what is the song you asociate with you happiest memories?

Asguard

Kiss my dark side
Valued Senior Member
Ok thats a really long title but it is what i am asking

a friend of mine gave me "blister in the sun" by the Violent Femmes (which i always thought was TWISTER in the sun)

its a song that was played at my year 10 formal, the first time i layed back and just enjoyed myself

i even danced with a couple of my friends that night (like that red head in my photo:D)

i still look back at that night as one of the happiest i have ever had and lissioning to that song brings it all back crystal clear

anyone else or am i just rabiting on for the sake of it?:p

Asguard ...

A big band number: 'Thanks for the Memories'

Hmm ... or maybe 'A Whole Lot of Loving'

ZZ Tops ????

Take care ;)

hey you have to say what its associated to as well not just name you fav song:mad:

Picky, picky, picky ...

My divorce.

A very hot girlfriend.

There! Are you satisfied?

Take care ;)

Scary Scary

Spirits (Having Flown) - Bee Gees

or

Free to Love You - Tommy Shaw

or (frighteningly)

You're So Strange - Kik Tracee (don't ask, it's a huge long story)

or

Grizzabella the Glamour Cat - Act 1, Cats (again, don't ask)

Probably "Spirits" or "Free to Love You". Both have multisensory associations; "Spirits" to my fascination with the unknown (it's a Ufo song to me, believe it or not), and "Free to Love You" is just a song that I listened to one summer when I fell in love with a pretty little church girl.

And speaking of church girls, if anyone has a copy of Nolan Strock's Gettin' Married, do let me know. It's been fourteen years since I last heard that song and it's impossible to find.

Sadly, I need to put Crocodile Rock (Elton John) and I Love the Dead (Alice Cooper) onto the list for reasons y'all probably don't want to know.

Oh, well.

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

Happy Songs!

Love Song - Sky

Holy Moment - Matt Redman

We Are Forgiven - The Calling

Did You Feel The Mountains Tremble? - Martin Smith

Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye

Emotion - Bee Gees

good times....good times... :)

Can't remeber what its called but it goes a little like:

A cat and the cradle on the silver moon, nada na na na na na
Something, something with a spoon
nada na na na na na na na

thesis of the cruel angel

and one winged angel

i know the second one was evil in fact to evil

kupo

Hey, I know that song, Thor...I don't know the title either. :D And Brolly's looking mad...
mad.gif
which might be a bad thing since you say he lives right around the corner... :eek: :D

LOL

He does live around the corner from me

I just haven't got a clue about what he's writing

While driving to my favorite beach in the world, I came around a turn and the ocean and the cliffs and the rocks and waves came into view... The song that goes "I can see clearly now the rain is gone, I can see all the obsticles in my way..." Oh, it was awesome. I had just gone through a breakup and it was very uplifting. Now whenever I hear that song, I get a smile on my face. Every single time.:)

I know the song StRgrL. Shine, shine, Shine, shine Like the sunshine itself. No no no no no.

That must have been a very good moment. Wish that happened to me. Lucky

Thor

Thanks! But I dont know think thats the one, the one I heard goes" Its gonna be bright, bright.. Bright sun shiny day!! Let me do a search and Ill post the lyrics:)

Thats the one. I'm so tired. Must have forgotten the words. Oops. Now I remember.

I want some of those experiences, but I am young. My time is yet to come.

stRgrL, keep hold of that little experience. Think of it in the bad times. I envy you.

Hey,

Coming back from a stroll down Memory Lane, I remember one time, after reading White Fang by Jack London*, I heard the song True Colors by Phil Colins and I got really emotional. It wasn't a happy moment, because it felt like a piece of me was ripped out, my spirit crushed, my soul drowned. :( But the song has attached itself to me ever after...so I thought I'd stick it here. :)

*during my Farley Mowat obsession. Never Cry Wolf, I say - Neva! :D

Back