What made you turn towards your faith?

Thoreau

Valued Senior Member
What caused you to turn towards your faith?

This is a question for all of those who were atheist/agnostic but then for whatever reason decided that there is a God/higher power etc.

What made you change your beliefs?

(This question does not apply to those who were raised in and currently hold the same beliefs)

Last edited:
Most People get there Faith from there family traditions,

I doubt many People gained there faith, any other way.

This is a question for all of those who were atheist/agnostic but then for whatever reason decided that there is a God/higher power etc.

(This question does not apply to those who were raised in and currently hold the same beliefs)

well thats for me
In our family churches are exclusively for attending weddings and funerals

I guess there were a few issues but I think the clincher came that even with the best of all opportunities that life could offer (and who gets them anyway) things are still futile and besieged by unsolvable problems ... this kind of led the foray into philosophy which is why I am where I am at the moment

Hm, it never occured to me in the last 10 years,

but I might turn to faith,

after I might ever have an accident, brain damage, dementia or mental retardation.

Otherwise, being mentally healthy, I don't see, why should I succumb to such a delusion as religious faith.

Hm, it never occured to me in the last 10 years,

but I might turn to faith,

after I might ever have an accident, brain damage, dementia or mental retardation.

Otherwise, being mentally healthy, I don't see, why should I succumb to such a delusion as religious faith.

The question doesn't apply to you.

troll.jpg

spiritual influences and experiences.

Dumb luck. It happened to be to that side of me when I turned.

Back