Were Mohammad & Joseph Smith both tricked by an angel of light?

W

WildBlueYonder

Both saw “angelic” personages, that told them a “truth” that was diff than the Gospel Jesus left us, both succumbed to lust (harems) & power (political & military), both died at the hands of their enemies (Jewish slave woman) & (Missouri vigilante mob)

See here:
2Cr 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present [you as] a chaste virgin to Christ.
2Cr 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Cr 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him].

2Cr 11:12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
2Cr 11:13 For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Cr 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Cr 11:15 Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

From: http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/2Cr/2Cr011.html#top

What you think?

here are excerpts:

First Vision
Main article: First Vision
In an account Smith dictated in 1838 for inclusion in the official church history, he described the First Vision as an appearance of two divine personages sometime during the spring of 1820:
"I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me…When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name, and said, pointing to the other, 'This is my Beloved Son. Hear Him!'" (Roberts 1902, vol. 1, ch. 1, p. 5).

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_life_of_Joseph_Smith,_Jr.#First_Vision
l[/url]

Angels in Islam: Creatures of Light
By Prof. Shahul Hameed* Mar. 15, 2006
Belief in the existence of angels is one of the fundamental articles of faith in Islam. Muslims believe that angels were created by Allah (God) from light.

Muslims believe that the Angel Gabriel was the messenger through whom Allah revealed the Quran to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). He appeared to the Prophet as a person who could talk — an appearance which was in keeping with his task. It was the same Angel Gabriel who acted as the Prophet's guide on the Night of Ascension.
From: http://muhammad.islamonline.net/English/His_Message/BeliefWorship/04.shtml[/url]

Since there's no evidence for angels, and no good reason to believe in them any more than garden gnomes who frolick amidst my basil and rosemary at midnight, I'd say they were both either lying or deluded.

Most likely the former.

Your reason being ?

All Praise the Age of Reason

The Template of truth is the Messiah Jesus. All truths that claim to be from God that are in conflict with the teachings of the Messiah Jesus are deceptions from another source.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

The Template of truth is the Messiah Jesus. All truths that claim to be from God that are in conflict with the teachings of the Messiah Jesus are deceptions from another source.

And it's like that because YOU say so ?

All Praise the Age of Reason

Yes, and also Saul/St.Paul was tricked by an angel of light on the road to Damascus.

It is not denied you.

If you look into the Guidance Jesus gave Him followers and you look into the guidance mohammed gave his followers you will know that the message that mohammed gave his followers runs against the guidance Jesus gave His followers.

For the mormon religion all you have to do is look at the basic beliefs of mormons. they believe that Jesus and satan are brothers and that each person will one day become a god, ruling their own world. The mormon faith is in alignment with the objectives of satan. satan wanted to be a god and told Adam and Eve that God was a liar and that they too can be gods. The mormon religion preaches that same lie, that it's adherents can become gods.

Yes, and also Saul/St.Paul was tricked by an angel of light on the road to Damascus.
M*W: There may be significant resources that say Mohammad and Paul and maybe even Joseph Smith were epileptic. I'm pretty sure Mohammad and Paul were. Who knows about Joseph Smith. I've been to the Mormon Museum in Salt Lake City, and it was rather telling.

M*W: There may be significant resources that say Mohammad and Paul and maybe even Joseph Smith were epileptic. I'm pretty sure Mohammad and Paul were. Who knows about Joseph Smith. I've been to the Mormon Museum in Salt Lake City, and it was rather telling.

The Mormon Museum in Salt Lake is rather interesting. I was there in November. Whenever I think of Joseph Smith I think of South Park.

M*W: "Angels of light" were nothing more than stars. Paul (Apollo) was delusional.

The mormon faith is in alignment with the objectives of satan.
Actually for once I have to agree with you. Based on my research the Mormon church does appear to be a place for Satanists to disguise themselves. From what I've heard it is a big hangout for ex-O.T.O./Luciferians. Any one who not only believes in but actually worships Satan is seriously messed up in my book. Still I don't think most Mormons are aware of this.

Both saw “angelic” personages, that told them a “truth” that was diff than the Gospel Jesus left us, both succumbed to lust (harems) & power (political & military), both died at the hands of their enemies (Jewish slave woman) & (Missouri vigilante mob)

See here:

What you think?

They didn't see any angelic visions. Their use of gods and angels in scripture was premeditated to maximize followers. This technique was proven effective long before fraudsters Mohammad and Joseph Smith were born, and they simply used it.

Back