What I dislike about all religions....

cosmictraveler

Be kind to yourself always.
Valued Senior Member
They all want you to believe in "their" way of believing and if you don't , many times, they don't want you around them. I found this to be true in 5 examples that I know of and it is very sad once I was found out that I didn't "believe" the way they did, they actually shunned me. Their problem, not mine but there's the rub. They most all want harmony and preach about toarances but few ever hold up to their own values.

not just exclusive to religion,also found in musical taste,political opinon,fashion,choice of food.a lot of people just arent that nice.

although i suppose those other things arent preaching tolerance.ah well,even if people have almost everything in common they will try to find things to get tribal about : sport.

cosmictraveler said:
They all want you to believe in "their" way of believing and if you don't , many times, they don't want you around them. I found this to be true in 5 examples that I know of and it is very sad once I was found out that I didn't "believe" the way they did, they actually shunned me. Their problem, not mine but there's the rub. They most all want harmony and preach about toarances but few ever hold up to their own values.

Yes you are right - This is very sad. The bible for instance does preach tolerance, non-judgement, grace - all of which IMO are good things but very few Xtians live up to or convieniently forget, myself included. There are nothing wrong with these values and it seems a good way to lead a good life. But it is mans interpretation and execution of them that really disappoints. The Qur'an teaches the same as I am sure most religious books do. It is as if some people don't really know how to read sometimes.

cosmictraveler said:
But you haven't known the religious organization which is of God the Father in the Lord Jesus Christ (I Thessalonians 1:1 , I Timothy 3:15, I Corinthians 1:9,2 , Psalms 89:5) ?

enton said:
But you haven't known the religious organization which is of God the Father in the Lord Jesus Christ (I Thessalonians 1:1 , I Timothy 3:15, I Corinthians 1:9,2 , Psalms 89:5) ?
M*W: I suppose one must be Filipino and belong to theoldway to know the true godthefather and the lordjesushchrist? It must be really lonely up there at the top. You disgust me. What's more, you're an idiot -- a pseudo-christian idiot. It's all a load of bullshit, and you're full of it.

Medicine Woman said:
M*W: I suppose one must be Filipino and belong to theoldway to know the true godthefather and the lordjesushchrist? It must be really lonely up there at the top. You disgust me. What's more, you're an idiot -- a pseudo-christian idiot. It's all a load of bullshit, and you're full of it.
That's just your supposition but I say, we (Filipino christians/Christian Filipinos) are just affiliating ourselves in the church of God.

enton said:
That's just your supposition but I say, we (Filipino christians/Christian Filipinos) are just affiliating ourselves in the church of God.
M*W: Affiliate yourselves all you want. I've had the misfortune to work with some Filipinos, and they are the laziest bunch of people I've ever seen.

Medicine Woman said:
M*W: Affiliate yourselves all you want. I've had the misfortune to work with some Filipinos, and they are the laziest bunch of people I've ever seen.
THEY ARE? Whose they are you talking?

Medicine Woman said:
M*W: Specifically, Filipinos in medical professions. Sloppy and lazy.
Maybe, but not all Filipinos in medical professions are sloppy and lazy. :D

Many religions are false, just social clubs. The Gnostic Christians respected diversity of opinion and creativity.

Imperfectionist said:
Many religions are false, just social clubs. The Gnostic Christians respected diversity of opinion and creativity.
False religions actually focus their attention in mere socializing and extreme fanaticism. There is no hope in them.

enton said:
False religions actually focus their attention in mere socializing and extreme fanaticism. There is no hope in them.
M*W: I just had an interesting conversation with CottonT on another thread, and we've come to the conclusion that all religions taste like big donkey dicks. Shall we have Enton, Adstar, Jenyar and Jayleew explain to us what big donkey dicks taste like?

Medicine Woman said:
M*W: I just had an interesting conversation with CottonT on another thread, and we've come to the conclusion that all religions taste like big donkey dicks. Shall we have Enton, Adstar, Jenyar and Jayleew explain to us what big donkey dicks taste like?
M*W: It's your delicacy.

“ Originally Posted by Medicine Woman, How you say, "big donkey dick" in Tagalog? ”
enton
I'm not a Tagalog-speaking man but a visayan.
M*W: Oh, miseur, pardon moi, how you say, "big donkey dick" in visayan?

Back