, such as politics, economics and psychology.

This I have never heard of. Your own King David was written as very loving to his male companion Jonathan. Bear in mind of course, that we're talking about a very old compendium of fiction.

Really. How about infertile women? Maybe they're useless too? And how is homosexuality damaging medically? Are you a medical doctor or a graphics designer?

LOL you are not serious. You are simply not serious. "A lack of marriage would cause homosexuality to spread STDs" ?? Under what ancient century did you find this utter garbage buried? Are you a statistician? Did you or anyone else in the universe interview a significant portion of people afflicted with STDs to even begin to prove this crap?

What makes you think a single mother is incapable of raising offspring? Or an Uncle? A great aunt?

Two men or two women require no life bond assurances to each other. They will never produce any children to require protection.

Then the fact that two individuals of the same sex are even willing to try to stay together in a committed relationship is all the more celebratory as they are voluntarily pursuing a life bond.

Perhaps you should take into consideration the loveless marriages that there are...of any orientation even, including heterosexual.

Two men are self sufficient of themselves to not require support of another (especially in bible times) and two women are also incapable of bringing children about but notably two women are ill equiped to protect one another even in todays world which is why the bible decribes woman as the helper and the fine vase ( a weaker vessel) meant to be guarded and protected.

One individual human being is self sufficient. One human being, male or female, does not require anyone else for anything.

Does she look like a fine vase to you?

chyna2001.jpg

Does he look like a protector to you?

urkel.jpg

Sorry, but I've worked for female executives, and my own staff is mixed gender. I am witness to a powerful politician, and she is a lesbian. With a girlfriend. Earth will progress beyond the necessity of gender rolls, rather we will evolve such that the rolls are choice.

If you're allowed to propagate these prehistoric prejudices, I fear for the future of the Federation.

That scripture is quite consistent with Jewish Law. Because according to Romans all men sinned and fallen short of the glory of God all men deserve the only wages that sin or falling short pay...death.

We're all deserving but the difference is that Jesus died as substition for all the imperfect sacrifices that the Israelites were commanded to give for sin or wrong doing. Like, is irrelevant if one really wants to do what God requires...but their are those that exactly how you describe...fabricating, slicing and dicing the scriptures....

Truth is most humans adapt the truth atheist and those that pretend to fear god.

All systems require order to function. Disfunction is disruption.

Spoken like a true Borg drone. Have you never heard of chaotic systems?

That is essentially what sexual behavior outside the protection of marriage is. Disruption. It exposes many to risk...a Risk you may feel is neglible.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Saquist..a virus is not stopped buy a quaint little commitment ceremony. Marriage does not stop infidelity. Maybe you live on a different Earth than I do...but in my opinion that persons who hide under the illusion that marriage is a magic protector are the ones who are labouring under the misapprehension that their sexual habits are riskless.

Tell me EnterpriseD do you have parents?

A typical fear angle you're starting. Other than the fact that as a Starship I have four hundred and eighty parents of varying genders :D, this tack is irrelevant. Seriously though, if my dad or mom were homosexual, I obviously would not be born. This is a hard fact of life. Placing the fear of not being born into your reader is Vatican propaganda.

...And I thought i'd tear it apart surgically.

I'd appreciate your best shot...

By whose standards? Those as discovered by scientific principle and perhaps the principle of non-interference in others lives as Picard et al would embrace? Or those of the theist regimes who seek to control and suppress?

Who's standards do you require...How Low or High would your rate your chosen standards. I'll let you decided .

The only 'suppression' the bible speaks of are of a people that had promised to follow god and entered into a legal binding covenant of honor and protection.

Perhaps before posting this, you should have looked up current divorce rates that shatter these man-woman oaths to a lifetime bond of loyalty.

This is not your best shot is it? The question is not how what goes wrong in a system but the balance of a perfect system. We are establishing morral ground not an immoral one.

I sort of agree with this, except that religions have not become selfish, they've just perpetuated their original behaviours, adapting to modern methods, such as politics, economics and psychology.

compromising your morals is one of the fastest ways of loosing them. See the Catholic church as well as many other throw scripture away without regard to the one who made that law shows they're thinking outside of God's wishes.

This I have never heard of. Your own King David was written as very loving to his male companion Jonathan. Bear in mind of course, that we're talking about a very old compendium of fiction.

You're talking Fiction...I speak only of testimony.

Really. How about infertile women? Maybe they're useless too? And how is homosexuality damaging medically? Are you a medical doctor or a graphics designer?

I guess you've never seen the results of years sodomy can inflict on the rectal walls...I assure you that the muscle that was meant to act as a valve to the inner intestine is a ONE way path. I'd hate to describe on the forum the results of being incapable of closing that valve which is normally an involuntary action.

LOL you are not serious. You are simply not serious. "A lack of marriage would cause homosexuality to spread STDs" ?? Under what ancient century did you find this utter garbage buried? Are you a statistician? Did you or anyone else in the universe interview a significant portion of people afflicted with STDs to even begin to prove this crap?

