What is your door?

Aut-postius

Registered Senior Member
To enlightenment, that is...

Is there a particular activity you do that spurs your mind creatively?

For me it's skateboarding and yoga. The perfect ying and yang.

Yoga teaches me patience. It helps heal my body, develops my muscles - and relaxes me. I have come across some of my best ideas while meditating in different poses.

I do Yoga alone, it teaches me to appreciate solitude.

Skateboarding teaches me freedom. It wrecks my body, builds and destroys my muscles, and releases tension. I have come across some of my very best ideas through skateboarding.

I skateboard with freinds, it teaches me that (believe it or not) there is still beauty to be found in humanity...

how bout you?

The introduction to a new thought or idea which as no predecessor. Sudden realization. This can be both glorious and then deflating: once you reach the zenith, the chase is over.

you won't beleive but tht is Mike Oldfield and is fantastic music. it really releases the spirit in me (if I can say so) and of course, sitting in a pine forest by the Baltic Sea

I love to argue so i would say its someone who oposes a view i have. This forces me to look at a diferent perspective and i can usaly use this to find new arguments to suport my own view:D

to speak in your terminology, Aut:

my yang is awe
my yin is the same as Asguard's

but I don't have a door: I have a gate.

The realization that groups of people who've been arguing with each other are actually saying the same thing, but in different langauges. That happens in a lot of areas... and to be able to take a step back and laugh at both sides for thinking they have a disagreement feels like enlightenment to me.

And instead of a door or a gate, I'll call it a window. But I'll also realize we're all talking about the same thing when we say door or gate or window, just using different languages. ;)

hahahaha.

I am only worndering this: do I use the door to go out, the gate to get inside, or the window to look out?
And when does the cab to enlightenment come to pick me up, I've been waiting for too long now. ;)

Aut-postius

Hiking and yoga. Its pretty much like your skate boarding and yoga. When Im really stressed out - Ill go trail running.
Being alone really gets my mind thinking. Im not too creative, but Id have to say doing activies by myself, gets my mind to working more - in a positive way.

Groove on

Back