What if God calls it quits?

Quantum Quack

Life's a tease...
Valued Senior Member
Taking things for granted is the issue. What if God decides to wind things up and move to another universe? What if he gets so disappointed with his own creation that he commits suicide and takes everything with him to oblivion?

Is it wise to take things for granted?
care to discuss?

Fine with me. I won't care once in oblivion.

Then again, what's the current status of the universal expansion theory? Fade away or snap back? If it's fade away, how do we know God hasn't already left, and the Universe is simply winding down?

From your personal view point, I guess it will be much like before you were born.

If he ever was there. If so, maybe he already has taken is leave, I mean take a look around.........

Bsemak said:

If he ever was there. If so, maybe he already has taken is leave, I mean take a look around

There's an old joke I picked up as a kid. I think it might have even come from the "Laughter is the Best Medicine" page in Reader's Digest:

A man stands before God and says, "Lord, I bet a million years is like a second to you."

God replies, "This is true, my son."

"And I bet a million dollars is like a penny to you."

"This is true, my son."

The man thinks for a moment, then says, "Can you spare a penny?"

God shrugs, nods, and replies, "Sure. Hang on just a second ...."​

It occurred to me long ago that maybe God popped out to grab some coffee.

There's an old joke I picked up as a kid. I think it might have even come from the "Laughter is the Best Medicine" page in Reader's Digest:

A man stands before God and says, "Lord, I bet a million years is like a second to you."

God replies, "This is true, my son."

"And I bet a million dollars is like a penny to you."

"This is true, my son."

The man thinks for a moment, then says, "Can you spare a penny?"

God shrugs, nods, and replies, "Sure. Hang on just a second ...."​

It occurred to me long ago that maybe God popped out to grab some coffee.

LMAO, that was very funny. I'm sure some guy starving to death right now is having this conversation with God.

As far as the thread itself, who gives a fuck either way. I don't see God lifting his finger to stop the spread of AIDS and....ah, I'm wasting my time. God left this universe a long time ago.

Taking things for granted is the issue. What if God decides to wind things up and move to another universe? What if he gets so disappointed with his own creation that he commits suicide and takes everything with him to oblivion?

care to discuss?

actually if people entertain this probability, they will tend to take things more for granted - "Hey we could lose it all at any moment, so lets get out there and really squeeze every last drop from this manifestation before we get hit with the nothingness"

actually if people entertain this probability, they will tend to take things more for granted - "Hey we could lose it all at any moment, so lets get out there and really squeeze every last drop from this manifestation before we get hit with the nothingness"

And that would actually be a good thing, right ?

He gave us 60/70 yrs in a universe that will last for billions of yrs, so sod off all ready you tight wad.

What makes you think he didn't give up and just walk away a long time ago?

care to discuss?

I think that if God were to pack up and ship out, no one would be able to tell that he did. So it really isn't that big of a deal.

Back