Well, what else can we expect?

How badly did the Sheriff screw up?

• They'll be lucky to not be charged with federal civil rights offenses

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A Republican in the Oval Office: The suspect is lucky they don't lock him up for wasting their time.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Pretty damn stupid of the Sheriff, but at least nobody died.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Screw up? Hey, I would feel a lot safer if the Sheriff in my town took out everything that even loo

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • (I'm not voting in this silly poll) / (Other)

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Tiassa

Let us not launch the boat ...
Valued Senior Member
Suspicious plants seized by cops aren't marijuana (Clarion-Ledger)
A Harrison County man says the 500 suspicious plants seized by law enforcement officers aren't marijuana--they just look like it . . . .

. . . . Narcotics officers seized the plants Monday night from a field in Harrison County. Sheriff George H. Payne Jr. said he never reported the plants were marijuana, only that they appeared to be illegal plants.

"We knew we were going to be criticized, whatever we did," Payne said. "We decided it was in the best interests of the public to remove it and test it. We had received complaints of people going out there and pulling off the leaves."

Waltman claims he planted the kenaf, a high-protein plant that reportedly attracts deer and increases their size, at a hunting camp off Herman Ladner Road . . . .

. . . . Waltman said the kenaf plant does look like marijuana. "But it has seven leaves at the top."
What else can we expect? And that's not even a Mississippi joke. It's a joke about police in the United States.

I mean ... what obligation does the Sheriff's department have to make sure there's actually a crime being committed?

We hear some pretty stupid cop stories from time to time, but ... I mean ... come on!

This is the state of your drug war! The cops don't even know what they're after!

Excuse me ... I have some civil disobedience to commit.

:m:

Originally posted by tiassa

I mean ... what obligation does the Sheriff's department have to make sure there's actually a crime being committed?
[/B]

We had received complaints of people going out there and pulling off the leaves."

It could moronic teens looting the leaves in hope of obtaining free stash.

Since the leaves of the marijuana plant contain very little THC, it would be pretty stupid to go and pull off the leaves of the plant in hopes of getting stoned. It is the buds that grow at the top of the mature female plants that are useful for smoking....

Back