Intresting...STD's are spread how? Through sexual contact. An exposure to blood and semen and vaginal fluid that occurs in both hetrosexual and homosexual contact...

What century? That would be the one where we found out contraceptive like condoms prevent the spread of AIDS. Where do you come from...where this is no true?

What makes you think a single mother is incapable of raising offspring? Or an Uncle? A great aunt?

I KNOW because I was.

Then the fact that two individuals of the same sex are even willing to try to stay together in a committed relationship is all the more celebratory as they are voluntarily pursuing a life bond.

Based on...what? The current divorce rate which you mention above? You're Contradicting yourself. What would possibily make a homosexual relationship more powerfull...Flowerpower perhaps?

Perhaps you should take into consideration the loveless marriages that there are...of any orientation even, including heterosexual.

It looks like you need that reminder more than me. Your argument is going to be stuck invariably on this reality. My position is to represent the perfect system not the imperfect system of infidelity that you are using as an example.

One individual human being is self sufficient. One human being, male or female, does not require anyone else for anything.

Does she look like a fine vase to you?
Only if she'll be norm and not the exception.
That was not a good attempt at a good point Enterprise. I think I'll have the opportunity to show you.

Does he look like a protector to you?

Only if he becomes the standard and not the exception. You see you're thriving so much in this worlds standard of "normal" that you see the bad and the exceptions as a position of strenght when indeed there not.

Sorry, but I've worked for female executives, and my own staff is mixed gender. I am witness to a powerful politician, and she is a lesbian. With a girlfriend. Earth will progress beyond the necessity of gender rolls, rather we will evolve such that the rolls are choice.

That's a wonderful idea but in a nation (America) and truely a world which YOU CAN NOT DENY sees women as inferior to men and pays themless and offers them parental over males just for being a women...a world that has yet to see a female US President...A world which women do not get equal pay even now in many First World Countries shows just how rare justice and FAIR occurs in this far from perfect world.

If you're allowed to propagate these prehistoric prejudices, I fear for the future of the Federation.[/QUOTE]

It is your own predjudices that defy such a future. Your predjudice is against morality it against fairness. Why even have marriage in your world? What is the point? Do you know?

Spoken like a true Borg drone. Have you never heard of chaotic systems?

As Janeway and Tuvok noticed...the universe could use more order and less chaos.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Saquist..a virus is not stopped buy a quaint little commitment ceremony. Marriage does not stop infidelity.

But loyalty does stop a STD. Can you chose to be loyal or is it merely your right to have whom and what you want? Which is fair? Get out your moral measuring stick...

A typical fear angle you're starting. Other than the fact that as a Starship I have four hundred and eighty parents of varying genders :D, this tack is irrelevant. Seriously though, if my dad or mom were homosexual, I obviously would not be born. This is a hard fact of life. Placing the fear of not being born into your reader is Vatican propaganda.

Are your parents still together?

Probably refers to this parable from Luke:

19:11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. What the Bible says about democracy

19:13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

19:14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.

19:15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

19:16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.

19:17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

19:18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.

19:19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.

19:20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:

19:21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.

19:22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:

19:23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?

19:24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.

19:25 And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.

19:26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

You're referring to an old libel misread from Luke 2:19, as I recall. It's a parable. It doesn't mean - or read as, for that matter - people being slaughtered.

Somewhere in the OT. The NT rescinded that whole bit, though.

I'm not Christian, but the first thing definitely sounds incorrect; Jesus never condoned slaughter or killing.

The second thing is probably in Deuteronomy, which is full of ridiculous laws and regulations.

i know i have made it my life goal to break as many of them as possible now if only i can find a rock badger to eat

The poster was taking a parrable and using it to make a false claim. Read the parrable for yourself:

The Parable of the Minas​
Luke 19
11 Now as they heard these things, He spoke another parable, because He was near Jerusalem and because they thought the kingdom of God would appear immediately. 12 Therefore He said: “A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return. 13 So he called ten of his servants, delivered to them ten minas, and said to them, ‘Do business till I come.’ 14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We will not have this man to reign over us.’
15 “And so it was that when he returned, having received the kingdom, he then commanded these servants, to whom he had given the money, to be called to him, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16 Then came the first, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned ten minas.’ 17 And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.’ 18 And the second came, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned five minas.’ 19 Likewise he said to him, ‘You also be over five cities.’
20 “Then another came, saying, ‘Master, here is your mina, which I have kept put away in a handkerchief. 21 For I feared you, because you are an austere man. You collect what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’ 22 And he said to him, ‘Out of your own mouth I will judge you, you wicked servant. You knew that I was an austere man, collecting what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow. 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, that at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’
24 “And he said to those who stood by, ‘Take the mina from him, and give it to him who has ten minas.’ 25 (But they said to him, ‘Master, he has ten minas.’) 26 ‘For I say to you, that to everyone who has will be given; and from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 27 But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.’”

This is in the OT it was the judgement that was carried out against people who comitted Adultry. There is not such call in the NT for Followers of Jesus to carry out punishment for sin, although we warn of Gods eternal punishment for sin.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Back