What is going on here?

John99

Banned
Banned
Norsefire is actually coming up with interesting discussions. The last one had me thinking about this phenomenon.

Have you ever been doing something and at the moment say you are picking up a box in a hotel and at the moment the question strikes you-

What am i doing here?

Why am i with these people?

Waht brought me here?

Why arent i in some other country or state?

Is this even me?

Just think about it and answer honestly. Please dont flame the thread and lets get some insight into this.

He inspired me to create this (serious)thread.

Have you Enmos, as an example, ever been in college and wondered those things above?

He inspired me to create this (serious)thread.

Have you Enmos, as an example, ever been in college and wondered those things above?

Yes college and university (don't know how that is relevant htough), and no, but maybe similar ones.

OK, but i am not asking you if you ever went to College.

I am asking with billions of people in the world have you questioned what brought you to be doing something at that very second. You could have just as easily come from a totally different background and at the same precise moment be doing something entirely different.

OK, but i am not asking you if you ever went to College.

I am asking with billions of people in the world have you questioned what brought you to be doing something at that very second. You could have just as easily come from a totally different background and at the same precise moment be doing something entirely different.

You mean the questions like:
- Why am I me ?
- Why did I get born in a western society ?
- Why do I exist at all ?
"I" referring to "the self" of course, not the body itself.

Sure I have. I have come to the conclusion that the sense of self is an illusion. We're all the same.

Norsefire is actually coming up with interesting discussions. The last one had me thinking about this phenomenon.

Have you ever been doing something and at the moment say you are picking up a box in a hotel and at the moment the question strikes you-

What am i doing here?

Why am i with these people?

Waht brought me here?

Why arent i in some other country or state?

Is this even me?

Just think about it and answer honestly. Please dont flame the thread and lets get some insight into this.

If it occurs too often then it can be classed a Depersonalization disorder

No Enmos, Stryder hit the nail on the head. I have experienced this and always in an unknown\new environment. It is like being in a dream state.

I did not know there was a condition associated with it but now i guess it happens to everyone.

Occasional moments of depersonalization are sometimes normal, persistent or recurrent feelings are not. It becomes a disorder when the dissociation is persistent and interferes with the social and occupational functions necessary to everyday living.

It was covered in the article, from Wikipedia that "Occasional" moments is normal and commonplace. As you put it, it's a Philosophical Indexing of "who I am?" and "why am I here?" as opposed to just feeling out of place an not where you are suppose to be.

No Enmos, Stryder hit the nail on the head. I have experienced this and always in an unknown\new environment. It is like being in a dream state.

I did not know there was a condition associated with it but now i guess it happens to everyone.

Hmm I don't think that happens to everyone though.
My previous answers where of philosophical nature.

Yeah I used to be like that, wondering and wondering. Now I am just living, a dull, pain-full life. So I am not questioning anymore.

For me it is exactly as described in the article but TBH it has only happened at the most 3 or 4 times which is certainly not a debilitating condition.

The thing is that when it happens it sticks out in your mind and it is actually pretty interesting but I can see how it can become a problem.

It is similar to Dejavu and i would not be surprised if the same areas of the brain or even chemicals in the brain are associated with both.

After reading up on this, thanks to the link provided, i have come to the conclusion that it is a combination of philosophical, mental and possibly supernatural.

It seems to be at the precipice of a cognitive OBE which i have experienced during sleep (non-cognitive) but never went all the way. I get to the point of intense shaking and i can feel myself getting to the point of full OBE but i always stop it and this was during a night tremor episodes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognition
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_psychology

So basically it is simply the feeling of being in tune with another individual and visualizing someone exactly like yourself, your double right down to appearance and mood, getting in synchronization.

Two individuals (seemingly individual but not really because the similarities are exact) connected at that very second on the same exact plane, like i can feel what they are experiencing and their surroundings interrupting my own, my life in another body. For which i have located and locked onto. My twin being with no physical relation but we are closer than even a brother or sister.

Picture a video tape playing and two separate images meshing, shot with two camera's but interfering with a clear image of what should be playing. This is an exact replica of everything about you poking through, and distance is meaningless...it does not exist. That person is you only in a different body that looks exactly like your own, in a different city, a different country but now...now you found an exact replica of everything about you.

Why am i here and they are someplace else? Like looking in a mirror and that person is you, right down to the most intimate detail and if they know this also then there is a telepathy between the two individuals.

Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
Back