What do you think?

Osame_

Registered Member
I have done some research on the face on mars, as well as other aspects that were found in the 50s-60s. I found some where that NASA neglected the photos, as they said the photos were just reflecting light because of the angles and the face on mars was just the surface? What kind of bull is that? And they also have found canals, rivers, and even something similar to our Grand Canyon. But NASA still says it isnt real. Why? I believe they know something we dont, and want us to forget about it, just like this Roswell and AREA 51 being a "airplane testing site" or a "bomb testing site" But, what REALLY goes on there?

thanks for you time.
Osame.

HMMM..why would Nasa hide something like that...are they afraid some redneck will go up to mars and bother the little green men. I believe it's nothing and if it is and US is hiding it for it's special purposes then they have gone off the edge and into the loony bin. The face however does look quite creepy though even if it is created naturally:eek:

Osame_

Instead of looking at conspiracy and junk websites, why not go to the source? Try actually reading NASA's pages on the face on Mars. Look at the Mars Global Surveyor photos of the "face". It is very clearly a natural formation.

For another part, i think our gov't is a bit looney. I mean, they can atleast release some information on the topics. Instead of making people wonder more, and more about it. Thats whats wrong, they tell us its nothing, but we know different and it makes people look into the subjets more, and aggrevate them. I think, if they would release some information, most people would leave it be. what you guys think?

Osame:

The government <b>has</b> released all the relevant information on the "face" on Mars. They even made a special effort to take a second look at it, just in case it was an artificial structure.

Why don't you look at the photos on the NASA site?

THere are natural features all over earth that look like faces, ducks, and anything else you can imagine. Given enough rocks being randomly weathered you will eventually get one that appears to be a face. Why cant it happen on mars without BGMs to blame?

Nasa would release anything they know about little green men faster than Bill Clinton can get his pants down. It would meen an instant increase in their budget of monumental proportions.

Actually look at the pictures of the face at different times during the rotation around the sun. You'll see it's just the shadowing. It looks very unlike a face at other times.

Why would NASA hide such things? The general public scares easily...in crazed mob style. OH NO! Anyway, society can't handle everything at once.

Nasa would release anything they know about little green men faster than Bill Clinton can get his pants down. It would meen an instant increase in their budget of monumental proportions.

Actually, only an idiot would tell the world they'd found proof of aliens. Much that many might think we're ready to know, the simple fact is we are not. Millions upon millions of religious folk would go ballistic and start world war 3, americans would all grab their guns and start shooting those big water holding things you find on farms and in general the world would crumble into mass hysteria :D

Furthermore, and i know this belongs on the religious forums, The face on mars is not a natural occurence- god made it :D I mean- day in, day out all i hear is god makes everything and everyone, (yes, it's a forum for lunatics), so it must be true that he also made the face on mars. god smiling down on us all? Lol.

The face on Mars, though an interesting curio in the early nineties, has since been debunked with the aid of a far more detailed sweep by the Mars Global Surveyor.

Have you seen the documentary which shows you the images of that region at various different times and in various different spectrums? It's one of these things that looks like a face in one photo, but in every other it doesn't.

From a SciForums thread in 2001 - my take:
Originally posted by goofyfish
Controversy continues to mount surrounding the Face.

The first image is the raw data returned from The Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) spacecraft. Public opinion as to origins run the spectrum from "mere coincidence" to "religious fervor".

smiley.gif

The following image, subject to meticulous digital enhancement by NASA's most powerful computers seems to remove all doubt...

smileyen.gif

You be the judge.

Back